Season over

Just now, G4Mac said:

There is no clear way to use ppg midway through a season with so many variables involved that were yet to be encountered. With home or away games or strength of opposition played or to play, also add in the amount of inter conference games you might have played and who they were against, it throws ppg into question.

It does the conference teams out of a promotion place next season aswell.

But its been voted through and there is hee haw we can do to change that now. 

The outcome of this vote was inevitable, but it makes the  conferences harder to get promoted out of.

The previous vote one where clubs opted for another year of conferences is harder to understand. With the exception of Tynecastle and LTHV the season is practically null and void.

All that collective and individual effort and nothing to show for it.

But as folk say it's only time, money and football.

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

The outcome of this vote was inevitable, but it makes the  conferences harder to get promoted out of...

A top 7 finish will be needed to stay in tier 7 in 2021-22. That combined with the promotion place for finishing first should give most of the clubs involved  plenty to compete for throughout the season.

Listen I agree with you. I'm 30 hours a week at it and I know others are at least 40. Its a sickening.

Particularly If the quote overleaf is correct, not only is there a reprieve for Premier league clubs this year there is also one next. There will be one less club promoted from the conferences (no runner up playoff).

Instead of 3 spaces the conferences have 2. It will be harder, undoubtedly.

Sadly its done now and the majority feel its fair, as I said at least it was the clubs who decided.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A top 7 finish will be needed to stay in tier 7 in 2021-22. 

Apparently that isn't decided yet and clubs don't know if that will be the case. 

A top 7 finish will be needed to stay in tier 7 in 2021-22. That combined with the promotion place for finishing first should give most of the clubs involved  plenty to compete for throughout the season.
I think the point he was making is that the club's remaining at Tier 7 have had to give up a promotion place. It's down from 3 now to 2 for next season according to the wording above.

And with an increase in clubs the conference's are going to get bigger (14 and 15 from 12 each).

So promotion places go from 1.5 in 12 this season to 1 in 14.5 next (3 in 24 to 2 in 29).

The decision has been made, but the point made above is absolutely valid. Bigger conferences, with less promotion places = harder to get out of. A double whammy, if you will.

46 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When some clubs have played only 17 games and others have played 25, and when some have played only 9 home games and others 14, that doesn't make any sense.

Go and look at the games actually played and then come back to me with a hard luck story over how Kinnoull have been treated unfairly.

27 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Particularly If the quote overleaf is correct, not only is there a reprieve for Premier league clubs this year there is also one next. There will be one less club promoted from the conferences (no runner up playoff).

Instead of 3 spaces the conferences have 2. It will be harder, undoubtedly.

How is there a reprieve for Premier League Clubs next year when potentially there are 5 teams relegated  ? 

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Go and look at the games actually played and then come back to me with a hard luck story over how Kinnoull have been treated unfairly.

Unless you're arguing that that's a factor the league took into account when they decided to use flat PPG, that's irrelevant.

There's no reasonable way to control for quality of opposition. Controlling for home and away games as is simple as using PPG, you just do it twice instead of once. The bigger question is, why would you not do PPG for home and away? What's the argument against?

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

How is there a reprieve for Premier League Clubs next year when potentially there are 5 teams relegated  ? 

If I have read the quote overleaf correct it stated that only the two conference winners will be promoted next season and that the premier league will get back to its original number, this would mean only 4 clubs relegated as opposed to the 5 we initially thought.

Unless the quote is wrong, that means no promotion for the second places after a playoff. In essence one less club able to be promoted from larger conferences.

As I say, my comment was only based on the quote from before.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

If I have read the quote overleaf correct it stated that only the two conference winners will be promoted next season and that the premier league will get back to its original number, this would mean only 4 clubs relegated as opposed to the 5 we initially thought.

Unless the quote is wrong, that means no promotion for the second places after a playoff. In essence one less club able to be promoted from larger conferences.

As I say, my comment was only based on the quote from before.

Even if 4 relegated it's still one more than the norm so I dont see it as a reprieve for any of the Prem teams. 

4. Would only be 5 if a Highland team went up and a Lowland team came down or an unlicensed champion/losing the promotion playoff to SoS.

Basically, to finish 14th in the Premier this season meant relegation, to finish 14th next means to stay up, while to finish 2nd at Tier 7 this season meant playoff and possibly a promotion (and is what hopefully sees Inverkeithing go up) but finish 2nd at Tier 7 next season means hard luck chaps.

The premier has lost a Relegation spot for next season required to balance back to 16 and the first has lost a promotion spot to compensate for not relegating an additional premier team to retain 3 promotions.

Under normal circumstances, there would be 6 relegations and 6 promotions over two seasons.

What we will actually see is 5 promotions (-1) and 4 relegations (-2).

So in reality, the Premier will be 2 relegations better off and the first 1 promotion worse off.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Even if 4 relegated it's still one more than the norm so I dont see it as a reprieve for any of the Prem teams. 

its a reprieve. They have changed the number of promotion places for next year in the conferences because of the decision to promote only. It helps the premier clubs and disadvantages everyone in the conferences next year.

Finish 14th this year you are down, finish 14th next year you stay up. But its doesn't give premier clubs a reprieve?

The Dunipace bros. tag team at it again give it a rest lads for f##ks sake.

If you don't like what we write, put us on ignore, rather than have a go at who were are rather than what we write.

Unless you have some new facts to show that we're wrong? There won't be a reduction in promotion and relegation places?

No?

Thought not.

Any thoughts how the promoted Conferences teams will do in the Premier. In particular will Tynecastle make an impact and start improving their gate receipts?
I think Tynecastle will do very well and think LTHV will hold their own as well. I would back both to finish outside the relegation spots.

Not seen Inverkeithing this season, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Allnitelong said:

The Dunipace bros. tag team at it again give it a rest lads for f##ks sake.

How many user names do you need? I wonder if your ip address matches any other posters?

6 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any thoughts how the promoted Conferences teams will do in the Premier. In particular will Tynecastle make an impact and start improving their gate receipts?

I hope tynecastle do well, think they will. 

Not sure about the others, it will depend on how they strengthen.

Again though will depend on how everyone else in the premier strengthens.

44 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Unless you're arguing that that's a factor the league took into account when they decided to use flat PPG, that's irrelevant.

There's no reasonable way to control for quality of opposition. Controlling for home and away games as is simple as using PPG, you just do it twice instead of once. The bigger question is, why would you not do PPG for home and away? What's the argument against?

Flat PPG has flaws but takes a view of the whole.

PPG weighted against Home & Away places one variable as more important over others. Does it take into account Strength of Opponent? Nope. Suspension or Injuries? Nope. Midweek night games v Saturday afternoon games? Nope. Points deductions? Nope. Kind of important one in this since Kinnoull lose 3 points from a home victory, so that's actually 2 home defeats. So their home average PPG should be 2.33333333333 not 2.6666666666. See how a stupid little thing like that can throw things off. Not just home and away.

image.png.174185350ff3f552023e061133009368.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Surely (slightly) easier to get out of the conferences next season as you have got rid of the two (or three) best clubs without receiving anyone from the Premier Division? (Yes I know that 10 more clubs are coming)

33 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

4. Would only be 5 if a Highland team went up and a Lowland team came down or an unlicensed champion/losing the promotion playoff to SoS.

Basically, to finish 14th in the Premier this season meant relegation, to finish 14th next means to stay up, while to finish 2nd at Tier 7 this season meant playoff and possibly a promotion (and is what hopefully sees Inverkeithing go up) but finish 2nd at Tier 7 next season means hard luck chaps.

The premier has lost a Relegation spot for next season required to balance back to 16 and the first has lost a promotion spot to compensate for not relegating an additional premier team to retain 3 promotions.

Under normal circumstances, there would be 6 relegations and 6 promotions over two seasons.

What we will actually see is 5 promotions (-1) and 4 relegations (-2).

So in reality, the Premier will be 2 relegations better off and the first 1 promotion worse off.

But if you null and void the season, with no promotions this year, you loose 2 promotion spots, but would still get 3 next year. 3 in total would go up. And still zero relegated. 2 up this year and 2 up next year is 4 in total. So one extra than you would bill and void a season. Still getting 4 relegated at least rather than normal 3.