Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

It's only a moot point to you as it suits your agenda.
So once again,
Has anyone mathematically earned promotion or relegation?

Interesting that your chairman and a large proportion of your fans seem to be wholly comfortable that we have earned the right to be crowned champions, as well as claim the prize money that accompanies that honour, but think we shouldn’t be promoted.

At least have the self respect to admit your only motivation here is benefitting from the tangerine pound [emoji28].

Btw if we aren’t doing null and void, which isn’t on the table, then how should the prize money be split? On the basis of current league position? If so, Dundee are only 15 points off bottom, how can we be sure they wouldn’t have at least finished in the relegation playoffs?

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Which league? 16-16-12=44, I take it your letting both non league p/o teams up?

14 gives you 46, then you still have the issue of identifying which teams and how to fill the spaces they leave.

Sorry Sergeant, I would go 16 Premiership, 16 Championship, 12 L1.

Yes I would invite the top Highland and Lowland team into the new L1

I would also have the same promotion playoff system they have in England.

2 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

I've got no agenda, my preference is for United to win it on the park. Scrapping the season seems like the worst option to me.

Seems like the only ones with an agenda in this situation is your club.

No, 

After being called an idiot, I explained my thoughts on my clubs "agenda";

58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Why does that make me an idiot?

Do you think it's fair that clubs are relegated or promoted on the back of a 2 day turnaround vote?

I don't think that we will get a chance at play offs and whatever the outcome we will still be in the Championship next season, whenever that is. We can't have a 16 team top league.

Nelms has already stated that there's a collective £3.5 - £4m that would be missed going down this knee jerk route, that's a massive ammount of money that can't just be shrugged off.

Then you have to ask yourself about ICT's motivation in voting no. With highly publicised financial difficulties already this season and a chance of discussions that would see them have the chance of promotion, it can't he as black and white as some would have you believe. Are they selfish idiots too?

It screams pressure and bullying from the SPFL, because lets face it, nothing is stopping them having a vote on the immediate release of some of the prize money, with FIFA also stating they have a pot to help clubs out.

Dundee don't have much to gain from this really but if you can take off your Tangerine tinted glasses for just a second, you can see that it is about fairness for Scottish football as a whole, no team 'deserves' relegation or promotion as it stands. Plus questions must be asked about the missing millions.

Those previous very vocal DAB friends of yours have not given me one jot of a counter argument.

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No, 

After being called an idiot, I explained my thoughts on my clubs "agenda";

Those previous very vocal DAB friends of yours have not given me one jot of a counter argument.

I agree with a lot of what you say, I never saw that post but I would never call anyone an idiot because they have a different point of view.

From my point of view there is no fair outcome here other than starting the league where it finished whenever it's safe to do so. That option doesn't seem practical though so alternatives need to be sought.

The reality is the majority of teams agree with the proposals on the table.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Why does that make me an idiot?

Do you think it's fair that clubs are relegated or promoted on the back of a 2 day turnaround vote?

I don't think that we will get a chance at play offs and whatever the outcome we will still be in the Championship next season, whenever that is. We can't have a 16 team top league.

Nelms has already stated that there's a collective £3.5 - £4m that would be missed going down this knee jerk route, that's a massive ammount of money that can't just be shrugged off.

Then you have to ask yourself about ICT's motivation in voting no. With highly publicised financial difficulties already this season and a chance of discussions that would see them have the chance of promotion, it can't he as black and white as some would have you believe. Are they selfish idiots too?

It screams pressure and bullying from the SPFL, because lets face it, nothing is stopping them having a vote on the immediate release of some of the prize money, with FIFA also stating they have a pot to help clubs out.

Dundee don't have much to gain from this really but if you can take off your Tangerine tinted glasses for just a second, you can see that it is about fairness for Scottish football as a whole, no team 'deserves' relegation or promotion as it stands. Plus questions must be asked about the missing millions.

Where does the £3.5m - £4m come from? If it is from the remaining games that would have been played if the season had been completed it is gone anyway if there isn’t time to finish the season. And if this season can only be finished by shortening next season, it is the same end result. If Nelms wants anybody to pay any attention to his statement, he needs to explain where the figures come from and how he would propose to recoup the money.

And before anybody starts that I favour a yes vote because it suits Queens, I think it is completely unfair to relegate Thistle without them being allowed to play another game. I’ve already said my preference would be to start next season with truncated play-offs that involve a maximum of 3 games for any club and that could be completed in little over a week. They would include Queens v Thistle to see who is automatically relegated, sort of in lieu of their game in hand. The point isn’t what is the better way to proceed. The point is that Nelms using figures which are not explained or evidenced carry no weight whatsoever.

20 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Sorry Sergeant, I would go 16 Premiership, 16 Championship, 12 L1.

Yes I would invite the top Highland and Lowland team into the new L1

I would also have the same promotion playoff system they have in England.

You've dropped the 14 team bottom division for a 12, fair enough. How will you get round the lack of league games in the top two? 15 home games, particularly in the championship, that's a potential 20% drop in gate money, before you factor in playing less attractive fixtures.

Would you have splits and play offs within the divisions to maintain the tv requirement of enough games between the big teams to attract a tv deal?

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Where does the £3.5m - £4m come from? If it is from the remaining games that would have been played if the season had been completed it is gone anyway if there isn’t time to finish the season. And if this season can only be finished by shortening next season, it is the same end result. If Nelms wants anybody to pay any attention to his statement, he needs to explain where the figures come from and how he would propose to recoup the money.

And before anybody starts that I favour a yes vote because it suits Queens, I think it is completely unfair to relegate Thistle without them being allowed to play another game. I’ve already said my preference would be to start next season with truncated play-offs that involve a maximum of 3 games for any club and that could be completed in little over a week. They would include Queens v Thistle to see who is automatically relegated, sort of in lieu of their game in hand. The point isn’t what is the better way to proceed. The point is that Nelms using figures which are not explained or evidenced carry no weight whatsoever.

That's why I am saying questions need to be asked about it. It certainly can't just be shrugged off due to the SPFL wanting a 2 day answer.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You've dropped the 14 team bottom division for a 12, fair enough. How will you get round the lack of league games in the top two? 15 home games, particularly in the championship, that's a potential 20% drop in gate money, before you factor in playing less attractive fixtures.

Would you have splits and play offs within the divisions to maintain the tv requirement of enough games between the big teams to attract a tv deal?

Raise  admission prices .   

With Dundee trying to be cnuts of the year, holding the rest of the lower leagues teams vital cash in limbo, can anyone remind me how many times these feckers have been in Administration?
If any clubs go bust over Dundee intransigence over this, Dundee should just feck off and take Sevco with them, and form their own cheating league.

Oh my. This shit is beyond delicious [emoji23]