Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What criteria are you using to find the six new clubs? HL/LL gives you two.

I'll be honest and say I haven't given this part much thought. 

However, with the junior teams entering the pyramid system, it wouldn't be hard to promote more teams in to the league. 

With Dundee trying to be cnuts of the year, holding the rest of the lower leagues teams vital cash in limbo, can anyone remind me how many times these feckers have been in Administration?
If any clubs go bust over Dundee intransigence over this, Dundee should just feck off and take Sevco with them, and form their own cheating league.

1 minute ago, mps02 said:

With Dundee trying to be cnuts of the year, holding the rest of the lower leagues teams vital cash in limbo, can anyone remind me how many times these feckers have been in Administration?
If any clubs go bust over Dundee intransigence over this, Dundee should just feck off and take Sevco with them, and form their own cheating league.

From the Greetin' league to the Cheatin' league eh?

4 hours ago, srw said:

There isn't a higher bar, that misleading. There needed to be 75% or over, in each banding, in favour of the changes. The motion failed as a result of only 70% of clubs voting Yes.

If you don't like this, ask Xi Jinping or Vladimir Putin to run the SPFL.

The SPFL released the numbers as they had no choice, what were they going to do, just say see you all on Monday.

It’s not misleading at all. Because 75% doesn’t go nicely into 10 teams you have to get to 80% to pass in the Championship which is a higher chance of failure than the other leagues.

The SPFL could have absolutely said that we don’t have all votes returned and left it there, but deliberately released the results knowing it would put pressure on certain teams. 

2 minutes ago, mps02 said:

They’ve only been in administration twice.  Two times as often as they’ve won the Scottish Cup...

....and far more recently.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I'll be honest and say I haven't given this part much thought. 

However, with the junior teams entering the pyramid system, it wouldn't be hard to promote more teams in to the league. 

The juniors will be at tier 6 and that's in the west. The East mostly changed a couple of years ago. Are you suggesting promote more LL/HL teams and fill the gaps with ex juniors? Would these clubs be licenced to play in the SPFL or HL/LL?

The HL doesn't have a feeder yet to fill any gaps.

5 minutes ago, mps02 said:

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They’ve only been in administration twice.  Two times as often as they’ve won the Scottish Cup...

....and far more recently.

The same amount of time Dundee Harp have been liquidated. 

not nearly as recently.... 

f**k off tiny tears.
Thank you.

The unfairest part of this is enforced relegation, Where clubs still have a realistic chance to stay up. This shouldn't happen, as funny as that would be. 
Ayr haven't been out of the play-off places all season and I haven't heard one Ayr fan complain about us missing the chance to go up through the play-off. The fact that Dundee and Inverness have potentially blocked this is bizarre. Unless real reconstruction is on the table, there is no option but to accept this. There has been no details leaked of offers of increasing leagues so we can assume that isn't happening. 
I can only assume that there are a few board members at clubs not paying attention to the news. 

The thing is, this ideal of it being an ultimatum and only option doesn't really seem credible at this stage.

It may well be the thing that passes but the money is there in theory and whilst some clubs may be harder up than others, there's nothing tangible that suggests that the disruption to cash flow is going to sink anyone at this stage. If it was more urgent than that, I'd be hoping clubs would have been screaming from the rooftops weeks ago and making very clear steps to get money in. Whilst there's been an element of some clubs airing their concerns, it has been fairly tepid.

The clubs own the organisation and the money is (or anticipated to be) in the bank. Suggesting there is only one single mechanism for that to he released is blatantly nonsense.

Having a bit more time to seriously draft up a couple of other options and evaluate the interest in them isn't reckless.

3 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Have league one 12 or 14 teams then..... 

Which league? 16-16-12=44, I take it your letting both non league p/o teams up?

14 gives you 46, then you still have the issue of identifying which teams and how to fill the spaces they leave.

This season is over. There's no way it could or should be completed. So null and void now. Would anyone agree, that prize money should just be given out now? Based on league, and not trying to make up, what positions teams might finish in.

3 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

This season is over. There's no way it could or should be completed. So null and void now. Would anyone agree, that prize money should just be given out now? Based on league, and not trying to make up, what positions teams might finish in.

Thank goodness: a different slant on things!

2 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

The title was a formality for united, even though we've been honking for months. Partick deserve to go down, they've been dog shit all season.

See, this is the argument that has no credibility at all.