Season over

2 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Based on that ScotGov News Conference 2020-21 is already looking like its in the doo-doo. Looks like there will be no games played in front of a crowd until next year, at the earliest.

Maybe for Ibrox and Parkhead, which is what Nicola S mainly would have had in mind, but 150 people can distance themselves quite effectively at an EoS ground. 

Whilst it would be great for our football to start back sooner than the bigger crowds at Premier league games, I think that social distancing will scupper any thoughts of us playing games.

If they expect fans to still commit to social distancing it wouldn't be right to ask players and officials not to...now whilst incorporating social distancing measures into a game would make things interesting, I doubt football is highest on the governments agenda, sadly. 

4 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I posted to another poster who asked about the season being null and void.

One thing I will say is that I don't decide the direction for my club, I post my own personal opinion on here, it is not representative of the club,  its direction or possibly its belief on what is right in this scenario.

One thing I will say is my opinion on this matter, conferences for next season and promoting on ppg whilst not considering the impact next season, has been consistent (look back i have never supported conferences and have always advocated null and void with no promotion or relegation, whilst now reluctantly accepting promotion will happen and my belief that if you are promoting then you should relegate).

Again though, all my personal opinions, nothing to do with the club.

That's one thing twice, so two things......

FCB

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe for Ibrox and Parkhead, which is what Nicola S mainly would have had in mind, but 150 people can distance themselves quite effectively at an EoS ground. 

You cant guarantee crowd numbers though - with no SPFL games open to the public for a minimum of 9 months there will be fans looking for a game.  

And then what do you do with the players, coaches and officials? To combat the spread you'd effectively have to put your entire squad into quarantine for 2 weeks before and after a game to ensure they were not infected and spreading the virus.

1 hour ago, Joe Exotic said:

That's one thing twice, so two things......

FCB

I'm glad you could help enlighten the debate again.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing you are looking out for me and ensuring I use the English language correctly.

I don't know who the person is you keep referring to, but you really don't seem to like them.

Be safe.

Restrictions are going to ease up in severity over time as an increasing portion of the population has already been through the virus and a new peak in infections is no longer likely to collapse the NHS. Stockholm is already claiming to be only weeks away from reaching herd immunity after Sweden steered clear of a rigid lockdown. Nicola S was saying stuff that was aimed more at UEFA still wanting the Old Firm to finish off 2019-20 this summer than at what's going to be happening in 2020-21 with Crossgates Primrose after that.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Restrictions are going to ease up in severity over time as an increasing portion of the population has already been through the virus and a new peak in infections is no longer likely to collapse the NHS. Stockholm is already claiming to be only weeks away from reaching herd immunity after Sweden steered clear of a rigid lockdown. Nicola S was saying stuff that was aimed more at UEFA still wanting the Old Firm to finish off 2019-20 this summer than at what's going to be happening in 2020-21 with Crossgates Primrose after that.

Who really knows who to believe and what to expect.

Right now though and for the foreseeable, whilst social distancing is in place,  we won't have football. Its reasonably straight forward to separate fans but impossible to separate players, coaches and officials.

In terms of opening back up I would expect non league football to be near the bottom end of the priority list, sadly.

51 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I'm glad you could help enlighten the debate again.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing you are looking out for me and ensuring I use the English language correctly.

I don't know who the person is you keep referring to, but you really don't seem to like them.

Be safe.

Thanks G4Mac. Just looking out for you neebs. 

As I said before......it's all Carole Baskins fault

Shock, manager of a team 4 points behind 2nd and played a game more feels hard done by from PPG. Then goes on to say void the league but doesn’t want conferences next season so bring forward the plan to have premier, first and second division. So for this plan to work how you going to figure out who goes in first and second divisions if this season was to be voided?

Exactly shock the real reason Glenrothes went over to the EOS was they were going to be relegated from the superleague and seen an opportunity. Not that’s anything wrong with taking opportunities.

10 hours ago, magoo said:

Can ppg be regarded as fair if the proportion of home/away games is significantly different 

It depends who you ask - Sauchie for example might say 'yes it is' because they've invested in land drainage and floodlights to make sure their park is playable and available midweek to get home games played.

Then come the end of the season and into the better weather, their competitors have games in hand (possibly against teams with no incentive to win), and knowing what they have to do to stay up.  That isn't very fair.

But ultimately PPG is based on games played, not on games that haven't been played.

Edited by Che Dail

League Announcement!

We can today confirm that the League has voted on the proposal and the results have now been published. We list the proposal and the votes below:

•Final EoSFL standings for season 2019/20 be decided on Points Per Game (PPG)

•No relegation from the Premier Division this season.

•To temporarily increase the Premier Division for one season to allow the two First Division Conference winners to be promoted.

•Should the Premier Division champion be promoted to the SLFL they will be replaced by the Conference runner-up club which has the highest PPG.

•At the end of season 2020/21 to promote each First Division Conference winner and relegate as many clubs as necessary to restore the Premier Division to 16 clubs.

Question 1: Do you agree the season should be finalised now?
YES – 37 votes
NO – 3 votes

Question 2: Do you agree the season should be concluded as per the Board’s proposal?
YES – 29 votes
NO – 11 votes

This vote means the Board’s proposal has been supported by a majority of member clubs which means that Sauchie Juniors remain in the Premier Division for next season.

Edited by Pyramidic

A very large majority for this, 72.5% to be exact. It won't please everyone, but it's probably for the best that the vote is so overwhelming rather than a narrow majority leaving far more unhappy clubs.