Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

7 hours ago, Dele said:

There's a load of leagues in England stopped, null and voided. 

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you know which divisions have decided that?

3 hours ago, whereismillar said:

english non league .

Below National League North & South.

So for me looking over the Solway to near(ish) neighbours its mixed news. Workington were top of their league and looking good for playoffs at least (10 pts clear but 2nd place had 3 games in hand)

Barrow have been flying at the top of the National League and are well on course for promotion to League 2. As things stand, that could still happen.

Guest Flash
15 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's 80% of the cost to the employer so includes NI and pension contributions.

Latest guidance issued indicates that the grant covers the lower of 80% of salary or £2,500, plus the associated employer’s NI and auto enrolment pension on top.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

Edited by Flash

Im guessing its more an issue of player registration i.e. players will be fine to let deals expire and can sign for other clubs if they want, they'll just be Tidsered for a period if they do. Means players pretty much have to stick at their current clubs past their contract end date to keep getting paid as players unless they get other jobs entirely, which tbf might be an issue across lower leagues.

Not sure how it'll work if clubs plead poverty and try to extend deals on worse terms though?

Vivid memories of it but Rangers* transfer ban sort of covered it i think.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

17 hours ago, Dele said:

There's a load of leagues in England stopped, null and voided. 

17 hours ago, whereismillar said:

So some pub team leagues are null and void so we should too ?  hmmmmm

The lower leagues in a England have ensured that league results are only recorded once the season is completed.  Much like if a game is abandoned after, say, 70 minutes you don’t just let the score / result stand.  

There is less money in these leagues and little or no TV contracts to worry about so fairness to all is probably their primary consideration   Like everything else in higher league football unfortunately decisions will undoubtedly be made with money and TV contracts at the forefront of any decisions that are made.

9 hours ago, Flash said:

Latest guidance issued indicates that the grant covers the lower of 80% of salary or £2,500, plus the associated employer’s NI and auto enrolment pension on top.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

Yes, as I said, 80% of the cost to the employer. The £2,500 includes NI etc.

Edit: Sorry, that seems snippy. I just mean that, yeah, I think that's right.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yes, as I said, 80% of the cost to the employer. The £2,500 includes NI etc.

Edit: Sorry, that seems snippy. I just mean that, yeah, I think that's right.

I read it to say that the £2,500 is the employee’s pay, not including employer’s NI etc. So the maximum payment isn’t 80% of the cost to the employer, it is 80% of the employee’s gross pay. So, if somebody was on £37,500, the grant would cover 80% of that. Whereas if it was to cover 80% of the cost to the employer, the £37,500 would include employer’s NI and pension. Which means the maximum gross pay it would cover would be less (something like £34,000 ignoring pension).

43 minutes ago, Flash said:

I read it to say that the £2,500 is the employee’s pay, not including employer’s NI etc. So the maximum payment isn’t 80% of the cost to the employer, it is 80% of the employee’s gross pay. So, if somebody was on £37,500, the grant would cover 80% of that. Whereas if it was to cover 80% of the cost to the employer, the £37,500 would include employer’s NI and pension. Which means the maximum gross pay it would cover would be less (something like £34,000 ignoring pension).

Aye, certainly the wording on that link suggests your interpretation over mine. I've just furloughed 7 staff today in the expectation that the help we'll get will be capped at £2,500 per employee. If you're right then all the better.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Can’t wait until they announce United as champions just to get it up these pathetic bitter blue noses.

Thank you!

Posts like this are tremendous. Despite being the dominant club in the city for most of the previous 40 years, these fuckers just can't deal with being shit for the last 5 😂 Very Rangers-esque. 

Absolutely delicious stuff. 

23 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

The lower leagues in a England have ensured that league results are only recorded once the season is completed.  Much like if a game is abandoned after, say, 70 minutes you don’t just let the score / result stand.  

😳 Stupid boy. Get him telt, vt. 

😄😄😄😄😄