Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

37 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

My point is making a call to void the season at the minute  (when the situation could change in a number of weeks) would be foolish. 

Don’t think anyone is saying that the season should be voided at this very minute

But the fact is that this situation isn’t going to go away anytime soon.

The peak is going to happen in 10-14 weeks

And there will come a point when a decision has to be made

when that time inevitably comes, the decision will be to void the season

this world wide emergency is far bigger than Dundee United! 😂

Guest Flash
58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Void the season, give the teams the points difference they have accumulated now for the start of next season. Add 1 year on to all players contracts.

No league has been won yet so the legal argument would fall to bits.

More importantly, what happens with the hot potato?

If we get to April 4th and the situation isn't approving then there will be zero appetite to even attempt to complete the season by say end of June.

IMO this will leave us with two options:

1. Finish this current season in August and then start new campaign pretty much immediately after (f**k knows how that would work with squads).

2. This is a pretty random idea that came into my head, leave it as uncompleted and going by current tables everyone who should be champions get their trophies and everyone who's in relegation positions get relegated. Bottom 2 go down from Prem and top 4 come up from Championship, bottom 2 go down from Championship and top four come up from League 1 and the rest of league 1 merges with league 2. Would restructure the leagues and leave us with three leagues of 14/12/16 (if my maths is right)

When it comes to the bigger leagues, the broadcasters will eventually push for the games to go on behind closed door. Else there will most likely be a clause in their contracts which allows them to withhold money to the leagues’ since no product to broadcast. 

Once that happens, we will probably follow suit and finish the league behind closed doors with skeleton crews for media coverage etc. 

I’m personally all for scrapping cup competitions next season since the euro’s will get pushed back a year and have to be crammed into the schedule with things like Wimbledon, golf, cricket, remaining 6 nations games, Olympics and whatever else is affected. 

Just now, cilitbang said:

When it comes to the bigger leagues, the broadcasters will eventually push for the games to go on behind closed door. Else there will most likely be a clause in their contracts which allows them to withhold money to the leagues’ since no product to broadcast. 

Once that happens, we will probably follow suit and finish the league behind closed doors with skeleton crews for media coverage etc. 

I’m personally all for scrapping cup competitions next season since the euro’s will get pushed back a year and have to be crammed into the schedule with things like Wimbledon, golf, cricket, remaining 6 nations games, Olympics and whatever else is affected. 

Thing is, the playing staff don't want to play behind closed doors as it puts them at risk.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Thing is, the playing staff don't want to play behind closed doors as it puts them at risk.

All playing staff self isolate meantime and upon return, all take the test?

It’s a clusterfuck no matter what we do 😐

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just came up with the best solution ever. Solves everything.

Merge this season with next season, 76 games in the season which continues after the break.

Foolproof. And definitely not incredibly stupid.

Actual genius ^^

Just now, johnnydun said:

They could pick it up between the test and kick off.

Which is why screening everyone prior would eliminate that (in theory). 

I don’t disagree with your points, I just don’t see broadcasters that have overnight lost their schedule, to not push for something,  and we live in a world where money talks. 

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Which is why screening everyone prior would eliminate that (in theory). 

I don’t disagree with your points, I just don’t see broadcasters that have overnight lost their schedule, to not push for something,  and we live in a world where money talks. 

I think broadcasters will just have to ride it out like the rest of business and prepare for a financial hit. They can't let clubs go to the wall as this would effect their future income.

The SPFL, clubs, fans and broadcasters all have to pull together on this as they all will be losing out in some way.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Some Dundee fans are already buying season tickets for next season to cover the short fall.

Do you think this will lead to a short postponement of your new stadium?