Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, srw said:

Was quite surprised that ICT have voted against it, however this would point to potential league reconstruction being dead before it was even discussed. So why would the SPFL have released that they would look at this after a vote, its just comically naive and frankly ridiculous.

The vitriol aimed towards Nelms and Dundee is fantastic, every club has voted in their self interests, yet theres only one baddie, brilliant.

That's how football works though (see United solely being blamed for Rangers demise). One director or chairman is public about their view and explains themselves in such a way that they are painted as the villain of the piece by fans of other clubs.

Personally I don't blame anyone other than the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That's how football works though (see United solely being blamed for Rangers demise). One director or chairman is public about their view and explains themselves in such a way that they are painted as the villain of the piece by fans of other clubs.

Personally I don't blame anyone other than the SPFL.

I slightly disagree.

Ive argued with every stupid *** who blames Utd for their demise, although I think you lot should wear that as a badge of honour, I certainly would. I also think Utd should be promoted, and have had discussions / arguments on the DFC thread about it, theres no doubt about it in my mind.

I assumed this vote would lead to the Championship down being called, the Premiership would be called in a few weeks, there would then be league reconstruction which would save Hearts from relegation, and thats why I was against it. If I were viewing this purely with self interest at heart, Hearts avoiding relegation, Utd and ICT going up and Patrick going down, should make next season a hell of a lot easier for DFC. Theres no way we are getting promoted, so thats the best possible scenario for us.

Frankly who the hell knows what is going on now.

Elgin reckon they're in a better position than other League One/Two sides, but theyll "comfortably run out of money before September", if they don't have to pay any wages until then.
Montrose didn't think they'd even get through to the furlough payments without fans having to raise money to pay wages.
Those are from their official accounts on twitter, from 2 weeks ago. Montrose fans have raised a couple of thousand pounds since then.
Clubs will die this Summer, regardless of this vote, but lengthening the entire process is simply starving them for even longer. I've no idea what Dundee have to gain from not just rejecting the proposal if they don't like it. Its too late to renegotiate it considering every other club has voted. You'd be aswell just rejecting it then putting a new proposal up for a vote.

There were other options that the SPFL could have come up with to distribute the money.

It might not have been normal, but is this proposal ?

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

There were other options that the SPFL could have come up with to distribute the money.

It might not have been normal, but is this proposal ?

Yet they didn’t and the vast majority of clubs were happy with the proposal albeit it just failed the higher bar in the Championship due to number of clubs. If there is another solution why did they spend time negotiating this one and discussing it with clubs? Dundee and Inverness probably both know there is a huge risk that the Premiership clubs won’t vote for reconstruction especially after the 8-8-8 fiasco which failed.

The SPFL released the numbers as they know the huge pressure the no voting clubs in the Championship will come under particularly from L1 and L2.

It still doesn’t address what is actually going to happen since restarting the league and playing to a finish looks to have very little chance at all. 

3 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Yet they didn’t and the vast majority of clubs were happy with the proposal albeit it just failed the higher bar in the Championship due to number of clubs. If there is another solution why did they spend time negotiating this one and discussing it with clubs? Dundee and Inverness probably both know there is a huge risk that the Premiership clubs won’t vote for reconstruction especially after the 8-8-8 fiasco which failed.

The SPFL released the numbers as they know the huge pressure the no voting clubs in the Championship will come under particularly from L1 and L2.

It still doesn’t address what is actually going to happen since restarting the league and playing to a finish looks to have very little chance at all. 

There isn't a higher bar, that misleading. There needed to be 75% or over, in each banding, in favour of the changes. The motion failed as a result of only 70% of clubs voting Yes.

If you don't like this, ask Xi Jinping or Vladimir Putin to run the SPFL.

The SPFL released the numbers as they had no choice, what were they going to do, just say see you all on Monday.

17 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Is this the Cowdenbeath fan that got banned from here last night?

It gets better :

He does know the Titanic crashed and sank, right? :lol:

Edit : former Polis. I imagine plenty on criminals got away with their crimes due to his idiocy. 

Edited by Dele

What the f**k are Dundee waiting on? A simple yes or no would mean that we could all move forward with regards promotion/relegation etc or work on a new set of resolutions to vote on. Cant see the benefit of dragging it out

1 hour ago, srw said:

The vitriol aimed towards Nelms and Dundee is fantastic, every club has voted in their self interests, yet theres only one baddie, brilliant.

Nelms and Dundee are the only club holding things up. 

By neither yes or no, everyone is now stuck waiting, when teams are desperate for clarity.

3 hours ago, btb said:

Well you've changed your tune from 

Top flight clubs aren't going to vote to expand the top flight, not in a season when they've all been promised record of cash

I think a permanent 16 team top flight, with one or two relegation spots, and 44 league games, is the one and only way theyd probably be able to get it through.

But that's with the caveat that any top flight reconstruction apparently still uses the 11-1 vote, so just two sides could f**k that over.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nelms and Dundee are the only club holding things up. 

By neither yes or no, everyone is now stuck waiting, when teams are desperate for clarity.

This isn't Schrodinger's Cat, despite what some think.

The SPFL need Yes votes, they don't have it. So thats a No then.

Back to the drawing board.

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

What the f**k are Dundee waiting on? A simple yes or no would mean that we could all move forward with regards promotion/relegation etc or work on a new set of resolutions to vote on. Cant see the benefit of dragging it out

Youd think that a club with two Administrations in recent history would be against putting other clubs anywhere near that possibility.

Mind you, they shafted all those creditors twice, why not shaft most of Scottish Football this time. Go big or go home. Nelms going this far trying to out do his predecessors is admirable to be fair.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think a permanent 16 team top flight, with one or two relegation spots, and 44 league games, is the one and only way theyd probably be able to get it through.

But that's with the caveat that any top flight reconstruction apparently still uses the 11-1 vote, so just two sides could f**k that over.

Jesus mate, wrong, wrong and wrong again.

Youre having a nightmare on this thread, I don't know if its par for the course, but honestly, you need to engage your brain before posting. There is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Just now, srw said:

Jesus mate, wrong, wrong and wrong again.

Youre having a nightmare on this thread, I don't know if its par for the course, but honestly, you need to engage your brain before posting. There is absolutely no chance of that happening.

I mean, its quite clear it's just my opinion that it's the only proposal I can see top flights accepting in terms of reconstruction. 

It's also the only system that sees Dundee get promoted.

3 minutes ago, srw said:

This isn't Schrodinger's Cat, despite what some think.

The SPFL need Yes votes, they don't have it. So thats a No then.

Back to the drawing board.

The have 28 days to get all the votes. They dont currently have all the votes.

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Youd think that a club with two Administrations in recent history would be against putting other clubs anywhere near that possibility.

Mind you, they shafted all those creditors twice, why not shaft most of Scottish Football this time. Go big or go home. Nelms going this far trying to out do his predecessors is admirable to be fair.

😂 ten out of ten, gold medal for you.

7 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Love this shit. More please 😅