Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

It’s not just about the yes vote teams there clubs voted no because of the impact it has on them. Or maybe you think it’s entirely right that Partick Thistle and Stranraer be relegated with several games still to play?

Given that the solution is average points accrued over the season yes. There's been the vast majority of games played already. 

The arguments for and against don't really matter a joy otherwise. 

If the tables were turned and Partick were at the top and United were at the bottom I'd still say the same thing. 

It's the fairest solution out of a whole bunch of pretty shite solutions given the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye so being a United fan being a bit aggrieved and voicing my opinion is terrible but Dees lording it isn't just a little bit beneath us all 🤔

You've come online and threw your toys out the pram and directly in the direction of a team who haven't placed their vote yet - and could go either way. 

Not at the clubs who have already voted against the way you want. 

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your postings? 

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Given that the solution is average points accrued over the season yes. There's been the vast majority of games played already. 

If the tables were turned and Partick were at the top and United were at the bottom I'd still say the same thing. 

It's the fairest solution out of a whole bunch of pretty shite solutions given the circumstances. 

Course you would

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is null and voiding the season however awarding prize money to teams based on where they were placed  when the season was voided an option? That way teams are still getting prize money. Teams like Celtic, Dundee United etc will obviously be aggrieved not being awarded the title but at least they’d get some prize money. 

No. If it’s null and void it didn’t happen hence all money given out needs to b returned.

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Sorry but if United were bottom I don’t believe you would say the same thing at all

Just now, kdyteejay said:

No. If it’s null and void it didn’t happen hence all money given out needs to b returned.

But if you reward the titles and simply remove promotion/relegation then technically it's not voiding it.

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

You've come online and threw your toys out the pram and directly in the direction of a team who haven't placed their vote yet - and could go either way. 

Not at the clubs who have already voted against the way you want. 

Do you not see the hypocrisy in your postings? 

If you think what I've said is throwing my toys out of the pram I think you need to reevaluate your understanding of tone and language mate. 

Genuinely thought my words came across considered given the situation. 

Bit funny talking about hypocrisy when your fellow Dees are making hay out of this whole thing and yet here you are calling me out for my tone. 

The majority of clubs have voted in favour for my preferred solution, right when lockdown started and the leagues were stopped I commented on here that if this continued the fairest way to end the season would be to complete the remaining games using average points (maybe not verbatim but words to those effect). 

I'm happiest with a solution that allows for clubs to stay solvent and for football to be there when this all ends. The proposal voted on by the clubs today presents to me the best option for all. 

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Sorry but if United were bottom I don’t believe you would say the same thing at all

To put your impartial view into perspective ArabianKinght, were you not one of the many United posters that denied Cifti bit McAllistar? 

What would Dundee/Nelms have to gain from not voting just now? I can see why ICT would with the chat of a 14 team top flight, but not Dundee.
Thats a genuine question, as it'll presumably come across as snarky since its me saying it.

Well if you are trying to argue for something alternative, it maybe wins a bit of good faith in the discussions if you at least give the illusion of being open to return to this plan and not torpedo it properly, especially with the legal issues Rangers resolution run into. Skeptical of the whole reporting on the vote tally anyway, the press are running in circles.

I think Dundee's interests in this are focused on getting into the top flight. If Hearts come down, that's a b*****d to compete against next term, would feel hopeful we could win the league if St Mirren went down but Hearts would blow us out the water and I think they'd get their house in order like last time. United staying down isn't ideal either from that perspective but I think the way both teams form has went would maybe give hope that it'd be more competitive and of course it gives a couple of big gates and it's quite funny.

If the top flight is expanded, even if it excludes us and it is just for one season, it increases the chances of getting into it (depending on how it is drafted) eventually.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

To put your impartial view into perspective ArabianKinght, were you not one of the many United posters that denied Cifti bit McAllistar? 

IIRC I probably said it's highly unlikely it happened but if he did he should be properly punished for his actions. 

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Saw it a bit ago. A """""""""""""""""technical question mark""""""""""""""""", eh? Corrupt as f**k if it's the case. 

Rangers and Hearts have both said they voted 'no'. 

The powers that be have said only one in Premiership voted no.