Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No you don't, and absolutely no one is fooled that you do.

You just want to see Dundee United not win the league. 

Might still happen. There's more to come from these proposals and voted I'd imagine.

Dundee fans are taking this worse than Hearts fans. 

Bizarre. 

United probably do deserve to go up on balance.

But Hearts, Partick Thistle (Especially them) at this point don't deserve to be relegated on the basis that they are within a game or 2 of survival and in Partick Thistle's case, the league isn't even 75% done for them.

There's not gonna be a way that pleases everyone, and if this vote goes through, we'll just have to accept it but I don't think this is even close to being the fairest of a shite bunch of options IMO. It's scandalous for the likes of Partick Thistle and a kick in the teeth when they feel that the top flight can wait an extra period of time.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Part of my logic would be the fact that you drop from 5th to 6th due to PPG deciding final league positions, decreasing the money and perhaps encouraging the club to wait it out a wee bit longer. Personally think it's a longshot this vote doesn't pass (feckin' shite and all that), but the Pars would possibly be on the 'no' spectrum with play-offs and less money through how they're deciding it.

In all honesty, I see this entirely differently, I'd be quite surprised if it passes. I think there will quite easily be vetoes in 2/3 leagues and possibly all of them, the carrot being waved of releasing funds will be sorted one way or another without going through this mechanism (just as Rangers have implied).

This happened in 2012 with Rangers readmission to the league system then the 2013 talks on reconstruction. The board come up with a proposal which is touted publicly as being the 'only' path possible and then a few owners go apeshit and then the clubs end up drafting something different. I think this is just the starting pistol to try and force something to happen.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans are taking this worse than Hearts fans. 

Bizarre. 

I get it. It's rivalry. They'd enjoy seeing their rivals getting screwed over. I'm sure others would have a chuckle if United, having chucked mental cash at it, are stuck in the Championship for a fourth season. I'd certainly have a wee laugh if that happened.

Why pretend it's about fairness though? There's no need to. Absolutely no one believes it anyway.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

In all honesty, I see this entirely differently, I'd be quite surprised if it passes. I think there will quite easily be vetoes in 2/3 leagues and possibly all of them

If the reported figures are right, you need 4 top flight, 3 Championship, and 6 bottom two tier sides to vote against it.

No chance it fails in the top flight or bottom two tiers to that degree.

It's all about the Championship. Partick will vote against it.

Dundee fans are assuming theyll vote against it. 

Most will want clarity and prize money now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

If the reported figures are right, you need 4 top flight, 3 Championship, and more 6 bottom two tier sides to vote against it.

Quite simply not true.

If the reported figures are right, you need 4 top flight, 3 Championship, and 6 bottom two tier sides to vote against it.

Raith's chairman disagrees with you:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/1253905/raith-rovers-bill-clark-spfl-vote/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just now, srw said:

Quite simply not true.

75% of Premiership need to vote for it to pass - 9, so 4 need to vote against it to fail

75% of Championship need to vote for it to pass - 7.5, so 3 need to vote against it to fail

75% of League One/Two need to vote for it to pass - 15, so 6 need to vote against it to fail

What have I got wrong?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

75% of Premiership need to vote for it to pass - 9, so 4 need to vote against it to fail

75% of Championship need to vote for it to pass - 7.5, so 3 need to vote against it to fail

75% of League One/Two need to vote for it to pass - 15, so 6 need to vote against it to fail

What have I got wrong?

Ah, so now you've settled on the voting system being used?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

What have I got wrong?

If you read your first post again, you may see your error.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Ah, so now you've settled on the voting system being used?

No? 

I made it clear that's based on the reported voting system, not what we know for certain is happening...

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I get it. It's rivalry. They'd enjoy seeing their rivals getting screwed over. I'm sure others would have a chuckle if United, having chucked mental cash at it, are stuck in the Championship for a fourth season. I'd certainly have a wee laugh if that happened.

Why pretend it's about fairness though? There's no need to. Absolutely no one believes it anyway.

The intriguing twist is that they've been willing to write off their own play-off chances this season and any chance of a title challenge next season as well - at massive cost to their own club - in shrieking for the campaign to be null and voided from pretty much the start of the thread. As someone who considers small-time pettiness to be one of the best features of Scottish football I'm quite impressed by that tbh.

Edited by vikingTON