Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Is this Counsel's opinion?

It's my opinion. How likely do you think it is that a member would be able to complain in Court about a course of action voted through by a majority of fellow members of an organisation if it happened? Let's have your legal take on it?

Just now, whereismillar said:

What's your take on this PMS ?

It's not my area of law but I wouldn't be so glib as to simply dismiss the potential for legal challenge out of hand. Unless the season finishes normally then there's going to have to be a novel solution and that will inevitably result in some parties being disappointed and out of pocket. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this ending up in court. Whether that's United, Hearts, Celtic, Partick or whoever. You'd have to be an actual expert or an idiot to presume to know definitively how those cases would go.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's my opinion. How likely do you think it is that a member would be able to complain in Court about a course of action voted through by a majority of fellow members of an organisation if it happened? Let's have your legal take on it?

Very, very likely. 

It's not my area of law but I wouldn't be so glib as to simply dismiss the potential for legal challenge out of hand. Unless the season finishes normally then there's going to have to be a novel solution and that will inevitably result in some parties being disappointed and out of pocket. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this ending up in court. Whether that's United, Hearts, Celtic, Partick or whoever. You'd have to be an actual expert or an idiot to presume to know definitively how those cases would go.

Cheers , its all opinions here. we will know when we know  .

Maybe @Skyline Drifter can confirm whether or not he’s an “actual expert.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe @Skyline Drifter can confirm whether or not he’s an “actual expert.

I think it's a common assumption amongst "member clubs" (in the broadest sense) that they can do whatever they want provided that the majority agree. It's a fallacy. There are obligations which arise in these relationships, particularly when substantial sums of money are involved, which go beyond the mere whim of the members, amongst them an obligation to act "fairly". That question will be ripe for litigation.

Finish season as is, top two up, bottom two down up and down the leagues. Fair approach and avoids the we might have caught arguements and the playoffs.
Voiding leagues so late in season shouldn't be the answer.

Am all for red lichties plan apart from going back to normal in 22/23 and Ayr going up. Now may be the best time to restructure if we get our act together and stand up to certain clubs
Oh dont get me wrong. I would certainly love for a big restructure.

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Do the people in support of voiding the season realise just how much money our clubs are likely to lose?

All companies are bound to lose money because of the current situation.

Playing behind closed doors or not playing for the next however many months will all cost clubs, they are going to lose money whatever happens. You cant just promote or relegate teams as they stand.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

In what way are they going "lose" any more money than they otherwise will?

My point is making a call to void the season at the minute  (when the situation could change in a number of weeks) would be foolish. 

only way to do this is to postpone the season until it can be finished. theres no way you can deny united promotion (despite how funny it would be) and theres no way you can relegate hearts and us the way the league is. finish the season, whatever and how long it takes, then plan the restructure from there. 

Edited by Daftjag

Put everything on hold, and stage the Euros in summer 2021.

When football can resume, complete the current domestic competitions in full, as quickly as possible, with crammed midweeks.

Then make next season the truncated one, dependent on how much time remains for it.  

What do we do in the meantime about player contracts?  Don't know.

What do we do about European club competitions?      Don't care.