Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

BBC Sport site today reporting that, according to the clubs, voiding this season is "not on the agenda" at their latest meeting.

Voided season it is, then...

I am 100% confident the 19/20 season will be Nil and Void my contacts tell me . All divisions will start where they started last Aug simple am 100% sure this will the way it will be . feel sorry for teams like Cove Dundee Utd and Celtic but your never going to keep every team happy

Sent from my Samsung s20 gold

Guest Flash
53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I understand it they are asking employers to rehire people who left since Feb to go self employed or take career breaks etc. To save people dropping through the cracks as far as possible. They dont have to have been laid off. I dont see any difficulty at all in making a retrospective claim that footballers were in furlough from the day the SFA decreed all football activity cease regardless of when they got a letter saying so. Although they do need to be sent an actual letter stating the date.

The guidance only says it covers people who were rehired after being made redundant (under employees you can claim for). But maybe they are more relaxed in reality. But rehires look like they are the only cases where a claim can be made in respect of a date earlier than the date they were officially furloughed, which would be when the employees agreed to it. I don’t think it is clear that claims can be backdated to when a business couldn’t operate, for example, if the company didn’t lay off or furlough employees.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme#contents

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

No surprise that Uefa fails to understand the gravity of what is going on across Europe.

Their actions of postponing their flagship men's and women's international tournaments for a year (at substantial cost), postponing their flagship club competition indefinitely (again at substantial cost), postponing and cancelling several youth competitions and taking the unprecedented step of extending league seasons by up to 3 months across Europe suggest they are taking this pretty seriously.

21 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

I am 100% confident the 19/20 season will be Nil and Void my contacts tell me . All divisions will start where they started last Aug simple am 100% sure this will the way it will be . feel sorry for teams like Cove Dundee Utd and Celtic but your never going to keep every team happy

What does 'nil and void' mean?

Also people stopped believing your fantasy pish about contacts/sources long ago, if they even believed it in the first place.

Robbie Neilson should follow in the steps of the laudable Michael Kennedy, manager of top-of-the-league Darvel Juniors, who are in the same boat (albeit at a different level), and definitely don't have other issues to consider including the shifting of Junior sides to the pyramid. This is bigger than one measly wee promotion.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/coronavirus-scotland-manager-calls-season-21806002

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Robbie Neilson should follow in the steps of the laudable Michael Kennedy, manager of top-of-the-league Darvel Juniors, who are in the same boat (albeit at a different level), and definitely don't have other issues to consider including the shifting of Junior sides to the pyramid. This is bigger than one measly wee promotion.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/coronavirus-scotland-manager-calls-season-21806002

You did read the article did you? The reason is because Of the fact everyone going into the new pyramid league.

What does 'nil and void' mean?

Also people stopped believing your fantasy pish about contacts/sources long ago, if they even believed it in the first place.

Nil and void means it's a void season start again as per your placing at start of season .listen guys there are teams going to be unhappy teams going to be happy . clubs taking spfl/ Sfa to court its only football the world has and will lose 50.000 life's . let's get real

Sent from my Samsung s20 gold]

18 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Nil and void means it's a void season start again as per your placing at start of season .listen guys there are teams going to be unhappy teams going to be happy . clubs taking spfl/ Sfa to court its only football the world has and will lose 50.000 life's . let's get real

Sent from my Samsung s20 gold]

No, that's null and void.

What does nil and void mean?

Also 50 life's what?

3 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Know it's shite when the old "my contacts tell me" shite comes out

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-23/

Dundee pretty much saying we do have insurance for this so we're covered. We will be using the furlough scheme in certain scenarios but all members of staff will get full pay regardless of what happens. We are about to launch our new strip, John Bennett has suspended rent payments on Dens and they will be refunding season ticket holders for games missed once this is all sorted.

On 02/04/2020 at 12:47, DA Baracus said:

No, because it isn't in the rules.

Surprised Dundee haven't done it yet, as their huge losses also show that they are vastly overpaying and outspending as well.

Huge losses covered and insurance policies covering pandemics as well . Mr Keyes and Mr Nelms no what they are doing. 

On 02/04/2020 at 13:18, Skyline Drifter said:

Seriously? I would be astonished if that is the case. Pretty much nobody else appears to have cover for a global pandemic, force majeure scenario. Even if they do I would expect it only to cover what other sources dont ie the extra 20%. 

So Dundee FC do have insurance against a pandemic, time to be astounded. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-23/

Dundee pretty much saying we do have insurance for this so we're covered. We will be using the furlough scheme in certain scenarios but all members of staff will get full pay regardless of what happens. We are about to launch our new strip, John Bennett has suspended rent payments on Dens and they will be refunding season ticket holders for games missed once this is all sorted.

Its saying you have business interuption insurance including disease cover so fair play on that. Not many businesses of any kind will have that. 

However its also pretty clear that most of your staff, and presumably all of your players ARE being furloughed. Dundee will be covering the difference and paying in full though.

The insurance will allow for that and for the ticket refunds. Well done Dundee.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair play to Bennett for this. Could've been a right p***k about it but shows some real class.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed, fair play. Though as I said at the time, it clearly isnt stopping Dundee furloughing staff, just covering the difference.

Looks like us season ticket holders are getting reimbursed for the games not happening this season. Does my club know something that isn’t getting announced? Null and void. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play to Bennett for this. Could've been a right p***k about it but shows some real class.

Business interruption insurance covers loss of profits, not loss of income. If, as seems likely Dundee are making losses, then they are destined to have their claim binned.

2 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Business interruption insurance covers loss of profits, not loss of income. If, as seems likely Dundee are making losses, then they are destined to have their claim binned.

'Business interruption insurance covers you for loss of income during periods when you cannot carry out business as usual due to an unexpected event.'

Don't talk shite.

Link: https://www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/choosing-the-right-insurance/business-insurance/business-interruption-insurance/