Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Guest Flash
19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They arent lending it, they are giving it, but only to a maximum of £2500 per person per month. Football clubs are certainly eligible for the scheme, whether they choose to implement it is up to them. Of course the maximum will be well below the wage for most top division players and probably the Dundee clubs and maybe Thistle. 

Also, we dont know yet when the clubs will get the money back. They are still going to have to find it in the first place for a few weeks.

Every club almost certainly has the same contracts. The SPFL issues a standard contract for clubs to use though I guess its possible the biggest clubs use something bespoke of their own. 

Details not published yet so everything could change, but it is possible that the £2,500 limit includes employer’s national insurance and pension costs, which will reduce the maximum wage eligible. At the moment, the scheme runs for 3 months from 1 March but I think you can only claim back to when the worker was furloughed, so clubs won’t get the full grant as football only stopped on 13 March. As this wasn’t announced until 20 March, I’m guessing no players were furloughed or laid off before that. It is difficult for clubs because if they are waiting on the details to be issued, they might be missing out on the grant for the period until they actually furlough the players. They are probably all taking advice on it, though.

Edited by Flash

I see Germany’s richest clubs are banding together to give €20 Million to the struggling ones, with folk here suggesting Celtic & Rangers do the same. I really don’t like the idea of those weirdos being able to say they saved us, Celtic fans are bad enough already with the Champions League windfall.

I see Germany’s richest clubs are banding together to give €20 Million to the struggling ones, with folk here suggesting Celtic & Rangers do the same. I really don’t like the idea of those weirdos being able to say they saved us, Celtic fans are bad enough already with the Champions League windfall.

Can’t see Celtic wanting to help Rangers tbh.

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I was telling my wife about the situation with clubs earlier and told her about the cash that's been paid out. She felt that it was very unfair that all clubs didn't get a fair split and that 'surely Celtic & Rangers will do the right thing and share out the money accordingly'.

I then had to explain to her why I was laughing.

It's a pretty strange decision to expunge the results. In a few years time there'll be conversations like this:

"Ha ha, your mob still haven't beaten us for ten years."
"Yeah we have, we skelped you 4-0 at your place a few years back. I remember it, I was there. Big Dave got a hat-trick. "
"Sorry mate, expunged. Never happened. That match ball is void. I hope he's given it back."

Just now, rb123! said:

Saw this posted on Scottish Footbal Away Days on FB, either someone got extremely bored and went to the effort of making this all up or it is actually true.

90823232_1471563489680480_3849184986716438528_o.jpg

90790790_1471563563013806_444907063668113408_o.jpg

90727299_1471563483013814_460819608262148096_o.jpg

It is messy and dumb and I don't like it. That is all I have to say on the matter.

my take on the document posted above 

Basically, Dundee Utd and Inverness get promoted to 14 team prem. Play each other twice and then break/split. 8 top teams make prem 1 and 6 plus 2 top teams from Championship make prem 2. Then it post split race for the title. Sound right? Better just going 2x16

Edited by Robbo63

Aye I just saw that too. It's hideously bad. So many things wrong with it but regional leagues (most fans don't want them) and sneaking in Sevco and Celtic reserve/youth teams are the worst things about it.

Hopefully fans would make it very clear indeed to their clubs that this shit will not be accepted.

Is that not just the 'SPFL2 plus Colts' turd of an idea that was flatly rejected about 18 months ago?

There's no valid reason to have some relegation and promotion during the season. You can just run with 14 team leagues in three national divisions with the top and bottom halves splitting after 26 games. Everyone plays 38 games. Have play offs to determine the last of three promotion spots that includes the 'winner' of the bottom half and the 12th placed team from the league above - 1st and 2nd go up automatically.

Edited by vikingTON

6 hours ago, Flash said:

Details not published yet so everything could change, but it is possible that the £2,500 limit includes employer’s national insurance and pension costs, which will reduce the maximum wage eligible. 

It's 80% of the cost to the employer so includes NI and pension contributions.