Season over

On 25/04/2020 at 16:30, sniffer said:

3 year deal or not I’m sure one of the criteria is you have to show that your ground can be able play a game on any or every Saturday for your club at 4 days notice , so that wouldn’t work for two teams ?

Dalkeiths pitch is terrible ! and with the likes of this mob playing on it alongside Dalkeith baffles me.

2 hours ago, Dick_Turpin said:

Dalkeiths pitch is terrible ! and with the likes of this mob playing on it alongside Dalkeith baffles me.

I'd imagine there would be talks around 'fixing' or changing the way it's maintained.

Tranent have attacked their park especially the season just past, alot of sand for drainage etc was like playing on a carpet.

• 1 month later...

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines

This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:

Saturday 06 Jun 2020

Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

• Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Irish league is summer Fitbaw and runs February to October. They had barely started when COVID kicked in. Their plan I believe is to resume and conclude their season with a reduced number of games.

In Northern Ireland it's winter football. The Republic is summer football at top level.

On 07/06/2020 at 10:31, Deanburn Dave said:

Irish league is summer Fitbaw and runs February to October. They had barely started when COVID kicked in. Their plan I believe is to resume and conclude their season with a reduced number of games.

FWIW, IFA is Northern Ireland, FAI is Republic of Ireland.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Life of Brian springs to mind.......Peoples Front of Judea , Judean Peoples Front etc....

I do believe a lot of the bigger sides do want an All-Ireland league due to perceived financial rewards in terms of sponsorship and TV deals then possibly regional lower leagues.

So it looks like start of August for the Premier kicking off, 17 October is pencilled in for tier 2 and no dates for tier 3 and below.

Anyone expecting to see tier 5,6 and 7 Fitbaw before the bells ?

Going to have a massive effect on the early rounds of the Scottish Cup .

40 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

So it looks like start of August for the Premier kicking off, 17 October is pencilled in for tier 2 and no dates for tier 3 and below.

Anyone expecting to see tier 5,6 and 7 Fitbaw before the bells ?

Going to have a massive effect on the early rounds of the Scottish Cup .

Has it been mentioned if the championship players are returning with testing or as normal?

If it’s with testing then game is up the pole for our level of football in 2020. I’ve been told the Lothian and Edinburgh Amateurs are thinking January for their return. 

Without introducing summer football, there’s not much hope of getting a season finished, even on reduced games if it’s January start. 

Has it been mentioned if the championship players are returning with testing or as normal?
If it’s with testing then game is up the pole for our level of football in 2020. I’ve been told the Lothian and Edinburgh Amateurs are thinking January for their return. 

Without introducing summer football, there’s not much hope of getting a season finished, even on reduced games if it’s January start. 
It's as good a time as any to trial summer football. Often debated, good arguments for and against.

I suspect there won't be any football at our level until phase 4, and phase 4 is probably when we're Covid free for an extended period like NZ and therefore no social distancing and no testing. Will that be 2020? Unlikely.

15 hours ago, TheLad said:
15 hours ago, Dinsey said:

It's as good a time as any to trial summer football. Often debated, good arguments for and against.

Maybe not even 'summer football' as such, just any football.  Start when we can, finish when we can.  In the Junior game, seasons lasted 11 months anyway.

I see the season is officially well and truly over after last night's AGM. Doesn't seem like much happened beyond what is already known. The EoS twitter feed did provide a few tweets that mentioned some of the financial numbers involved that you don't normally see in the public domain.

Edited by FairWeatherFan