Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Ah I see, and yet Lachlan Cameron, the one with overall control still hasn't decided to utilise it.
He's also starting to crack a wee bit:

My reading into it was that we’re using the Government scheme to cover 80% of staff wages and then Cameron and the club will continue to pay the remaining 20% to ensure everyone is still earning their full amount. When he says the club are continuing to pay 100% I think that’s in relation to other clubs asking players and staff to take actual wage cuts.

Crack in what way?

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Lets release the funding now for the lower league clubs and the decisions made on the lower leagues should apply to all leagues .

SPFL have not done a good job on this.

Lower league teams have already had money forwarded. 

If the lower league teams end using points per game, the top flight will too.

I, like a lot of Dundee fans, have no issue awarding United the league - the problem is that United and Celtic are the only teams where it is pretty clear that their position is sure.

Can anyone seriously say that Hearts or Thistle would definitely gone down?

Or that ICT should be the team that goes up if there I'd a 14 team league next season?

Or that Falkirk wouldn't have overtaken Raith?

There's no easy solution to this that doesn't piss off several clubs.

^^^Spot on^^^

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of our directors states in that article that the Government plan will be a welcome help to us paying our staff.

He doesnt acrually say the furlough plan. There is other support. There is a coronavirus business grant and rates relief too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sky reporting that Scottish Football season suspension has been extended until June 10th.

I take it that just includes the premiership and sky are implying that no other leagues exist in Scotland

But looks like there is still a big decision to be made , believe it could be pretty close , no matter what they decide not everyone will be happy 

F110C92D-EE8B-453A-9BC1-12FBBEA23602.jpeg

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Sky reporting that Scottish Football season suspension has been extended until June 10th.

I take it that just includes the premiership and sky are implying that no other leagues exist in Scotland

Well no, that is all leagues since the vote to write off the rest of the divisions hasnt yet taken place. 

More daft ideas for ending the season (that I haven't seen anyone suggest yet). When conditions allow:

• Play the remaining games as fives over a period of a week or two. One game per day for each team. The smaller pitches/number of players needed/shorter duration should allow clubs to play a game per day and just rotate out as they get tired. Ought to take two weeks to complete the season. Stream the games online and charge us for additional income. I'd watch five short Championship games a day at the moment. Starting to actually like this idea.
  • Get the fans to play out the remaining games as walking football . Each club gets to choose a squad for each game from the pool of season ticket holders, to prevent Lionel Messi suddenly discovering a lifelong love of Cove Rangers. Play a game per day, again, as pretty much everyone will have enough season ticket holders to put a side together, especially if auld Shug gets to celebrate his 77th birthday by keeping goal for his team.

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

More daft ideas for ending the season (that I haven't seen anyone suggest yet). When conditions allow:

• Play the remaining games as fives over a period of a week or two. One game per day for each team. The smaller pitches/number of players needed/shorter duration should allow clubs to play a game per day and just rotate out as they get tired. Ought to take two weeks to complete the season. Stream the games online and charge us for additional income. I'd watch five short Championship games a day at the moment. Starting to actually like this idea.
  • Get the fans to play out the remaining games as walking football . Each club gets to choose a squad for each game from the pool of season ticket holders, to prevent Lionel Messi suddenly discovering a lifelong love of Cove Rangers. Play a game per day, again, as pretty much everyone will have enough season ticket holders to put a side together, especially if auld Shug gets to celebrate his 77th birthday by keeping goal for his team.

I'm still kind of a fan of using PES to determine the real life results, but only if it goes full on "f**k it" mode - something like Pes 6 on ye olde PS2 with the Random Selection Mode used to determine real fixture results for each team, streamed at a cost.

Adriano doing a trademark "run towards goal and smash it in from 35 yards" to keep Thistle up? Players literally smashing controllers to pieces in a seething fit at getting hammered in a genuinely high stakes computer game? The sheer confusion over online gambling having to price odds for players like Didier Drogba, Rio Ferdinand and Ximelez as first goalscorer in a game that is, technically, between Ayr Utd and Dundee? Shut up and take my money.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm still kind of a fan of using PES to determine the real life results, but only if it goes full on "f**k it" mode - something like Pes 6 on ye olde PS2 with the Random Selection Mode used to determine real fixture results for each team, streamed at a cost.

Adriano doing a trademark "run towards goal and smash it in from 35 yards" to keep Thistle up? Players literally smashing controllers to pieces in a seething fit at getting hammered in a genuinely high stakes computer game? The sheer confusion over online gambling having to price odds for players like Didier Drogba, Rio Ferdinand and Ximelez as first goalscorer in a game that is, technically, between Ayr Utd and Dundee? Shut up and take my money.

It's a terrible idea, but one that's still better than what the SPFL are trying to implement, or just declaring the season null and void.

It would be bitterly unfair and would provide cranial explosions all over the place, so I'm all for it. The only downside might be that the end of regular seasons might become dull by comparison.

19 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

As long as Dundee sign Babangida I’m in. 

Berra at the back and Babangida on the wing, we’ll pish it 👍

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

I'd certainly say it's more unfair to relegate a team with only 75% of their season complete than it is to promote a team.

Relegation to League 1 could be the difference between full time and part time football. Don't think that is as applicable anywhere else in the league system in Scotland.

If Partick weren't objectively worse than two part time teams then they wouldn't be bottom of the league and their status wouldn't be under threat. Perhaps that change of status would be just the ticket for them instead of focusing on stupid media stunts, appointing dud managers and signing a parade of disinterested mercenaries as they do right now.

In any case, you seem to have mistaken the SPFL for the Samaritans or some other professional counselling organisation. It's not actually the job of the SPFL to protect certain member clubs who just don't fancy the prospect of playing at a lower level for a season: otherwise we'd still have dung like East Stirling and Berwick in the fourth tier. The purpose of the SPFL is to run and successfully conclude an annual national league competition: which seeing as we're dealing with professional teams rather than some screaming weans at a birthday party, means having both promotion and  relegation as part of its outcome. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, virginton said:

‘Bribery’ by whom and for what purpose? There is literally no agenda for change included in this proposal: it is solely about tying up the loose ends of this campaign because football is simply not coming back before July.

Calling the league based on points average is literally an agenda for change. Tying up loose ends would be nulling and voiding the season.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

The purpose of the SPFL is to run and successfully conclude an annual national league competition

Given that we've got about a quarter of the agreed season still unplayed, I'd say they've failed pretty comprehensively at discharging that purpose then.

I think this vote is totally un required at this moment in time.

With no football until at least the 10th of June, why not come up with a few possible options to vote on, as a contingency plan for what to do after the 10th of June.

It would give organising, planning etc.. a lot more time.

If clubs need money, give them the amount for the lowest position they would possibly get mathematically.

Doncaster is directly saying to 40 league clubs : relegate Partick Thistle and Stranraer and we’ll give you money. That’s bribery. And morally corrupt. I trust this “vote”is an open one, so that we learn which clubs have a backbone,and which are snivelling b*****ds. And should the vote goes the right way, we can look forward to Doncaster immediately resigning. His position would be untenable.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

With no football until at least the 10th of June, why not come up with a few possible options to vote on, as a contingency plan for what to do after the 10th of June.

Clearly hoping financial desperation will force clubs to just go with it and then be happy next season will just be the same structure or at best 14 teams all to preserve this desire for 4 OF games. Reality is that given the suspension now til June clubs should reject this vote and force defined agreement on future restructure as part of the pre-requisite on offer. The only 'fair' option is 4 up from each league as thats what the play-off system offers so any talk of league expansion excluding 2 play-off teams when prematurely ending the season is frankly showing apathy to lower leagues and all about Premiership protection.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think this vote is totally un required at this moment in time.

It would give organising, planning etc.. a lot more time.

If clubs need money, give them the amount for the lowest position they would possibly get mathematically.

No football until June 10 means that this season will never be finished. You still need another 11 match-days in the lower leagues after that, plus an actual summer break for the players, then pre-season. Oh and with most of the player contracts running out halfway during the remainder of this rump campaign: so much for the 'sporting integrity' argument then.

I'm really not sure what there is to talk about until then but I'm sure the chief executives of most clubs will be delighted to have all their planning for next season put on hold for another two months so that clubs continuing humming and hawing over a set of mutually exclusive proposals instead.