5. Dunfermline - 25 (+5)
6. Queen of the South - 22 (-1)
7. Arbroath - 22 (-4)
8. Morton - 19 (-12)
---------------------------
9. Partick Thistle - 18 (-10)
---------------------------
10. Alloa - 14 (-15)

Queen of the South and Morton had a game in hand (which was eventually played in February and finished 2-2) but it wouldn't change anything significant. However, it would negate Alloa's good run since the turn of the year (and largely our bad one). It would however at least mean everybody had played each other once.

Now ..THAT is arbitrary ...

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: You are utterly shameless SD. 

😂

Yes, unfortunately we'd be a clear beneficiary of that (which I knew we would be) but that's not why I worked it out. I'm not a fan of the notion of using results to date to make any sort of season ending award whether it be now , 3/4 point or halfway. I say complete it or void it. However, I was simply addressing the suggestion of where to most fairly draw a line in the current season if you had to. Inevitably that's the halfway point when everyone has played everyone else home and away once,

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Abandon the season. No promotion or relegation.

Its the fairest solution 

Dundee united would rightly (and maybe Celtic) Take the SFA to court , Dundee united have spent a lot of money getting where they are ,also other teams may take umbrage at this ..won't happen IMO though .

Anyone seriously suggesting voiding this season has lost their mind completely. It would make a total mockery of the league and you’d be as well shutting it down permanently.

This season should be finished off, whether it takes six weeks or six months. Abandon the cups for a season if you have to but this 19/20 campaign must be completed, no matter what.

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

Dundee united would rightly (and maybe Celtic) Take the SFA to court , Dundee united have spent a lot of money getting where they are ,also other teams may take umbrage at this ..won't happen IMO though .

They'd lose then and be wasting more money doing so.

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

The SPFL will have to wait until the English leagues decide how to go about the problem. That's their style.

As I've already noted elsewhere though the additional complication here is that generally our players are contracted to the end of May or 9th June. English clubs contract their players to 30th June as standard. It effectively gives them an extra month to sort it (presuming Euro 20 is postponed).

2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

If this thing lasts for months though, I think voiding the season is a more defendable position. The SFA etc could legitimately argue the decision is largely out of their hands and a result of public safety concerns. 

If they f**k around awarding places, promotions etc before the season's finished and various rivals have yet to play each other I think they'd be on a far stickier wicket. 

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Dundee United’s case would be thrown out of court

Season will be abandoned IMO

1 minute ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

As opposed to what exactly?

Absolutely anything can be seen as unfair if it comes to a point where it can't be completed, and there will be clubs who take issue with it.

opposed to nothing else really it stands on its own , just my opinion anyway , dont fret dude  .

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Anyone seriously suggesting voiding this season has lost their mind completely. It would make a total mockery of the league and you’d be as well shutting it down permanently.

This season should be finished off, whether it takes six weeks or six months. Abandon the cups for a season if you have to but this 19/20 campaign must be completed, no matter what.

Anyone seriously suggesting the season shouldn’t be voided has lost their mind completely.