Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

I can see why ICT would vote no, no playoffs and the restructuring being down to the top league voting for it in the future.
I can see why partick would vote no.
I would understand Dundee doing it with playoffs

But to have this utter catastrofuck at one not being able to submit a vote.. astonishing.

Just waiting on Dundee changing vote and someone else asking to change theirs after

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And have one side idle on the final day?

Let's remember that the season Hibs were relegated, they sat top of the bottom half at the time of the split, before its suggested you schedule the side in that position as being idle on the last day.

There are always downsides. You could go 6/8 after 26 games and have the top lot play 36 games and the bottom 40.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Going way back to Dele's idea of evenly splitting the prize pot which would mean everyone would get £595,000 nice wee bonus for Brechin who should have received £45,000 and Dundee United who would get a £30,000 lift

I can't see everyone being happy with that but it MIGHT make sense to do it by division.  Everyone in the Championship shares the remaining Championship prize money equally and the same on down the leagues.  The Premiership might need to split into top and bottom halves, given that the top 3 already have some of their top-6 prize money in their pockets.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would be very Dundee to force through a 14 team top flight with the belief it gives them guaranteed promotion into it the next season.

Only to finish 2nd behind Partick Thistle, who theyll have saved from relegation, and miss out.

This would be extremely funny.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

There are always downsides. You could go 6/8 after 26 games and have the top lot play 36 games and the bottom 40.

And then get the side in 7th moaning they play far more games and get less than money than 6th?

I can't see a 14 team league being voted in by top flight sides. I dont see why people seem so convinced it would actually be better either. Adding United and ICT into this years league is hardly some refreshing new slant on things, both have been up and down fairly regularly in the past decade. 

A permanent change to 16 team top flight, with still only one or two relegation spots, is the only proposal, in my opinion, that would get the backing of top flight sides just now.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

And then get the side in 7th moaning they play far more games and get less than money than 6th?

I can't see a 14 team league being voted in by top flight sides. I dont see why people seem so convinced it would actually be better either. Adding United and ICT into this years league is hardly some refreshing new slant on things, both have been up and down fairly regularly in the past decade. 

A permanent change to 16 team top flight, with still only one or two relegation spots, is the only proposal, in my opinion, that would get the backing of top flight sides just now.

I am in favour of 16 too. But it's all about money isn't it? Sky only want the OF and they want the OF x4 a season.

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

I can't see everyone being happy with that but it MIGHT make sense to do it by division.  Everyone in the Championship shares the remaining Championship prize money equally and the same on down the leagues.  The Premiership might need to split into top and bottom halves, given that the top 3 already have some of their top-6 prize money in their pockets.

That would give everyone £285,500 obviously would massively hit the top 4 but the bottom 6 would be laughing

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The good of the game won't come in to it now...it never did.

Any restructure and whatever else might happen will have a huge face saving element built in to it.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I am in favour of 16 too. But it's all about money isn't it? Sky only want the OF and they want the OF x4 a season.

Sadly yes, which is why I can't see any reconstruction coming in, next season at least.

I do wonder if a 16 team top flight, play each other twice (30), split into 8s, play each other twice (44), could be agreed to come into effect Summer 2021. Next season with the Euros and uncertainly over a start date wouldnt be possible. Put the Betfed back into a straight knockout format, and scrap the Challenge Cup to cut down on games.

This season just hand out money based on current position, no relegation or promotion, with the knowledge leagues are expanding the next season so teams up the top should have the safety net of a poorer season still being rewarded.

Not sure how youd form the tiers below the top flight, but hopefully you include both Highland League/Lowland League winners coming up automatically without relegation, for a season.

I think something like that would potentially pass a vote just now, dependent on the lower tier set up for them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The good of the game won't come in to it now...it never did.

Any restructure and whatever else might happen will have a huge face saving element built in to it.

Definitely, but a postponed reconstruction might.

Top flight sides would vote for an expanded top flight if it decreased their relegation risk (adding four sides, but not increasing the relegation spots, would have middling top flight sides voting for it).

Teams in promotion spots would likely be agreeable as theyd fancy their chances of going up due to increased promotion spots.

Teams currently in relegation spots would obviously agree to save themselves.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Raith chairman claiming theyll be in administration by "July/August" if they dont recieve their final payment of prize money by then.

He’s talking shit, they have had 60 grand already, their begging bowl has raked in 50 grand, they have money coming from Fulham for a player, their covered for 80% wages for at least 12 weeks, a little money coming from the Tunnocks Cup, and they managed to squeeze in their second home game to receive the Blue Pound before it all went tits up. Utter rubbish

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Raith chairman claiming theyll be in administration by "July/August" if they dont recieve their final payment of prize money by then.

Don't see how, considering they won't be spending any money.

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

and they managed to squeeze in their second home game to receive the Blue Pound before it all went tits up. Utter rubbish

Sad to see Failkirk still having a mighty high opinion of themselves and their support, though it isn’t too surprising given their behaviour in the past.. Still got delusions of grandeur.

RG Master Plan

Current season - End as is, prize money handed out by position. No promotion or relegation.

2020/21 season played out in current format.

Reconstruction agreed for season 2021/22.

Top flight expanded to 16. 44 game season involving split after 30. Bottom team in 2020/21 relegated to Tier Two. Top 5 from 2020/21 Championship season added.

Two relegation spots from then on in. Both automatic. 

Tier Two expanded to 16. 9 teams from 2020/21 League One added. Team 10 is 2020/21 League Two champions. Same set up with 44 game season. Top two promoted automatically. Bottom two relegated. 

Tier 3 expanded to 12 sides. Play each other 4 times. 9 from 2020/21 League Two. Team 10 is 10th place from 2020/21 League One table. Team 11/12 are 2020/21 Highland/Lowland League winners.

Challenge Cup scrapped. Betfred Cup reverts back to straight knockout format. Lower tier clubs gain later access to Scottish Cup. This is an attempt to cut down on games.

650701628_tenor(24).gif.c9eddef53969202b5287d1c45c3189ad.gif

Think that would virtually satisfy everyone?

Nobody relegated before a season ends. Top placed sides get safety net of expanded promotion next season. Middling top flight sides get more clubs in the league and same relegation spots, so should make them more secure in their league. Everyone gets more income via more guaranteed home games. TV companies get their 4 OF games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

He’s talking shit, they have had 60 grand already, their begging bowl has raked in 50 grand, they have money coming from Fulham for a player, their covered for 80% wages for at least 12 weeks, a little money coming from the Tunnocks Cup, and they managed to squeeze in their second home game to receive the Blue Pound before it all went tits up. Utter rubbish

I would like to think this is fishing but I fear Falkirk fans actually think they have some sort of massive support. The ‘blue pound’ brought us one 1000+ away support in 3 visits this season. Dundee brought over 200 more fans for a pre season league cup game in July than you did for a top of the table clash in March which was your highest turnout against us. 

Your first two visits you brought similar numbers to East Fife. Dunfermline bring more away fans to Starks in one visit than you did in our 3 games this season combined.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I would like to think this is fishing but I fear Falkirk fans actually think they have some sort of massive support. The ‘blue pound’ brought us one 1000+ away support in 3 visits this season. Dundee brought over 200 more fans for a pre season league cup game in July than you did for a top of the table clash in March which was your highest turnout against us. 

Your first two visits you brought similar numbers to East Fife. Dunfermline bring more away fans to Starks in one visit than you did in our 3 games this season combined.

I agree to an extent, but that number is huge to teams at the bottom of league 1.