Season over

2 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Interview with Kevin Smith, Glenrothes.  He makes some great points.

Please listen to this:

Shock, manager of a team 4 points behind 2nd and played a game more feels hard done by from PPG. Then goes on to say void the league but doesn’t want conferences next season so bring forward the plan to have premier, first and second division. So for this plan to work how you going to figure out who goes in first and second divisions if this season was to be voided?

Edited by Toebash1

8 hours ago, Toebash1 said:

Shock, manager of a team 4 points behind 2nd and played a game more feels hard done by from PPG. Then goes on to say void the league but doesn’t want conferences next season so bring forward the plan to have premier, first and second division. So for this plan to work how you going to figure out who goes in first and second divisions if this season was to be voided?

As soon as the vote was cast to go to another season of conferences, the league was effectively null and void for everyone other than those pushing for promotion - no point continuing for most involved, nothing to compete for.

Now, the board's proposal IS to null and void the league, with the exception of promoting 2 clubs on PPG.

Kevin makes several good and sensible points about why it should go Premier / First / Second - that's the stated objective of the league so why wait ANOTHER season?

The top 16 in the list above is your Premier.

I'd find it hard to understand why any club in that list would want more conferences, and evidently those outside the top 16 have not done enough to earn a place in it.

Edited by Che Dail

9 hours ago, Toebash1 said:

Under the current proposal the season is to be voided and its ppg totals used to promote only. That pretty much means its voided for everyone else, including those in relegation places. Meaning the current option from the league is to null and void the season but use its ppg totals to move clubs into another league.

If the vote is passes tomorrow to promote clubs it leaves a changed landscape for both relegation from the premier league next year and for clubs fighting to get into a first division the year after.

Given that will be the case, clubs should be given another opportunity to vote on conferences for next season. Either way that vote turns out at least clubs made the call after a change in circumstances.

We were all critical, myself included, of another association not putting things back to their membership once the landscape had changed. 

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So in summary, some people are now arguing it's OK to relegate clubs from tier 7 on PPG but not OK to promote clubs on that basis if their club narrowly lost out on that basis. You really need to get over it now and move on.

Spot on 

FCB

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So in summary, some people are now arguing it's OK to relegate clubs from tier 7 on PPG but not OK to promote clubs on that basis if their club narrowly lost out on that basis. You really need to get over it now and move on.

I would say most people think it is right that Bo'ness, Tynecastle and LTHV get promoted.

No club is getting relegated from the Premier.

For 1st to 2nd it could be done on current league positions or PPG it more or less generates the same result. 

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

I would say most people think it is right that Bo'ness, Tynecastle and LTHV get promoted.

For 1st to 2nd it could be done on current league positions or PPG it more or less generates the same result. 

Which is the point. Premier clubs get a reprieve. First division clubs get relegated.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Which is the point. Premier clubs get a reprieve. First division clubs get relegated.

So  in conference A, Ormiston are16 points behind Burntisland and -44 goal difference.

In B Tweedmouth might be closer behind but still -47 and Hawick -53 - would they really be that upset at being 'relegated'  after 2 seasons of heavy defeats? 

Given that will be the case, clubs should be given another opportunity to vote on conferences for next season. Either way that vote turns out at least clubs made the call after a change in circumstances. 

As has been said previously, if you believe so strongly in your point of view then you really need to encourage your club to gather support from others on it and then petition the board for just such a vote. I know you’ve stated that you only work for the club at your committee’s “pleasure” but I’m sure they’ll take your point of view on board as any good committee would. It won’t happen otherwise, no matter how many times you post on here [emoji16]

As has also been noted by several posters, the vote is likely to be carried as it’s a good proposition but that doesn’t mean the board are deaf to a further proposition to make things better still. As you say, it’s up to the member clubs, not the new applicants.

22 minutes ago, Sidney Lumet said:

As has been said previously, if you believe so strongly in your point of view then you really need to encourage your club to gather support from others on it and then petition the board for just such a vote. I know you’ve stated that you only work for the club at your committee’s “pleasure” but I’m sure they’ll take your point of view on board as any good committee would. It won’t happen otherwise, no matter how many times you post on here emoji16.png

As has also been noted by several posters, the vote is likely to be carried as it’s a good proposition but that doesn’t mean the board are deaf to a further proposition to make things better still. As you say, it’s up to the member clubs, not the new applicants.

I posted to another poster who asked about the season being null and void.

One thing I will say is that I don't decide the direction for my club, I post my own personal opinion on here, it is not representative of the club,  its direction or possibly its belief on what is right in this scenario.

One thing I will say is my opinion on this matter, conferences for next season and promoting on ppg whilst not considering the impact next season, has been consistent (look back i have never supported conferences and have always advocated null and void with no promotion or relegation, whilst now reluctantly accepting promotion will happen and my belief that if you are promoting then you should relegate).

Again though, all my personal opinions, nothing to do with the club.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

So  in conference A, Ormiston are16 points behind Burntisland and -44 goal difference.

In B Tweedmouth might be closer behind but still -47 and Hawick -53 - would they really be that upset at being 'relegated'  after 2 seasons of heavy defeats? 

Considering they might well have been in the majority of clubs that voted for another season of Conferences, then yes they might be okay with it. Each one of those teams has done better this year than last.

You've also got a Second Division that's filled with unknown quantities to the EoSFL. So who's to say they wouldn't be signing up for relegation and more 'heavy' defeats by doing that as well.

I posted to another poster who asked about the season being null and void.
One thing I will say is that I don't decide the direction for my club, I post my own personal opinion on here, it is not representative of the club,  its direction or possibly its belief on what is right in this scenario.
One thing I will say is my opinion on this matter, conferences for next season and promoting on ppg whilst not considering the impact next season, has been consistent (look back i have never supported conferences and have always advocated null and void with no promotion or relegation, whilst now reluctantly accepting promotion will happen and my belief that if you are promoting then you should relegate).
Again though, all my personal opinions, nothing to do with the club.

And I understand all of that, what I’m suggesting is that you appear to have a passionate position on a valid suggestion that will get no consideration outwith these pages unless a club can petition the board after tomorrow’s vote to have a further vote on the Prem/1st/2nd construct v the Prem/Conf A/Conf B construct. You are in a position where you can at least suggest to your club that they take a leading position to try and push for such a vote - if they agree. I haven’t suggested you can actually make this happen, merely that you are in a reasonably unique position to try.

As I and others have said, it’s likely that most clubs will be happy to vote yes to the board recommendation on PPG and no relegation and I feel this is the right course of action. After this, no further action will be taken unless a valid proposition is taken to the board by a member club/clubs.

11 minutes ago, Sidney Lumet said:

And I understand all of that, what I’m suggesting is that you appear to have a passionate position on a valid suggestion that will get no consideration outwith these pages unless a club can petition the board after tomorrow’s vote to have a further vote on the Prem/1st/2nd construct v the Prem/Conf A/Conf B construct. You are in a position where you can at least suggest to your club that they take a leading position to try and push for such a vote - if they agree. I haven’t suggested you can actually make this happen, merely that you are in a reasonably unique position to try.

As I and others have said, it’s likely that most clubs will be happy to vote yes to the board recommendation on PPG and no relegation and I feel this is the right course of action. After this, no further action will be taken unless a valid proposition is taken to the board by a member club/clubs.

I think it might be getting too late in the day to put forward a motion if it hasn't happened already. The meeting's meant to be tomorrow and then the acceptance of new members is meant to be the 30th? I believe.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Considering they might well have been in the majority of clubs that voted for another season of Conferences, then yes they might be okay with it. Each one of those teams has done better this year than last.

You've also got a Second Division that's filled with unknown quantities to the EoSFL. So who's to say they wouldn't be signing up for relegation and more 'heavy' defeats by doing that as well.

Of course they did better than last year, all the Junior SL clubs are in the Premier so the regular scuddings were reduced.

Next season I'd expect Kennoway, Thornton and Luncarty to be strong, and the others would most likely be on a par with the existing six.

I think Craigroyston will improve significantly, but will be a completely new side, and I'd guess the squad will mostly be decent ams players given the new managers contacts and background.

And it would be a gentler transition to return for Eyemouth coming back in who must've had a shock with the league they found themselves in last season.

But more importantly, the standard of the Premier would be better and more competitive. 

It's a football pyramid we're trying to develop, where the standard improves from the bottom up.

20 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Well thats a mighty fine offer kid have you asked Eyemouth before you decided :rolleyes:

Well it's an opinion / observation rather than a decision, which will be up to the clubs at the end of the day.

But -3 points and -142 goal difference, 6 goals a game... ooft.

Edited by Che Dail

52 minutes ago, vitus said:

Exactly so sir. 

The two brothers from denny dunipace must be doing everyone's nut in by now surely to god 🤨.

Club must be wondering what the 'f' they have taken on with them😆

A new account signed up today to have a go at someone in a personal fashion👍

As I said I don't represent the clubs opinion, the club will do what they feel is right for the club, i have no interest in influencing that.

If you have an axe to grind with me personally please do so, but leave the club out of it. Also posting personal stuff as part of your attempted slight towards me on a forum.....really, really poor form. Simply because my view is not mainstream or doesn't conform to yours or the majority opinion.

So in summary, some people are now arguing it's OK to relegate clubs from tier 7 on PPG but not OK to promote clubs if their club narrowly lost out on that basis. You really need to get over it now and move on.
Who's arguing that?

Exactly so sir. 
The two brothers from denny dunipace must be doing everyone's nut in by now surely to god [emoji2955].
Club must be wondering what the 'f' they have taken on with them[emoji38]
Neither of us are from Denny or Dunipace, but at least we have the balls to post what we're clear are our own opinions as ourselves and not create a new username to hide behind.

Says more about you than us to be honest old chap. [emoji6]