Season over

Brechin?
There's no automatic relegation from League 2, it's a playoff against the winner of the HL/LL playoff. As we can't play, can't have either of those playoffs.

If you're asking me if I agree with the playoff, then no, never have done. Bottom of league 2 should be automatically relegated. But that's not the current rules, so no relegation has been "avoided".

In all the leagues in the SPFL where there is automatic relegation, the same method has been applied consistently for teams going up AND coming down. No cherry picking.

And for clarity, I don't believe we would benefit from that, I just find it hugely hypocritical. You have teams with 0.68, 0.88 and 0.9 PPG benefiting over teams with 2+ PPG totals.

Leith r the biggest losers in all this poor decision shouldve just scrapped the 3 n just promote the champions
Leith are certainly disadvantaged and I feel for them as well, but I disagree they are the biggest losers. They hadn't played Kinnoull at all yet, had played more games then anyone else at home and were only 2 points ahead of us had we won our game in hand (which was away to Peebles).

The winners are LTHV, Inverkeithing (assuming Bo'ness go up), Blackburn/Sauchie, Whitehill and in particular Newtongrange.

Tynecastle got what they deserved, so that's good at least.

The losers are the Haws, Leith, Dunipace and Kinnoull.

I'm not sure you could decide which of those 4 are the biggest losers, no pun intended. [emoji846]

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Leith are certainly disadvantaged and I feel for them as well, but I disagree they are the biggest losers. They hadn't played Kinnoull at all yet, had played more games then anyone else at home and were only 2 points ahead of us had we won our game in hand (which was away to Peebles).

The winners are LTHV, Inverkeithing (assuming Bo'ness go up), Blackburn/Sauchie, Whitehill and in particular Newtongrange.

Tynecastle got what they deserved, so that's good at least.

The losers are the Haws, Leith, Dunipace and Kinnoull.

I'm not sure you could decide which of those 4 are the biggest losers, no pun intended. emoji846.png

Take it from this the EoS Premier will go to 18 next year?

For those not in the know:

East of Scotland clubs vote on proposal to end season based on games played

East of Scotland League football clubs are being asked to vote over the coming week on a proposal to bring the 2019-20 season to an end.

Following a meeting yesterday (Thursday) of the East of Scotland board, a suggestion is being put to member clubs to follow the decision of leagues higher up the Scottish football pyramid, such as the SPFL and the Lowland League, to conclude the season on a points per game ruling.

The East of Scotland clubs – which include Peebles Rovers in Division One Conference ‘A’ and Hawick Royal Albert United, Coldstream and Tweedmouth Rangers in Division One Conference ‘B’ – have until noon on Friday, April 24 to register their vote by email.

If the clubs agree to conclude the campaign in this way, Bo’ness United would be pronounced Premier League champions, with Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale declared winners of Conference ‘A’ and Tynecastle winners of Conference ‘B’.

A spokesman said there was no proposal for relegation, so that as few clubs as possible would be disadvantaged, but the two Conference winners would still make the step up.

If the recommendation is not accepted, there may be another opportunity for more talks at the end of the month.

An extraordinary general meeting of the East of Scotland clubs is planned for Thursday, April 30 to discuss new member applications.

If boness did go up then highest runner up Inverkeithing wid go up that's where a lot of the unsettling of teams comes in for me they should just promote the champs
If they are promoting on PPG they should be relegating based on PPG as well.

That's where a lot of people are going to be annoyed.

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Inverkeithing would be a bit controversial. Fewer games played than their Conference A title contenders helps their PPG. Then in Inter-Conference play they lost to both Leith Athletic and LTHV. Never played Dunipace or Kinnoull.

If Kelty go up and Bo'ness fill the LL gap, you could just fill the EOS Premier gap by promoting Tynecastle to remain at 16 teams. But once you go to 18 then you need LTHV and an extra club.

Fine margins for everyone - had the restrictions came in a few days later Inverkeithing would've played Tynecastle and Kinnoull would've played Leith.

Edited by Ginaro

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Inverkeithing would be a bit controversial. Fewer games played than their Conference A title contenders helps their PPG. Then in Inter-Conference play they lost to both Leith Athletic and LTHV. Never played Dunipace or Kinnoull.

Fewer games played but still 2nd with a game in hand and same ppg as LTHV. 

Why punish clubs when there is no need?
Agreed.

So why are Leith, Dunipace, Kinnoull and Glenrothes being punished?

Only Tynecastle were assured of promotion, but it looks likely LTHV and Inverkeithing will be selected to join them, when the club's mentioned above had just as much chance of achieving promotion as LTHV, Inverkeithing and than the teams in the Premier had of avoiding relegation.

Arguably they all had more chance of going up than Newtongrange of staying up.

My stance has always been punish no one. I sent an option to the league to that effect (they explained why it wouldn't work which was fair enough) but other options existed that punished no one.

What your comment fails to acknowledge is that this solution "punishes no one in the Premier League", not "no one".

What an utter shit show, that interconference idea was always daft but now deciding on who gets promoted via points gained against teams in another league is laughable.

Its a complete slap in the face for Leith and Kinnoull, especially when Premier League dross isn't being relegated - next season is going to have a shorter window to fit games into so it makes perfect sense for the Premier clubs to have to fit in at least 2 more games.

Laughable. 

Just goes to show that Scottish football is corrupt from the top to the bottom.

1 minute ago, drs said:

Its a complete slap in the face for Leith and Kinnoull, especially when Premier League dross isn't being relegated - next season is going to have a shorter window to fit games into so it makes perfect sense for the Premier clubs to have to fit in at least 2 more games.

Kinnoull are meant to be due a 3 point deduction for an earlier breach. They've also only played 50% of their games compared to others hitting 70% +. I feel it can be considered a slap in the face to them.

Agreed. 

So why are Leith, Dunipace, Kinnoull and Glenrothes being punished?

Only Tynecastle were assured of promotion, but it looks likely LTHV and Inverkeithing will be selected to join them, when the club's mentioned above had just as much chance of achieving promotion as LTHV, Inverkeithing and than the teams in the Premier had of avoiding relegation.

Arguably they all had more chance of going up than Newtongrange of staying up.

My stance has always been punish no one. I sent an option to the league to that effect (they explained why it wouldn't work which was fair enough) but other options existed that punished no one.

What your comment fails to acknowledge is that this solution "punishes no one in the Premier League", not "no one".

I'd question if any of those clubs are being punished. They do not have the reward of being promoted, but I can't see it as a punishment not to go up under these circumstances. Gutting no doubt about it, but punishment?

There are no easy answers. Void is the only alternative that I can see, that punishes even more clubs.

What an utter shit show, that interconference idea was always daft but now deciding on who gets promoted via points gained against teams in another league is laughable.
Laughable. 
Just goes to show that Scottish football is corrupt from the top to the bottom.

Behave.

50 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Fewer games played but still 2nd with a game in hand and same ppg as LTHV. 

Fair point! 

Not 100% sure but think they still had a majority of home games left too.

The proposal for the league will not keep everyone happy but if you put it in perspective there are a lot more important things going on just now. 

It may be a bitter pill to swallow for some but that's life.

Ultimately its Carole Fucking Baskins fault.............

Edited by Joe Exotic

I'd question if any of those clubs are being punished. They do not have the reward of being promoted, but I can't see it as a punishment not to go up under these circumstances. Gutting no doubt about it, but punishment?

There are no easy answers. Void is the only alternative that I can see, that punishes even more clubs.

Nonsense Burnie. [emoji846] 

Those teams have all put time, money and a great deal of effort into their seasons to put themselves in a position, with a third of the season to go, to still get promoted.

Tynecastle were nearly there, the other 6 all still had just as much chance as any of their peers of going up.

4 of them have been denied that opportunity through no fault of their own and then to rub salt in the wound a formula which can't possibly be applied fairly across two separate league tables and imbalanced fixture lists has been applied to randomly select 2 to join Tynecastle and the same formula, which is infinitely more applicable to a single league with a balanced fixture list, which has been applied that way through the rest of the Scottish senior game (the EoS are the exception here) is not applicable to that league?

Really? And you don't think any of these clubs are being punished?

We all getting a magic rebate for the time, money and effort that the 3 teams bottom of the Premier on PPG are getting? [emoji1787]

Edit: To answer your added question:

Promote all 7 and have a split or start with conferences, with more than normal being relegated to get back to 16 the season after.

With 10 teams coming into Tier 7 there would be more than enough to do that and have viable leagues at both levels.

That's a solution that would leave no one disadvantaged. Not just premier League teams.