Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Even if it remains in place widespread flouting will kick in very quickly. Right now some people are thinking f**k it I’ll go see my pals.  Try and uphold much beyond the initial announced lockdown period and pubs will operate even if just to regulars and who they vouch for.    Normal behaviour will come in for far to high of a % that stopping football will have little effect.

That’s because some people have an incredibly low IQ.

it works for now and the longer it works the better but as said people are eventually going to think f**k it. Unless your a city centre bar the chances of being caught if you apply any common sense are next to 0.
stay home only works temporarily, and is why the government have been careful with timing.  Try and push it too long and wide spread disobedience will occur.  And those that are out going round all their pals and generally ignoring any social distancing when on their ‘entitled’ exercise or shopping will be delighted  to go to the pub or any other event.  Stay home goes in the same category as don’t take drugs, don’t speed etc, yeah we know we shouldn’t, but we also know that it’s ignored by a large % and that your probability of getting caught is very low and the punishments for first offenders are not significant.

Do you think it is because they won’t get caught or because they think they won’t catch it ? And if they do it won’t be severe. Sadly, more younger people are catching it and dying.
STAY HOME
PROTECT THE NHS
SAVE LIVES
(maybe even your own)

43 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Even if it remains in place widespread flouting will kick in very quickly. Right now some people are thinking f**k it I’ll go see my pals.  Try and uphold much beyond the initial announced lockdown period and pubs will operate even if just to regulars and who they vouch for.    Normal behaviour will come in for far to high of a % that stopping football will have little effect.

There's no accounting for idiots. Most people will see the bigger picture and behave themselves.

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

it works for now and the longer it works the better but as said people are eventually going to think f**k it. Unless your a city centre bar the chances of being caught if you apply any common sense are next to 0.

stay home only works temporarily, and is why the government have been careful with timing.  Try and push it too long and wide spread disobedience will occur.  And those that are out going round all their pals and generally ignoring any social distancing when on their ‘entitled’ exercise or shopping will be delighted  to go to the pub or any other event.  Stay home goes in the same category as don’t take drugs, don’t speed etc, yeah we know we shouldn’t, but we also know that it’s ignored by a large % and that your probability of getting caught is very low and the punishments for first offenders are not significant.

It's nothing like taking drugs and only similar to speeding in that your stupidity can kill other people.

8 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you think it is because they won’t get caught or because they think they won’t catch it ? And if they do it won’t be severe. Sadly, more younger people are catching it and dying.
STAY HOME
PROTECT THE NHS
SAVE LIVES
(maybe even your own)

A bit of both.  

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's nothing like taking drugs and only similar to speeding in that your stupidity can kill other people.

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

There's no accounting for idiots. Most people will see the bigger picture and behave themselves.

Speeding especially can kill others, doesn’t mean it’s not roundly flouted.

you are also making a big mistake by thinking the idiots aren’t in the majority, they absolutely are.   Unless you have been paying 0 attention to pop culture or politics.

Mrs Brown Boy’s, xfactor, see how popular they are and expect the millions of viewers they get to suddenly triple their IQ? 

36 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Literally any evidence that a pub is open and the Police will shut it down.

Only a clown would think otherwise.

47 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'd say it would be closer to 100%. The types of idiots who would actually go are the same types of idiots who would be sharing videos of it and checking in on Facebook etc. There would be loads of evidence.

Plus how would bars get stock? 

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A bit of both.  

Speeding especially can kill others, doesn’t mean it’s not roundly flouted.

you are also making a big mistake by thinking the idiots aren’t in the majority, they absolutely are.   Unless you have been paying 0 attention to pop culture or politics.

Mrs Brown Boy’s, xfactor, see how popular they are and expect the millions of viewers they get to suddenly triple their IQ? 

I don't think folk with dreary viewing habits are the danger here. Smart arse little c***s who think the rules don't apply to them are the problem. Most folk aren't smart arse little c***s, irrespective of your own experience.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I can’t see it taking to Sept to get fitba back again. That’s 5 full months away. Experts are expecting the “peak” to be in the next week or so. Fs Wuhan is practically back to normal after 3 months of social distancing/lockdown

I guarantee you the SFA are working on a basis of no football before September. Wuhan was contained far better and locked down quicker than we were. Mainly because attitudes like this:

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

3 months is impractical. Folk are going crazy as it is and it’s only been just over  a week. I can’t imagine families/partners that don’t live together etc, sticking to social distancing measures for 3 months

were not tolerated there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Are folk really going mental over a week indoors? I'm not seeing that across any media. What I'm seeing is most folk sticking to the guidance, albeit with some dafties determined to do otherwise.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Latest SPFL talks due tomorrow postponed until Wednesday.

Says 86 players on furlough, which seems low.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52143881

There will be a lot more than 86 furloughed, its just that on Friday the SPFL notified clubs that for players to be formally furloughed in football registrations they had to issue contract variations and get them signed or agreed by email. Which is a complete pain in the arse to organise and seemingly unnecessary in any other employment. There will be a delay in getting those drafted, sent out and returned from all players.

I would be surprised if there are many players outside the top division not furloughed to be honest. 

Players also have the option to reject being furloughed of course, as any other employee does, in which case clubs will need to decide their next move. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd say it would be closer to 100%. The types of idiots who would actually go are the same types of idiots who would be sharing videos of it and checking in on Facebook etc. There would be loads of evidence.

They'd go straight to the brewery under cover of darkness and chap the back door three times!

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Half of the prestige, top shelf bottle range in The Norseman Bar at Cappielow was produced by companies that have done a full Rangers since delivery; and it’s still ‘introducing’ Fosters’ lager as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, virginton said:

Half of the prestige, top shelf bottle range in The Norseman Bar at Cappielow was produced by companies that have done a full Rangers since delivery; and it’s still ‘introducing’ Fosters’ lager as well.

Do they still do pies as well?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are folk really going mental over a week indoors? I'm not seeing that across any media. What I'm seeing is most folk sticking to the guidance, albeit with some dafties determined to do otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There will be a lot more than 86 furloughed, its just that on Friday the SFA notified clubs that for players to be formally furloughed in football registrations they had to issue contract variations and get them signed or agreed by email. Which is a complete pain in the arse to organise and seemingly unnecessary in any other employment. There will be a delay in getting those drafted, sent out and returned from all players.

I would be surprised if there are many players outside the top division not furloughed to be honest. 

Players also have the option to reject being furloughed of course, as any other employee does, in which case clubs will need to decide their next move. 

It seems the press have just taken the clubs to publicly announce and added up the players. 

As far as I understand there’s nothing stopping furlongimg and topping up wages to 100%. If so it makes zero sense to not do it unless you have players who are earning way beyond 2.5k a month.

39 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Literally any evidence that a pub is open and the Police will shut it down.

Only a clown would think otherwise.

The odds on police shutting down village pubs when the punters know to stay sush are low. Lock ins and serving underagers have been going on for forever under nudge nudge wink wink arrangements with police knowledge, unless regulations for covid are significantly more severe than this then the same sort of arrangements will take place.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Bars can quite easily run a bottle bar(or even at an extreme BYOB)

But you do make a point of people outing it over social media, I would be far more concerned about stopping that than a very very  small chance of police stopping by.

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't think folk with dreary viewing habits are the danger here. Smart arse little c***s who think the rules don't apply to them are the problem. Most folk aren't smart arse little c***s, irrespective of your own experience.

A huge percentage of the country are either deliberately ignorant(or as you put smart arse  c***s) or too stupid to see the problem , you have been paying absolutely no attention if you can’t see that irrespective  of your own experience.

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It seems the press have just taken the clubs to publicly announce and added up the players. 

As far as I understand there’s nothing stopping furlongimg and topping up wages to 100%. If so it makes zero sense to not do it unless you have players who are earning way beyond 2.5k a month.

The odds on police shutting down village pubs when the punters know to stay sush are low. Lock ins and serving underagers have been going on for forever under nudge nudge wink wink arrangements with police knowledge, unless regulations for covid are significantly more severe than this then the same sort of arrangements will take place.

But you do make a point of people outing it over social media, I would be far more concerned about stopping that than a very very  small chance of police stopping by.

A huge percentage of the country are either deliberately ignorant(or as you put smart arse  c***s) or too stupid to see the problem , you have been paying absolutely no attention if you can’t see that irrespective  of your own experience.

Please stop

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This is different though. Far less folk will turn a blind eye to that sort of thing now. And as I said, dafties can't help attention seeking on social media and that stuff spreads fast.

In addition they'll have to find folk willing to staff the bar. One refusal is one person who can report them or tell a pal and start a chain of them telling their pals. Just takes one to report it or put it online. Same with anyone who does take a shift. All it takes is a pal or relative to know and it will get out. How about a mate inviting another mate, but that mate can't tell anyone else, but makes an exception, who makes an exception and so on. Or someone just simply asks anyone involved where they are going, or later, where have they been. 

Absolutely no chance every single person keeps quiet about it.

Also if a bar just does bottles, presumably they can't get them from the usual suppliers and would have buy them from supermarkets or cash and carries. That would mean they'd have to punt those prices to the customers. So why would folk pay that when they could buy a case of beer themselves for much cheaper and get the rest of their braindead crew round?

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

Both pies and free post-match soup (quite literally two packets of Happy Shopper cup a soup, poured into a cauldron of lukewarm water) are available.

If folk weren't desperate for football to return before, they will be after reading that.