Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
18 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:
Just a question on reconstruction, why does every idea have a split, or some convoluted mini league type nonsense?
Don't like the split never have done, would love to have it gone. Would love to have a set up where we only played each other twice, would bring the league much closer together at the top and allow the potential of, or at least allow he illusion of at least, a different winner.  In this case possibly 16 teams and expand the League Cup to include more guaranteed games to help with shortfall in games, as an idea.
If the SPFL have signed with Sky a deal that requires 4 games of them again, after the hassle last time, it does beggar belief, but would seem par for the course with this lot. If this isn't the case would those showing leagues recon with a split change your minds?

It's to maintain 4 OF games for TV.

It was claim d that was the case when RFC 2012 were trying to be shoehorned into the top league, but there were denials of this, is this genuinely the case or are we all just assuming the SPFL is stupid enough(I know, I know...) to sign a deal stating this?

If this is the case as you say, is this the only reason the split is being suggested?

17 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

1. 4 OF games for TV purposes.

2. A loss of match day income - a 16-team league with no split would see top flight clubs lose 4 home games. That’s a fair chunk of cash they’d be voting to lose out on.

Hence the expand the league cup to guarantee similar level of games. I'm sure there would be others possibly workable that would save the need for 18 teams and 34 games. Only problem would be the potential for complaints of meaningless games.

9 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Clubs will be fine for cash. As long as there's no long delay to next season. Rest of the payments will be in time to see everyone out. If not it's a major f**k up by spfl.

Don't think there should be relegation/promotion this season. But they could merge league 1 and championship for next season. And end up with 2 top leagues of sixteen for season after. Only other problem would be Highland and lowland league think something will be worked out to have promotion from there now. 

Or combine the 4 into 2. Final position in league determines where you play in the status quo for season 21/22

I presume it’s already been mentioned, but suspending the leagues as they are now and having smaller League North and League South may be a better way forward. Obviously a War Time solution would be seen as rather extreme, but it would increase the number of local derbies, be short enough to cope with possible 2nd and 3rd waves of the virus and the winners of the North/South could have play offs to settle the European phases. True, the Northern teams would miss the OF, but the tv deal could hopefully focus on both sides and the flexibility would probabley be beneficial.

Once a cure has been found for the Virus, the end of the current leagues could be scheduled. 

Edited by mychurch

5 minutes ago, mychurch said:

I presume it’s already been mentioned, but suspending the leagues as they are now and having smaller League North and League South may be a better way forward. Obviously a War Time solution would be seen as rather extreme, but it would increase the number of local derbies, be short enough to cope with possible 2nd and 3rd waves of the virus and the winners of the North/South could have play offs to settle the European phases. True, the Northern teams would miss the OF, but the tv deal could hopefully focus on both sides and the flexibility would probabley be beneficial.

Once a cure has been found for the Virus, the end of the current leagues could be scheduled. 

How would that address social distancing?

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ahaha, @RandomGuy. were all your polls binned?

Telling me not to vote no, then losing all the votes?

Are you Cockwomble?

Deleted all but the Premiership thread, seeing as the same five people seemed to be going into every divisional thread to vote no, defeating the point of having threads in each division.

I asked you to stop going into the Premiership/League One/League Two threads to vote no, aswell as the Championship thread, for that reason.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Deleted all but the Premiership thread, seeing as the same five people seemed to be going into every divisional thread to vote no, defeating the point of having threads in each division.

Don't accept my last vote anyway, I still have 28 days, the big hitters have been in touch.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Belgian sides seem to have voted to end their league, and set a date to end. Their FA then changed the date to end it, and now claimed they might not end at all, it depends on UEFA.

At the same time as this their FA have taken licences off 3 clubs in the division, so now the vote might not stand as these clubs might not be allowed a vote, but the clubs are appealing, so they might need to vote again if they win.

:lol:

Just now, johnnydun said:

Don't accept my last vote anyway, I still have 28 days, the big hitters have been in touch.

Is that why you and Marshmallo are pretty much identically following me about? 

I got back to back notifications of you voting/him voting, within seconds of each other, in multiple threads...

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Is that why you and Marshmallo are pretty much identically following me about? 

I got back to back notifications of you voting/him voting, within seconds of each other, in multiple threads...

'No comment'

Ayr fans lashing out at fellow member clubs because of their own perilous financial predicament. 
Its not our fault that your club haven’t saved for a rainy day. [emoji853]
Not every club is in the fortunate position of having a multi millionaire lottery winning supporter in the past who donated a large portion of his fortunes to his club.

I wish we were in the fortunate position you came up against by having a lottery winning supporter.

Looking at the voting slip from Dundee FC on BBC website John Nelms has pick a tick in the reject proposal box. The ICT and Partick Thistle show an X in reject proposal box. Have SPFL rejected Dundee FC's vote as a spoiled vote because of the tick instead of the X. I am only asking because in elections when you do the count when a tick shows on the ballot paper I thought the count rejects it as a spoiled paper? 

Just now, CowdenPhil said:

Looking at the voting slip from Dundee FC on BBC website John Nelms has pick a tick in the reject proposal box. The ICT and Partick Thistle show an X in reject proposal box. Have SPFL rejected Dundee FC's vote as a spoiled vote because of the tick instead of the X. I am only asking because in elections when you do the count when a tick shows on the ballot paper I thought the count rejects it as a spoiled paper? 

No.  It says on the slip 'place a tick in the box'..

Just now, CowdenPhil said:

No they don't. It's a clear preference expressed.

You can draw an x a tick a 1 or a smiley face if you want