Season over

So were Dunipace 2nd bottom of their conference last season. Top 3 all season this season .25 of a point behind Inverkeithing using ppg......isn't that being disadvantaged, due to a situation outwith our control, with Inverkeithing still to play? 
You're not being disadvantaged or punished. You're not dropping to tier 8.

You're not being disadvantaged or punished. You're not dropping to tier 8.
Aren't we?

Because from where I sit it i feel like we are. We are all for promoting clubs using a formula, saving clubs from the inevitable using the same formula but not for treating everyone else fairly using the same formula, all whilst getting to the natural outcome we have sought, voted for and agreed for next year, albeit a year early.

And when did we start making decisions based on what a club might achieve in 6 to 12 months time. Using that approach the same could be said for all of the 6 teams currently in the mix for promotion to the premier league as of right now.

The over riding point is that clubs in Inverkeithings position this season would go down to a second division and have no opportunity to do what Inverkeithing have done.

Craigroyston under new control and a new squad could replicate it, but they wont be able to.

If that's not a punishment or being disadvantaged unfairly, I'm not sure what is!

But Craigroyston had no chance of getting out of it two months ago when you voted yes?

That applied to them then, when you were for the proposal. You didn't raise it as a punishment then, you wanted a first division.

No one who could have got out of the situation two months ago is adversely impacted doing it now, because of the changes above.

The only teams who would drop down a level now are the ones who had no chance of getting out of it when you said yes two months ago?

I'm confused.

It's it because there's no relegation from the premier now.........

9 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

And when did we start making decisions based on what a club might achieve in 6 to 12 months time. Using that approach the same could be said for all of the 6 teams currently in the mix for promotion to the premier league as of right now.

Probably when enough EoS clubs decided against the introduction of a Second Division in 2020-21 as they fancied a second chance of First Division Conferences. Certainly some of those votes on the delay would have been because clubs fancied their chances to perform better in 2020-21.

3 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Seen Thornton a couple of times last season and are a good team could play in the premier easy and are getting a fence put up but could join eos even lower.  No very fair to me.

Thornton Hibs are probably the best of the newcomers, solid outfit. Good to hear ground improvements upcoming.

Seen Thornton a couple of times last season and are a good team could play in the premier easy and are getting a fence put up but could join eos even lower.  No very fair to me.

You join something new you choose to join at its lowest level, just as my club did when we moved from the west juniors to the eos. That's generally how it goes, unfortunately.

51 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Craigroyston under new control and a new squad could replicate it, but they wont be able to.

If that's not a punishment or being disadvantaged unfairly, I'm not sure what is!

3 Pts from 25 matches. 

But they get another crack at it just in case the new manager can turn it around?

That's a ridiculous argument Burnie 🤣

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Aren't we?

Because from where I sit it i feel like we are. We are all for promoting clubs using a formula, saving clubs from the inevitable using the same formula but not for treating everyone else fairly using the same formula, all whilst getting to the natural outcome we have sought, voted for and agreed for next year, albeit a year early.

Away out and enjoy the sun G4Mac.....

You'll only be happy when the whole situation suits you and your club. 

0.25 is 0.25

If you're not happy blame Carole Baskin

Edited by Joe Exotic
spelling

4 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

The board have to do something which I don’t envy there will be winners and losers. The biggest winners will be the three teams avoiding relegation plus Bo’ness if they get promoted to the Lowland league.  At the moment that is a big IF, as they are not yet licensed and the LL have not said anything concrete on promotion just no relegation. The three biggest losers as it stands are Tynecastle who were certainties for promotion (May still happen) plus Broxburn and HOB.  They both had better PPG’s than BU in 2020 and will now probably have to wait at least 5 years to get promoted to the LL unless the LL opens up more spots (WOS Teams will dominate the current play offs over the next few years).

“They both had better PPG’s in 2020“ wtf has that got to do with the games played when United had a better PPG plus neither of them beat us. Then you lob in the not licensed curved ball, which was all but rubber stamped. Aren’t you just just a little bitter about things. 

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Isn't that exactly what you've been arguing was ok the last two days? emoji846.png

If they formed a single division tier 7 it would mean Blackburn have a stronger league to drop into, and it puts a division between Blackburn and the bottom tier. That's the motivation behind the flip flopping.

No it's not.
You've flip flopped from 2 months ago when you thought that it was fine for Craigroyston (and many others, more than would be impacted now) to end up at Tier 8 when you were advocating for a first division.

The main thing that has changed since then is Blackburn won't face being relegated into conferences. [emoji848]

So it was fine for 8 clubs to end up in Tier 8 when Blackburn might end up in a conference but now that they won't it's not fine for 3 clubs, none of whom had any more chance of getting out of that when you voted yes than they do now.

And you've picked the one who has the same number of points now that they did when you said yes two months ago as an example of why "it's not fair now".

You're either trolling, or showing a massive level of hypocrisy.

Away out and enjoy the sun G4Mac.....

You'll only be happen when the whole situation suits you and your club. 

0.25 is 0.25

If you're not happy blame Carole Baskin

Yep thanks for coming, you added a lot to the debate.

And whilst I'm responding, of course I want whats best for my club, its kind of what matters when you are involved in football.

You've flip flopped from 2 months ago when you thought that it was fine for Craigroyston (and many others, more than would be impacted now) to end up at Tier 8 when you were advocating for a first division.

The main thing that has changed since then is Blackburn won't face being relegated into conferences. [emoji848]

So it was fine for 8 clubs to end up in Tier 8 when Blackburn might end up in a conference but now that they won't it's not fine for 3 clubs, none of whom had any more chance of getting out of that when you voted yes than they do now.

And you've picked the one who has the same number of points now that they did when you said yes two months ago as an example of why "it's not fair now".

You're absolutely better than dropping to Mallo levels of nonsense. Read what I wrote.

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

The main thing that has changed since then is Blackburn won't face being relegated into conferences. emoji848.png

It is some u-turn right enough - staggering levels of flip- floppery - although in fairness people do change their minds... which is why clubs should be given an opportunity to change theirs about the format for next season.

15 minutes ago, boheesian said:

“They both had better PPG’s in 2020“ wtf has that got to do with the games played when United had a better PPG plus neither of them beat us. Then you lob in the not licensed curved ball, which was all but rubber stamped. Aren’t you just just a little bitter about things. 

Bitter?  Only pointed out that with a third of the season left both HOB and Broxburn were in better form.  At no point did I say BU didn’t deserve to go up (despite being outplayed twice by the Brox oh and by the way BU didn’t beat us either 👍 nor HOB)  I only pointed out the HOB and Broxburn are the biggest losers in this as it stands.

FWIW I do hope BU do go up.  Like the fiasco last year with Bonnyrigg I believe whoever wins the EOS Premier should get promoted (along with the SOS champions and the WOSL Champions going forward).

You're absolutely better than dropping to Mallo levels of nonsense. Read what I wrote.
So, hypothetically speaking, if it were decided that blackburn were to be relegated, as of right now, you would be happy to come into conferences so not to disadvantage all the other clubs?

(Keep in mind you were a massive advocate of the Premier clubs having a 'softer' landing spot in the future merely a couple of months the ago)