Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

They’d be hardly any clubs able to fulfil the fixtures if we’re waiting a year for them. Clubs need Matchday income, and yes it’s alright saying the Government may help or pay 80% of players wages, but so much extra revenue on a match day goes so far for teams in the lower leagues 

Let’s not forget that at the minute the support package is only in place for 3 months. It’s hard to see how the country can afford even that. If it goes on longer, we might be back in the cloth caps and tacky boots of the early days of football

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be a travesty of justice if United were denied the title.

Why would it ?

I agree that it would appear to be very unlucky, but under these sircumstanses  I really don't see it has a 'travesty'

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Let’s not forget that at the minute the support package is only in place for 3 months. It’s hard to see how the country can afford even that. If it goes on longer, we might be back in the cloth caps and tacky boots of the early days of football

Is it 3 months for everyone or just the support package for football? 

On 28/03/2020 at 06:41, stewartyftd1 said:

Can’t wait until they announce United as champions just to get it up these pathetic bitter blue noses.

Thank you!

On 28/03/2020 at 07:49, Day of the Lords said:

Posts like this are tremendous. Despite being the dominant club in the city for most of the previous 40 years, these fuckers just can't deal with being shit for the last 5 😂 Very Rangers-esque. 

Absolutely delicious stuff. 

No mate, it’s not. For those of us with no interest wotsoever in the sniping and whataboutery between the fans of the Dundee clubs it’s just feckin tedious, and from when you posted till when I’m posting there have been plenty more in the same  “we’re feckin goin up/naw yiz feckin urny” vein.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen with the leagues, or when. It could take months before a decision is made. If you lot ain’t gonna put a sock in it, kindly start a separate thread and keep it all in there. It’s the sort o’ bollocks you expect to get from the Sellic and Rainjurz fanbase.

30 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

No mate, it’s not. For those of us with no interest wotsoever in the sniping and whataboutery between the fans of the Dundee clubs it’s just feckin tedious, and from when you posted till when I’m posting there have been plenty more in the same  “we’re feckin goin up/naw yiz feckin urny” vein.

Nobody knows what’s gonna happen with the leagues, or when. It could take months before a decision is made. If you lot ain’t gonna put a sock in it, kindly start a separate thread and keep it all in there. It’s the sort o’ bollocks you expect to get from the Sellic and Rainjurz fanbase.

So little interest in fact, you decided to quote me and post about it.

Is this level of stupidity the reason your fellow supporters ridicule you on such a frequent basis?

It’s all fucking apocalyptic no matter how you look at it.

There simply is no good scenario.

The world has changed, and it will take years to get any where normal
again.

Life as we knew it has gone.

Only a vaccine can save us, society, and indeed, football.

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

So little interest in fact, you decided to quote me and post about it.

Is this level of stupidity the reason your fellow supporters ridicule you on such a frequent basis?

^^^  apparently unable to discern between interest, boredom and stupidity.  Quite the non-achievement, that - well done you. 👏

Leagues and relegations shouldn't be decided without the games and mathematical certainties being played out, in my view. I still think there is a stronger possibility of this happening than not, as other options open the authorities to potential legal action. But like the rest of you, I've no certainty about what will happen with Scottish football.

Covid-19 information being fed to us is mainly on message, with a weekend warning that the present restrictions might be in force longer than anticipated. The main information is being supported by Government advisors such as Neil Ferguson quoted above, but if you search around, there are plenty experts who appear to vastly disagree with his and other official pronouncements.

The truth possibly lies somewhere in the middle.

12 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

I imagine the worldwide rights to stream Chinese football in the coming months will be worth a large fortune.

Feck that.

Let's not forget the Chinese were warned that their wet markets posed a serious threat to cross species viral transfers.

As they created the problem there is no way they should have any financial gain for our urgent need for some live sport.

I propose that they compensate individuals by paying us £10.00 for every game we stream which we can use to purchase a new telly.

It can’t be that difficult really to sort this mess out regards our leagues. Going to the 3 leagues of 16 model should really keep most happy with no relegation and no league titles handed out that haven’t been mathematically decided in the 2019/20 season. Everyone plays each team home and away (30 games), then splits into 2 leagues of 8 for Europe and relegation, this leads to a further 14 games in a 1 off season of 44 games. This inturn means all clubs will recoup 3 home games of gate money that have been lost this season. The teams that narrowly miss out on promotion can be compensated a 6 figure sum for missing out with them having a real opportunity at winning league the next season and gaining more money through promotion. The automatic relegation in each league can be 4 teams with 11th and 12th going into a playoff system with the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league below. Really isn’t that difficult. The tv companies still get their 4 Celtic Rangers games.  If Celtic and Rangers aren’t happy with this it’s time to tell them to beat it for the sake of our national game. 

Anything other than this then Yenited will have to stay down... 😉

Edited by Yenitit

7 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Feck that.

Let's not forget the Chinese were warned that their wet markets posed a serious threat to cross species viral transfers.

As they created the problem there is no way they should have any financial gain for our urgent need for some live sport.

I propose that they compensate individuals by paying us £10.00 for every game we stream which we can use to purchase a new telly.

What do we want? New tellies.

When do we want them? Now.

FFS

It can’t be that difficult really to sort this mess out regards our leagues. Going to the 3 leagues of 16 model should really keep most happy with no relegation and no league titles handed out that haven’t been mathematically decided in the 2019/20 season. Everyone plays each team home and away (30 games), then splits into 2 leagues of 8 for Europe and relegation, this leads to a further 14 games in a 1 off season of 44 games. This inturn means all clubs will recoup 3 home games of gate money that have been lost this season. The teams that narrowly miss out on promotion can be compensated a 6 figure sum for missing out with them having a real opportunity at winning league the next season and gaining more money through promotion. The automatic relegation in each league can be 4 teams with 11th and 12th going into a playoff system with the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd in the league below. Really isn’t that difficult. The tv companies still get their 4 Celtic Rangers games.  If Celtic and Rangers aren’t happy with this it’s time to tell them to beat it for the sake of our national game. 

Anything other than this then Yenited will have to stay down... [emoji6]
Rushing to some back-of-an-envelope League reconstruction is about the worst possible solution.

Surely they’re expecting normality to mostly have returned by then, if they’re only doing it for 3 months? That would take us to late June...perfect time for some pre-season friendlies [emoji6]
Depends which government you listen to, Holyrood seem to say this could last 12 weeks for the desired effect, Westminster were talking about 6 months worth of disruption. That said, the latter was probably focused on London (as it always is) which will be in a mess longer than the rest of us.