Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:

Right Guys been banging ma head of the headboard all weekend trying to work a plan out and this is it  

1 Move to summer football April to Nov

2 Four Leagues of 14

3 All Premier team stay as is And add Dundee Utd And Inverness

4 All teams sitting in first and 2nd move up a League

5 Play each other twice home and away

6 have two cups Scottish cup and Betfred cup all in draw from round one

Would be working out approx 40/44 games per season

If your club were in Europe it could be as much as 55/60 games far too much in this day in football

So the long and the short is Summer football . And revamp The Four divisions

Let's go for it Now

Or maybe am just talking pish as normal

Sent from my Stolen Samsung s20

Thinking isn't your strong point, is it?

I'm still struggling to see what the major issue is with playing out the season to an end whenever the restrictions are lifted? If it goes into another "year", what does it matter? We can have a shortened next season, or even miss out a season altogether if things go on even longer. It's so much better than either essentially voiding 9 months work (July - March), causing legal arguments with promotion/relegation/play-off/Euro qualification spots or picking some arbitrary cut-off point to look at a league table that never existed (teams having played their halfway or two-thirds game at different times). I wouldn't care less if we got promoted via the playoffs in the 2019/20 season or the 2019/20/21 season, it's the fact that every team had the opportunity to play all their games that they expected at the start of the season that is the important thing IMHO.

The appetite for watching any football at all, (yes, even another tedious 1-1 draw with ICT) will mean, I'm sure, that whenever we return to league business, there will increased attendances and a greater appetite for the game across all levels, please don't arse it up by having stupid arguments about voided titles, promotions that weren't justified or non-existent play-offs. Just get back to the football and be thankful.....

I'm still struggling to see what the major issue is with playing out the season to an end whenever the restrictions are lifted? If it goes into another "year", what does it matter? We can have a shortened next season, or even miss out a season altogether if things go on even longer. It's so much better than either essentially voiding 9 months work (July - March), causing legal arguments with promotion/relegation/play-off/Euro qualification spots or picking some arbitrary cut-off point to look at a league table that never existed (teams having played their halfway or two-thirds game at different times). I wouldn't care less if we got promoted via the playoffs in the 2019/20 season or the 2019/20/21 season, it's the fact that every team had the opportunity to play all their games that they expected at the start of the season that is the important thing IMHO.

The appetite for watching any football at all, (yes, even another tedious 1-1 draw with ICT) will mean, I'm sure, that whenever we return to league business, there will increased attendances and a greater appetite for the game across all levels, please don't arse it up by having stupid arguments about voided titles, promotions that weren't justified or non-existent play-offs. Just get back to the football and be thankful.....

Major issues so many . Players contracts for 1 most players are up 31st may

3 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Fair enough, player contracts are usually up at a set date, however, special circumstances are in operation here and most players will be delighted to have the chance to continue playing once football comes back. Not sure many will want to be furloughed for a second longer than necessary. A suspension of the transfer window until each team has finished their season will give clubs and players the chance to extend their contracts if needed and re-draw ones for other players with deals until next year if needed. Not an ideal solution, but much better than going down the other routes mentioned above.

Fair enough, player contracts are usually up at a set date, however, special circumstances are in operation here and most players will be delighted to have the chance to continue playing once football comes back. Not sure many will want to be furloughed for a second longer than necessary. A suspension of the transfer window until each team has finished their season will give clubs and players the chance to extend their contracts if needed and re-draw ones for other players with deals until next year if needed. Not an ideal solution, but much better than going down the other routes mentioned above.

So many issues bud its a minefield .I don't think any football will be played before sept time . Hearts have told all there players if they don't agree to 50% wage cut they can have their contracts cancelled . but wait a minute you need players to see the season out if thats the decision .

Fifa going to give "an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish" according to The Athletic.
Not that it was ever likely to be completely voided but I think this reduces the chance even more.
Summer transfer window dates to change, as well as the rules on contract extensions for those whose contract expires on June 30th. Statement from FIFA in next 48hrs apparently.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

Fifa going to give "an indefinite extension to the 2019-20 season across the globe, allowing each country’s football authority to determine when campaigns can finish" according to The Athletic.
Not that it was ever likely to be completely voided but I think this reduces the chance even more.
Summer transfer window dates to change, as well as the rules on contract extensions for those whose contract expires on June 30th. Statement from FIFA in next 48hrs apparently.

This makes completing the season as is, no matter how long it takes, much more likely IMHO (and a good job too!).

On a kind of related note, as loan players furloughed by their parent club or the club they are on loan at??

Edited by Spikethedee

If the decision has to be to complete games behind closed doors can the smaller clubs look to charge people to watch online so they don't miss out on gate revenue ?

It’s a possible solution, I expect, with the relaxation on the rules regarding 3pm broadcasts. The problems probably lie with leagues who have TV deals and whether or not they would be able to show live games. There’s also the issues regarding the technical equipment to broadcast live, as well as the fact that even closed doors games would require some sort of emergency service presence, which may not be feasible for some time yet.

This makes completing the season as is, no matter how long it takes, much more likely IMHO (and a good job too!).

On a kind of related note, as loan players furloughed by their parent club of the club they are on loan at??

I suspect things like that may come down to the individual players loan conditions. Don't most teams have the ability to recall a player from a loan whenever they want and then they can just do what they want?

38 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

If the decision has to be to complete games behind closed doors can the smaller clubs look to charge people to watch online so they don't miss out on gate revenue ?

Yes, this seems like the best way to go. As long as they can get the systems working (and it's never been easier), I think folk would be desperate to watch whatever they can get their hands on at this point. There is clearly going to come a point where the "lockdown" is relaxed, but large gatherings are still forbidden and this seems like the obvious solution at that point.

4 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Right Guys been banging ma head of the headboard all weekend trying to work a plan out and this is it  

1 Move to summer football April to Nov

2 Four Leagues of 14

3 All Premier team stay as is And add Dundee Utd And Inverness

4 All teams sitting in first and 2nd move up a League

5 Play each other twice home and away

6 have two cups Scottish cup and Betfred cup all in draw from round one

Would be working out approx 40/44 games per season

If your club were in Europe it could be as much as 55/60 games far too much in this day in football

So the long and the short is Summer football . And revamp The Four divisions

Let's go for it Now

Or maybe am just talking pish as normal

Any chance a mod can fire this thick, tedious c**t directly into the fucking sun?

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, this seems like the best way to go. As long as they can get the systems working (and it's never been easier), I think folk would be desperate to watch whatever they can get their hands on at this point. There is clearly going to come a point where the "lockdown" is relaxed, but large gatherings are still forbidden and this seems like the obvious solution at that point.

its not that complicated to do and I am sure the league could help clubs who don't have the set up yet. When we installed it at Saints the biggest issue was the internet speed in the stadium but BT assisted with this and now its possible. This could be the biggest stumbling block to some of the lower league teams. No point in selling a game to then have the subscribers take down the broadcast just as the teams come out.

I am part of our volunteer media team and closed doors games were discussed (By the club and league) but without an income via the gate this is  something Saints certainly were not keen on . 

I also film services which we stream from my Church and when we installed the system (fixed cameras with variable shot, a mixing desk and upgrade of the sound system) people wondered why and questioned the cost. The aim was to be live in some care homes , not big numbers but better than watching on a delay on a DVD.  Now during this period we are broadcasting to around double the normal church attendance "live" on a Sunday morning an then have around the same figure watching again through the week.  I could therefore see clubs who can offer this service seeing it well used if the elderly members of the church have got to grips with this is a matter of weeks.

The biggest issue would be fans doing as the PSG fans did in the champions league and do all players , officials and those working the media need to test before they play. 

Surprised weetoonlad hasn't suggested that we ignore the lockdown, change the name of the league and carry on regardless. Seems to have worked for him despite being banned from this forum previously. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Any chance a mod can fire this thick, tedious c**t directly into the fucking sun?

Cheers. 

Doubt that'll happen but try this--ignore his longer posts, and if you read his short ones do it in the style of Yoda from "Star Wars". Try it on this one:

4 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Works for me! 👍

4 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

And what are you doing about clubs who cant afford to carry on employing those players beyond the end of their current contract?

People who blithely claim we just finish it whenever have no idea how contracts, employment law, budgeting etc actually work. Could it be done? Yes, there are ways, but it will take a lot of negotiation to make it work and its likely the players union, which has bizarrely been advising their members against accepting furlough, would take legal action to prevent the right to move in the summer being closed.

In practice its not really practical and thats before we discuss the fact it would be much more costly in terms of the new tv deal to curtail the next playing season in Scotland than the current one. 

EDIT - but if FIFA are suggesting otherwise its gojng to be interesting to see how they do it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter