Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Never seen someone so brazenly just make stuff up so much.

It's not healthy. 

It'd be vaguely understandable if it was some sort of trolling, but it's just blatant nonsense.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Never seen someone so brazenly just make stuff up so much.

It's not healthy. 

It'd be vaguely understandable if it was some sort of trolling, but it's just blatant nonsense.

Have you forgotten about RandomGuy?

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

So it seems pretty certain now that SPFL are going to announce Celtic champions and relegate Hearts, can only presume for the Championship it'll mean top goes up and bottom goes down. Fairest way IMO.

Are you not motivated by being desperate to see Thistle go down that’s why you are saying fairest way?  We have a game in hand, do hearts not have several? Not sure about league one as well.  Do Falkirk not have a game in hand and could technically be top?

though at end of day I realise that it’s pretty inconsequential compared to what the country is having to deal with in regards to the horrors of this virus and the tragic loss of loved ones

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

The Telegraph article posted earlier, where does it mention no promotion or relegation?

Aye I must say I've seen precisely zero substantive evidence the SPFL are even thinking of taking the 'null and void' option or denying promotion and relegation. I do hope we and the other teams in play-off positions receive some form of compensation for not being able to attempt a play-off push, though that is more of a hope than anything else. I'm just happy we're looking to be financially stable coming out of this, something not every club can confidently claim at this moment in time.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Null and void was never an option at any stage - literally every single person involved with the game has been clear about that from day one.

Correct, it was just the many Dee fans creaming themselves hoping United weren’t going to be promoted.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Best of luck to your club during this time of financial haemorrhaging, my good man, as I sit comfortable with the knowledge we'll be fine.

Yeah, over the last few decades you were a model club.

8 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Thank f**k you showed up, this conversation was missing the pointless contributions of a moron since weetoonlad stopped posting for a bit.

10 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Over the last decade your club had lost £7m, then claimed itself to be debt free, and - in the last two years alone - lost the best part of £6m again. 

Lets not get into a cock waving competition, it's cold outside. 

Just out of interest how much would you pay to watch your team live in a closed door environment. Surely for certain teams it will be worth the outlay to televise the matches. With some covid tests returning the results within 90 mins we could make sure all players arrive early for a pre match test to ensure safety for players.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Over the last decade your club had lost £7m, then claimed itself to be debt free, and - in the last two years alone - lost the best part of £6m again. 

Lets not get into a cock waving competition, it's cold outside. 

What was it again? 6p in the pound.

Null and void has been covered by just about everyone on here.

From a money standpoint, to lose both the Edinburgh derby and Dundee derby would be bad for the SFA and the broadcasters too.

That alone is a huge reason to void it because cash is king.

From an outrage standpoint, Hearts being a larger club than United, relegation would probably raise more issues for the powers that be than United not being promoted.

Fairly straight forward imo.

Edited by Crawford

For what it’s worth in this time of social disarray generated by this virus, if I was the chief Blazer, I’d make no decision or suggest no solution until there is a high probability of a game being played.

The reality is that EUFA can pontificate on any solution and all that implies until the vaches go to the maison; the EFL can say that their season will be completed to save £763million from the broadcasters- which is understandable, but bereft of any probable date;and in Scotland we can speculate on what will happen until oor coos return to the hoose, but it’s all brainstorming speculation. Nobody can decide until we have a potential of understanding when a game could be played. Some suggest games to be played without crowds, yet that still implies no social distancing for players and staff - seems presumptuous that games could be played in such circumstances if there is no general immunity or the virus has disappeared.

The decision of restarting the season, if ever; the potential awarding of titles/and relegation; declaring the season void and basically all qualifying places are those valid at the end of season 2018/19–good news for Bury FC, cannot therefore in my view be evaluated until the probability of playing exists. So Blazers, hold fire, and declare all options are available.

But it’s a big bore. A million times worse than the close season given the risk to life.

Cheers

Unless it is with the same squads, and that would surely be hard to enforce, resuming the season in a few months if just as unfair as other options. You could have Hearts chucking cash at some players to make big signings to save them from relegation, and/or could sign up their relegation rival's best couple of players. Likewise Partick Thistle. Falkirk could potentially sign Raith's best two players. Dundee United could buy Kevin  Nisbet (quieten down Dundee fans!) and knacker our faltering playoff push (although we're doing a good enough job of that already, and we'd probably be fighting to avoid the other playoffs if he left). And so on and so on.

Clubs have got to where they are on the basis of their current squads, and teams have prepared for playing each other on that basis too.

Can you make players who are out of contract next month sign an extension?