Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Of course it doesn’t impact many clubs but for say Dundee Utd and ICT, it could be huge. They would probably double their gate receipts and increase their prize money substantially.

It's the same in league 1 with my club Raith Rovers. If this season is scrapped in thinking of if just supporting my local junior team and stand with my pint whilst watching the game. It's the way forward 🤷

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Decisions need to be made soon, that’s us in Apr ffs and we have no idea if this season will finish, when the next one will start. It’s a piss take. 

Is it a pisstake or the inevitable result of an unprecedented global health crisis?

They can't because they don't know when government guidelines will be loosened, and the government don't know when that will be because no one knows when the virus will run it's course.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The high ups knew this was happening. Football has been cancelled for almost 3 weeks now, surely they could make a decision by now 

No point in making a decision when we have no idea how long everything will be on lockdown for.

Am told the season will be nil and void in the next few days . with all teams being informed by letter .  
Sent from my Samsung gold s10

Right so we can at least rule this out. Cheers.

Think if after the easter weekend another period of prolong lockdown is announced then the SPFL/SFA will probably move swiftly to make a decision cause a majoor extension to this lockdown will take us into May at the earliest, even suggestions the lockdown could go into June.

Edited by rb123!

4 hours ago, virginton said:

UEFA is the actual decision-making body here because it wants European qualification and the CL timetable for next season determined within a commonly agreed timetable: FIFA is a rubber stamp only.

It really isn't. UEFA has no power to change the definition of a season, tamper with windows, or the two club rule for that matter. Nor have they any jurisidiction on player contracts These are all FIFA matters. UEFA can suggest, ask, request, etc but it can't make the decisions.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

It really isn't. UEFA has no power to change the definition of a season, tamper with windows, or the two club rule for that matter. Nor have they any jurisidiction on player contracts These are all FIFA matters. UEFA can suggest, ask, request, etc but it can't make the decisions.

Yet FIFA will do what UEFA wants them to do because it has got no skin in the game. What UEFA, the domestic leagues and the clubs agree to is what matters here.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

There's Dundee United furloughed everybody today. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

First of many I'd imagine.

First to publish it maybe. Most clubs have been in furlough either mostly or entirely since the option was made available. We certainly have. Queen of the South closed all operations from 20th March and sent everyone home.

Just now, virginton said:

Yet FIFA will do what UEFA wants them to do because it has got no skin in the game. What UEFA, the domestic leagues and the clubs agree to is what matters here.

I think you underestimate FIFA here but I doubt there will be much dissent anyway. They will likely sing from the same hymn sheet.

Guest Flash

Wimbledon statement says “With the likelihood that the Government’s measures will continue for many months...” they can’t prepare properly and they have ruled out a postponement because “the people supplies and services legally required to stage the Championships would not be available at any point this summer”.

Not definitive, but quite a strong indication that organised sport won’t be happening before the end of August.

https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2020-04-01/cancellation_of_the_championships_2020.html

Guest DAVIDB69

The kind of unofficial feeling with UEFA seems to be big leagues need finished due to the tv contracts , no one really gives a shit about small countries and their leagues.

Guest DAVIDB69
Am told the season will be nil and void in the next few days . with all teams being informed by letter .  
Sent from my Samsung gold s10

As in forget it ever happened