Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'd be amazed, or maybe not, how teams work out a budget and who they can do over to facilitate it. Remember the play off format was dreamt up by Browne McMaster and Jim Ballantyne, because your relegation had as big an impact on other clubs as it did on you.

Is that when we went down to the third tier around 1998 or 2004?

5 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Think it is more about clarity of what league they will be in and how to deal with all the players whose contracts run out in June. 

Are clubs going to be offering new deals to people furloughed - or out of contract players - when they've no idea when the contract (or season) is to begin? 

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nobody, but the general consensus is that smaller teams will go out of business if they don't receive this cash now, just seems such a small amount that they could survive without?

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Think it is more about clarity of what league they will be in and how to deal with all the players whose contracts run out in June. Though I dare say there are clubs who absolutely will need their final pay out, most Championship ones I would have thought though.

Also, Forfar are 9th. The League have largely already paid out the money that clubs in each division get for bottom spot (or 6th in the Premiership if they were guaranteed to be in the top 6). I'm not sure Forfar's remaining balance would be as little as £3,700 (I'd need to look) but as the team 2nd bottom of the 2nd bottom level they wouldn't be due massive amounts of prize money. That won't be the case for everyone else. Teams near the top of their divisions will be due a lot more if the final positions were declared (and presuming the SPFL actually have it, the tv companies have paid it and haven't intimated they want it back if the League finishes early).

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down.
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

I would’ve thought him voting to relegate your club would put you off their bridies ? I’m assuming he voted yes ?

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

What is the plausible alternative explanation for the events that we know happened?

Dundee maybe feel they have some leverage to put their proposal up for a vote?

Just now, Dele said:

Yes. Dundee will use the time to go around clubs with their own proposal before rejecting/accepting this one. 

That doesn’t explain why they’re not rejecting it now.

And it doesn’t explain why they filled in a form between 4-5pm rejecting this proposal.

Or why the SPFL professes not to have received any Dundee vote.

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

But for that to happen this proposal has to be rejected.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Yes. Dundee will use the time to go around clubs with their own proposal before rejecting/accepting this one. 

Bit Dundee have zero leverage in a situation where this proposal gets rejected.

The moment they say No, they lose all their leverage. Just now they can only use it against teams who want them to say yes.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

And it doesn’t explain why they filled in a form between 4-5pm rejecting this proposal.

Or why the SPFL professes not to have received any Dundee vote.

Well, I doubt we'll be doing anything at the moment in regards to the vote due to the serious allegations made against Doncaster and the SPFL.

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

That's the way I see it and have no problem whatsoever with that course of action.

By then we will know the FIFA and UEFA course of action. Who knows what may be available then?

The SPFL gave clubs 2 or 3 days to run through and vote on a 100 page proposal apparently. Totally bonkers, imo.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

If they reject it now, the old proposal could be re-release and voted through. 

Dundee are using their alloted time frame to look out for what is best for them. 

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Is that when we went down to the third tier around 1998 or 2004?

2004 it was thought to be a way of saving the skin of relatively big clubs who have a rotten season and finish second bottom and give them the best chance of getting back up.

Which your lot almost fūcked up by nearly losing against Peterhead in 2005.

Guest Flash
36 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Forfar 9th in league 1 only due £3700, so why are so many saying they will go out of business if they don't get such small amounts of money?

Or am I missing something?

Here’s last season’s prize money.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Obviously doesn’t show interim payments that clubs would receive before the end of the season - £3,700 would mean they’d already received about 95% of the payout.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit Dundee have zero leverage in a situation where this proposal gets rejected.

The moment they say No, they lose all their leverage. Just now they can only use it against teams who want them to say yes.

When they say no they have plenty of leverage. The SPFL has to come up with an alternative proposal.

The timing of that No is irrelevant unless they’re actually considering voting Yes to this proposal.

In which case what has caused them to change their mind since 4:20pm or so yesterday evening when they told other Clubs they were voting no?

Which gets us back to the beginning: either Dundee were lying or were leant upon.