Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

23 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The money doesn't magically vanish if it isn't voted for. As much as people like throwing shit at the board, the clubs are the members with the power, as was evidenced during the Rangers debacle.

Think basically as soon as the season ends you get the payout. If it's not voted for you won't get the instant payout

Just now, CALDERON said:

There is no evidence at all to say playing football will be possible by June. 

There's no evidence to say that it won't.

What I would say, is that if you read the news throughout Europe, then various countries are looking at lifting lockdowns and easing restrictions over the next few weeks. This was unheard of only two weeks ago.

You also have to take into account the Economic pressures and the lobbying which is going on from the business community to see that things will be returning to normal as soon as is humanly possible.

TUI have also announced today that their flights and Holidays will recommence on June 17th.

I'm not saying it's the best outcome from a health and welfare perspective, but if you look, then the "evidence" is indeed there.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope we vote against this. I'd have been disappointed but accepting of this if we all done it together. But this shambles is like the old days of SFL and SPL.

We'll do it then be shafted by the top flight in order to protect Hearts. Shambles.

This is not what the proposal is. The proposal is that the lower leagues are declared finished immediately, while the top flight attempts to continue to finish the season, but that the same rules will apply if they can't.

Edited by craigkillie

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what happens if we all accept it then the top flight doesn't?

Nonsensical to be allowing the top flight to wait and see whilst we vote now. We'd all be better off waiting for the top flight and doing it together.

It doesn't matter surely? By which I mean if the 3 leagues under the Premiership vote then then those votes stand regardless of what the top flight clubs decide either way. 

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The season has to be completed or it's just not fair on anyone. 

Personally I can see us returning by June / July and then it's just a case of playing 2 matches per week until season is finished. From what I believe Uefa are looking at extending players contracts to cover the season rather than set dates and at our level the Govt scheme should cover the majority of players wages in the meantime.

It's not ideal, but there's no solution that is.

Playing the remaining games with potentially vastly different squads isn't fair either. There's no fair answer.

Why do you change usernames when you return? And why did you previously deny you were the same poster? 

The same poster was never banned . and the same poster is no longer on here . the same poster was always a member but the same poster is now furlough

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

Just now, craigkillie said:

This is not what the proposal is. The proposal is that the lower leagues are declared finished immediately, while the top flight attempts to continue to finish the season, but that the same rules will apply if they can't.

So, you're telling me the likes of Celtic, Rangers & Hearts won't be able to comment if the league is unable to continue and just have to accept what the lower leagues have voted for?

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What I would say, is that if you read the news throughout Europe, then various countries are looking at lifting lockdowns and easing restrictions over the next few weeks. This was unheard of only two weeks ago.

You also have to take into account the Economic pressures and the lobbying which is going on from the business community to see that things will be returning to normal as soon as is humanly possible.

TUI have also announced today that their flights and Holidays will recommence on June 17th.

I'm not saying it's the best outcome from a health and welfare perspective, but if you look, then the "evidence" is indeed there.

Lifting lockdown restrictions will happen very gradually and even then, who knows how the virus will respond to that. 

Any return to normal life is a while away and will need to be done in a phased manner. Mass gatherings will be the very last thing to happen, and that's assuming everything else goes smoothly. 

At a time where you can't go and meet anyone from outwith your household, for the foreseeable future, playing football in 8 weeks feels impossible. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It doesn't matter surely? By which I mean if the 3 leagues under the Premiership vote then then those votes stand regardless of what the top flight clubs decide either way. 

Playing the remaining games with potentially vastly different squads isn't fair either. There's no fair answer.

I thought Uefa had quoted that players contracts would remain until "season end" as opposed to what was previously deemed the end of the season ?

Obviously you'd need universal agreement (that's where Uefa would come in) and surely players would prefer to stay contracted so as they would be paid as opposed to out of contract but nowhere to play ?

1. Use current league standing to determine European places for the SPL, that way clubs can register in the competitions in plenty of time.
2. Then finish the league no matter how long it takes.
3. Have a quick 2 game knockout play off in all leagues to determine promotion and relegation, this includes the shambolically lop sided SPL play off. (play offs' would be complete in 1 week)
4. 2 week break after play offs to rest players and let clubs sort contracts or just extend the transfer window for a period
5. For next season,  if necessary get rid of both League cup and Scottish cup replays and you can schedule more league midweek games if that was needed.
6. As a last resort, reduce the number of games next season or extend the league by a couple of weeks.
7. optional. Relegate Dunfermline straight to the League 2. (Mo'n the Bairns)

Points 1, 2 3 and 4 can be decided now.
Points 5 and 6 can be decided once the leagues know the duration of any further delay

sorted

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

League 1 is the SPFL. What do you think SPFL stands for?

Anyway, Dundee fans desperately clutching at straws here. Absolutely no one believes that would still feel the same way if Dundee United weren't top. It's an odd too as United were obviously going to win it before this situation anyway, so what difference does it make?

Is that a fact Mystic Meg? They were right in the middle of a monumental arse collapse (one win in nine games) when everything stopped.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I don't understand why they're planning to discuss about league reconstruction for next season which means the teams in each league who'll be told at the beginning of next week that there will be no play offs this season for them may end up in a couple of months moving up or down in a possible reconstruction.

They've contradicted themselves somewhat there.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I thought Uefa had quoted that players contracts would remain until "season end" as opposed to what was previously deemed the end of the season ?

Obviously you'd need universal agreement (that's where Uefa would come in) and surely players would prefer to stay contracted so as they would be paid as opposed to out of contract but nowhere to play ?

But you couldn't force players to do it. Other clubs could sign the players. Falkirk for example could potentially sign Raith's two best players. Dundee could weaken Inverness and Ayr potentially. And so on. 

1 minute ago, ChrispPancake said:

1. Use current league standing to determine European places for the SPL, that way clubs can register in the competitions in plenty of time.
2. Then finish the league no matter how long it takes.
3. Have a quick 2 game knockout play off in all leagues to determine promotion and relegation, this includes the shambolically lop sided SPL play off. (play offs' would be complete in 1 week)
4. 2 week break after play offs to rest players and let clubs sort contracts or just extend the transfer window for a period
5. For next season,  if necessary get rid of both League cup and Scottish cup replays and you can schedule more league midweek games if that was needed.
6. As a last resort, reduce the number of games next season or extend the league by a couple of weeks.
7. optional. Relegate Dunfermline straight to the League 2. (Mo'n the Bairns)

Points 1, 2 3 and 4 can be decided now.
Points 5 and 6 can be decided once the leagues know the duration of any further delay

sorted

SPL doesn't exist and hasn't existed for many years.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is that a fact Mystic Meg? They were right in the middle of a monumental arse collapse (one win in nine games) when everything stopped.

Are you seriously suggesting that they wouldn't have won it?!

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Any chance that before you carry on with your clownshoe attempts to understand this you could acquaint yourself with 

1. The proposal 

2. How the SPFL operates votes like this

f**k up.

Where are you seeing that about Tui? Sure it's not Jet2 - they've announced that they are planning to restart flights then.

All I'm seeing is the announcement about all holidays being cancelled up to and including 14 May, 31 May for Marella Cruises and 25 November for River Cruises.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Lifting lockdown restrictions will happen very gradually and even then, who knows how the virus will respond to that. 

Any return to normal life is a while away and will need to be done in a phased manner. Mass gatherings will be the very last thing to happen, and that's assuming everything else goes smoothly. 

At a time where you can't go and meet anyone from outwith your household, for the foreseeable future, playing football in 8 weeks feels impossible. 

Again, I'm probably seeing a different side of things as I'm still at work and pretty much business as usual, apart from the social distancing between us.

It all seems pretty surreal to me regarding the "lockdown" as I'm still walking around as normal, going on Trains and driving.

Much depends on what happens in Spain and Northern Italy over the next couple of weeks as we'll undoubtedly base our response on their actions and results.

The bottom line is we just don't know what will happen but if the outbreak looks like it's being brought under control then I can honestly see things returning to some sort of normality.

As for "large social gatherings", I don't believe either of us need to be worrying about that !!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility overturning 11 points (If they win their game in hand) against a club that's won 1 in 9 over a period of another 8 games, is it?

Not saying it would happen - But stranger things have.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But you couldn't force players to do it. Other clubs could sign the players. Falkirk for example could potentially sign Raith's two best players. Dundee could weaken Inverness and Ayr potentially. And so on. 

SPL doesn't exist and hasn't existed for many years.

That's where UEFA would be stepping in and ensure players couldn't move until the season had completed.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You seem very angry and upset. 

Keep it up as your usual inevitable climbdown and snivelling apology is a worse look IMVHO 

Didn't have you down as one trying to copy a Dundee fans patter tbh.

ETA: It seems you did f**k up though and actually delete your post.

Edited by Ludo*1