Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So how would the divisions be structured?

Mate, youre having a nightmare on this thread. I live 7000 miles away and even Ive read and heard about this.

Edited by srw

Just now, srw said:

Mate, your having a nightmare on this thread. I like 7000 miles away and even Ive read and heard about this.

There was a rejected one from 2012 that was spread about, if that's what you're hinting at?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So how would the divisions be structured?

14-10-10-10 for one season, with 3 automatic relegation spots from the top flight and a fourth built-in to the play-offs with 2nd-4th in the Championship and the leagues otherwise unchanged. A split after three rounds either 7-7 or 6-8.

If this puts too much of a strain fixture-wise on the top flight teams, re-organise the League Cup so they don’t have to do the group stages and let those in Europe join both domestic cup competitions slightly later in the competition.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not convinced, to me it feels like it's just tacked on to cover themselves if someone tries to battle the decision legally.

If they promote 2 sides, based on average points per game, do you think Dundee, who would be 3rd, will just accept ICT get promoted and they dont?

If they promote 4 sides, how do they sort out League Two?

If they had a vote on ramming a pink dildo up St Mirrens arse, and it got voted through, it would happen.

Its a members organisation, and the members voted to make things happen. People going on about legal challenges etc are speaking utter shite IMO. Dundee would have to accept it, it would be tough luck.

We would possibly have 3 leagues of 14 next season, reverting to normal after that, this has been spoke about for a few months. Or promote another 2 clubs, 14-10-10-10 but this is unlikely.

Edited by srw

19 minutes ago, srw said:

If they had a vote on ramming a pink dildo up St Mirrens arse, and it got voted through, it would happen.

Its a members organisation, and the members voted to make things happen. People going on about legal challenges etc are speaking utter shite IMO. Dundee would have to accept it, it would be tough luck.

We would possibly have 3 leagues of 14 next season, reverting to normal after that, this has been spoke about for a few months. Or promote another 2 clubs, 14-10-10-10 but this is unlikely.

Pretty much. The SPFL regulations have all sorts of clause built in where the Board can decide (including a vague implication they can define a 'season').  All clubs signed up to this and votes are cast to decide. Never understood the see you in court bit. 

They can settle the Premiership in whatever way they want to, thats not the issue.
They have added a pathetic get out clause to avoid relegating Hearts, after the vote, regardless of the possibility of the league being finished, they will talk about league reconstruction, which would mean a top league of 14 next season, Id bet my right fucking testicle that Hearts will not be relegated, and ICT will be promoted.
This is exactly what they are planning.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
39 minutes ago, srw said:
They can settle the Premiership in whatever way they want to, thats not the issue.

They have added a pathetic get out clause to avoid relegating Hearts, after the vote, regardless of the possibility of the league being finished, they will talk about league reconstruction, which would mean a top league of 14 next season, Id bet my right fucking testicle that Hearts will not be relegated, and ICT will be promoted.

This is exactly what they are planning.

Its been spoke about for weeks, its not even new news now.

I want sporting integrity, and not Rangers version of it, Hearts, St Mirren or Hamilton, or whoever finished bottom absolutely must be relegated, anything else is an absolute affront to the game. Id be of the same opinion if it were Dundee in that position.

16 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Meant to be flying out to Costa Rica on 29 June (flying to London on 26 June) - can't see it happening but I still had to pay up in full on Monday.

I'll get my money back if it doesn't go ahead - including all my costs on UK as I included the UK part of my holiday on thd insurance - will contact suppliers first then the insurer if they dont play ball.

Certainly will not be taking up Tui's offer of an alternative holiday or a similar holiday later in the year.

Wise move.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

They could say "no thanks, I don't want to be furloughed". You can't force someone to participate.

Well the other option is losing their job.

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just look at how many teams have set up fundraising schemes. Hearts have asked everyone to take huge wage cuts.

Many clubs need income ASAP.

I can see they have set up fund raisers, but why? Is it not maybe an excuse that they are possibly using because they are skint anyway?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can only go based on what my boss has told me, but the furlough scheme isnt money for nothing.

Once this is over the government is expecting you to pay the money back.

Is your boss @Deefiant?

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

This is a fucking heap of shite to be honest and I’m disappointed we’ll be voting for it.

I think what fans need to remember is that Cameron states “ after reading the papers from SPFL” which likely means there really is no better option and the clubs certainly have a lot more information than us , do you think he would give up the chance of a play off place  if the option was there ? 

It's worth noting that we're still not entirely sure what the voting system is for this proposal because nothing has been officially announced from the SPFL.

Even if we take at face value the "75%" claims, what does that mean in practice? Is it an electoral college (using supermajorities), in which case it just needs a 75% vote in at least two of the three factions? Or does it require a 75% vote in all three factions? (What sort of system is that? @Ad Lib?).

1 minute ago, The Master said:

It's worth noting that we're still not entirely sure what the voting system is for this proposal because nothing has been officially announced from the SPFL.

Even if we take at face value the "75%" claims, what does that mean in practice? Is it an electoral college (using supermajorities), in which case it just needs a 75% vote in at least two of the three factions? Or does it require a 75% vote in all three factions? (What sort of system is that? @Ad Lib?).

Its been reported on various media sources, and on here what the vote required is.

1 minute ago, srw said:

Its been reported on various media sources, and on here what the vote required is.

Forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in what the media say when there's a 387-page thread in the Premiership forum dedicated to terrible journalism.

Are the people "reporting" it on here somehow in the know, or simply parroting what the "media sources" say?

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock in what the media say when there's a 387-page thread in the Premiership forum dedicated to terrible journalism.

Are the people "reporting" it on here somehow in the know, or simply parroting what the "media sources" say?

In that case, you need to read the SPFL rule book then.

Or just read whats being reported on it, its not a difficult read.

Guest Flash
14 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Pretty much. The SPFL regulations have all sorts of clause built in where the Board can decide (including a vague implication they can define a 'season').  All clubs signed up to this and votes are cast to decide. Never understood the see you in court bit. 

That’s the thing I don’t really understand. It looks like the Board could end the season without a vote, certainly in the lower divisions. And the Articles don’t allow clubs outside the Premiership to vote on the Premiership/Championship play-offs, yet they are doing. It looks like they have included everything in one resolution.

5 minutes ago, srw said:

In that case, you need to read the SPFL rule book then.

Or just read whats being reported on it, its not a difficult read.

Settle.

I asked a genuine question based on the lack of information in the original press release. If you'd pointed to the SPFL rules (it's in actually in the Articles of Association) originally, all would have been good.

As I said, the media in this country aren't exactly an authoritative source, so it's right to question where they get their information from.