Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably 12th, 13th and 14th all get relegated?

St Mirren and Hamilton are currently 10th/11th, and then you add in Dundee United who are spending multiples of what they are, and a Hearts side allowed another transfer window. 

Exactly. I think many of the clubs would be nervous about that and think there is a faint hope of getting that through, especially as a sizeable majority of them are happy with this proposal.

There is rarely a detached Premiership team and you’d expect Dundee United and Hearts to spend and bolster. So essentially the gig for the bottom 6 Premiership sides would be to lose an OF visit and replace it with Inverness and have a greater chance of going down with 3 of 14 spots than 1 out of 12. Sure they will be delighted. 

Edited by flyingscot

Bit worrying how many people seem to think that playing a half-season to accommodate the end of this one is a serious option. Obviously the clubs decided on thirty-odd league games arbitrarily.

Unless they're thinking of permanently switching to two seasons per calendar year, in which case I'm all for it. But it would increase the chances of someone other than Celtgers winning the title, so it will never be allowed to happen.

Also apparently in the Prem Rangers and Hearts have both confirmed they voted no yet official statement says only 1 premiership club voted no.

This is an absolute cluster f**k and i wouldn't be surprised if a re-vote is required

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's asking which one hasn't voted. Two voted No, one hasn't voted. They may have verbally told people that they are a "no" but at this stage they haven't voted. I assume it is Caley though with that word mess of statement it may have been Dundee. I think we can all safely assume Thistle are a No.

I heard it’s ICT , BBC have just tweeted to say that the clubs who’s vote was not received have confirmed they did vote and for some reason SPFL don’t have it !!!!

Daily Record saying it's Dundee:

Dee holding out

There’s still no official confirmation who that mystery club in the Championship is that holds the key to whether the proposal will go through or not.

But Record Sport understand it is Dundee who have yet to vote in the second tier.

The Dens Park side released a mammoth 680-word statement earlier today describing how clubs stand to lose £4million from the SPFL plan, so it remains even more surprising if they’re dawdling on their decision.

4 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Relegate the 3 late voters.

53 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Hearing it’s United that haven’t voted and are waiting the 28 days they are entitled to.

I'll have that please with extra salt.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Dee holding out

There’s still no official confirmation who that mystery club in the Championship is that holds the key to whether the proposal will go through or not.

But Record Sport understand it is Dundee who have yet to vote in the second tier.

The Dens Park side released a mammoth 680-word statement earlier today describing how clubs stand to lose £4million from the SPFL plan, so it remains even more surprising if they’re dawdling on their decision.

Thats them "understood" that both ICT and Dundee are the one club who havent voted yet tonight 😂

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Dee holding out

Was just away to post the same, they said ICT less than an hour ago.

They don't have a fuckin clue.

Bit worrying how many people seem to think that playing a half-season to accommodate the end of this one is a serious option. Obviously the clubs decided on thirty-odd league games arbitrarily.
Unless they're thinking of permanently switching to two seasons per calendar year, in which case I'm all for it. But it would increase the chances of someone other than Celtgers winning the title, so it will never be allowed to happen.

Why isn’t it a serious option? Games will need to be sacked off at some point, better not to sack off the current season though.