Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

How else are we to explain today’s revelations if not one of two ways:

(a) Dundee deliberately gamed the situation to extract concessions to change their vote

(b) SPFL leant on Dundee not to confirm their vote and Peter Lawwell wants “a nice chat”

(c) none of the above

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

How else are we to explain today’s revelations if not one of two ways:

(a) Dundee deliberately gamed the situation to extract concessions to change their vote

(b) SPFL leant on Dundee not to confirm their vote and Peter Lawwell wants “a nice chat”

Come on now Ad Lib, it's because of us and ICT that you were not relegated yesterday.

Edited by johnnydun

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down.
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

You'd be amazed, or maybe not, how teams work out a budget and who they can do over to facilitate it. Remember the play off format was dreamt up by Browne McMaster and Jim Ballantyne, because your relegation had as big an impact on other clubs as it did on you.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Come on now Ad Lib, it's because of us and ICT that you were not relegated yesterday.

It doesn’t make any difference to me if we are relegated yesterday or in several weeks’ time.

What is your plausible explanation for Dundee telling other clubs unequivocally they had voted against the proposal, only for that position not to be reflected in the information published by the SPFL yesterday evening?

What happened between 4pm and 6pm yesterday? Be plausible and be specific.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've actually spent decades understanding that relegated clubs traditionally face financial penalties while promoted ones benefit.

Well then I suggest you apply that learning to the current context rather than asking stupid questions. 

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

What happened between 4pm and 6pm yesterday? Be plausible and be specific.

This would imply that you don't know? But equally you do know what DFC are guilty off?

Strange times here.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

I find the SPFL leadership, especially that utter belled Doncaster to be complete bastirds, however, I wouldn't want Rangers to bring them down.

With a bit of luck they bring each other down.

Just now, srw said:

This would imply that you don't know? But equally you do know what DFC are guilty off?

Strange times here.

What is the plausible alternative explanation for the events that we know happened?

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Who said Forfar would go out of business?

Nobody, but the general consensus is that smaller teams will go out of business if they don't receive this cash now, just seems such a small amount that they could survive without?

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

What is the plausible alternative explanation for the events that we know happened?

Youre the one with the knowledge apparently?

The last few hours has ben absolutely comical on here.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Nobody, but the general consensus is that smaller teams will go out of business if they don't receive this cash now, just seems such a small amount that they could survive without?

Think it is more about clarity of what league they will be in and how to deal with all the players whose contracts run out in June. Though I dare say there are clubs who absolutely will need their final pay out, most Championship ones I would have thought though.

41 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Forfar chairman saying they are only due £3700 in final payments.
Say they want clarity so they can sort out contracts and accounts for next season. Fair enough.
Then goes onto say we can expect £75000 from the relegation of Thistle and Falkirk staying down.
Sorry pal, if it comes to it no bridies for me next season.

Fair play for the honesty, as he’s only admitting what is really the case for all clubs; that their vote was made for self-serving reasons. He probably shouldn’t have bothered, though, as I’d guess that now they’ll be needing to revise that estimate.