Season over

If the boot was on the other foot you would not be saying that. It’s taking a while but it was only a matter of time till one of you had a go.
However, if the powers that be decide to award the title to the Bu’s then that will be fine. Then again if not then that’ll be the end of the matter. That’s my honest opinion. Your is based on being bitter and twisted.
No it is not, it is based on fairness. And get over yourself, I'm talking about all leagues. Kelty can take no glory in being awarded the Lowland league, they have won nothing.

11 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
43 minutes ago, boheesian said:
If the boot was on the other foot you would not be saying that. It’s taking a while but it was only a matter of time till one of you had a go.
However, if the powers that be decide to award the title to the Bu’s then that will be fine. Then again if not then that’ll be the end of the matter. That’s my honest opinion. Your is based on being bitter and twisted.

No it is not, it is based on fairness. And get over yourself, I'm talking about all leagues. Kelty can take no glory in being awarded the Lowland league, they have won nothing.

You think it would be a fairer outcome in the English Premier League to call it null and void than to award it to Liverpool, if it can't be completed?

12 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
43 minutes ago, boheesian said:

In your opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Black Dug said:
6 minutes ago, GordonS said:
You think it would be a fairer outcome in the English Premier League to call it null and void than to award it to Liverpool, if it can't be completed?

Yes

In that case, you should appreciate that your view of fairness is subjective and unlikely to be widely shared, no?

That's an entirely subjective view of course - only way to find out is when they start playing.
See they had to reapply for planning permission for the fence and lights as the old consent lapsed,  and there are objections this time round - things moving slowly at the council just now unfortunately.

I’m sure the 2010 planning application is still in place it hasn’t lapsed because there isn’t a timescale on planning if the application has been started it is still valid, and guess what it has been.
So the council can be as slow as they like.

The problem with the conferences is the way we’ve played it

PPG is hard to judge with the inter conference games the fixture of who plays home or away and what teams have played each other and who have still to play each other there is just to many variables in the conference leagues

Unlike the premier league we’re everyone is competing in the same league PPG is a good indicator of how a team has done it just doesn’t work for the conference leagues

I think due to this unprecedented time all votes for divisions should be brought back to the table again

7 hours ago, Black Dug said:
7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yes

So all the fines for players / clubs are to be paid back, all season tickets to be refunded, all sponsors to get their money back etc etc..... do you not think clubs would all be in financial ruin? 
there will be very little clubs left 

PPG is a poor way to do it. It's really a case of where you are now is where you will finish. If teams have all played the same games then nothing changes in terms of final standings. Only teams with lots of games in hand benefit.

There surely must be a fairer more sensible way.

I would go for a new 1st division starting next season (if possible).  I dont see for the life of me how you can promote but not relegate on this basis. 

5 teams relegated next season from the prem makes it very unfair for teams who finish in 8th place in the conferences as they wont make the 1st division. Where is that fair, when that is what's been set out?

So all the fines for players / clubs are to be paid back, all season tickets to be refunded, all sponsors to get their money back etc etc..... do you not think clubs would all be in financial ruin? 
there will be very little clubs left 
So you are disregarding fairness and sport for commerce? Why should sponsors get their money back? Why should fans get season ticket money back? They have had the exposure and the entertainment. Yes, they could argue that they are entitled to a pro-rata refund for the games yet to be played but not for the full season.

It'd be tough on some clubs without a doubt but there are too many variables to ensure integrity when trying to decide results based on an arbitrary system that nobody had agreed to and is shown to have flaws.

No system was agreed to for ending the season early prior to the season starting (understandably, it's unprecedented what is going on), therefore any system employed now and voted on now will not be without bias.

All clubs, sponsors, fans, players will need to take a hit here.

8 hours ago, sniffer said:

I’m sure the 2010 planning application is still in place it hasn’t lapsed because there isn’t a timescale on planning if the application has been started it is still valid, and guess what it has been.

Are you sure? Why reapply then?

10 years to build a fence, but priorities lay elsewhere, hence the competitiveness on the park, I'm sure.

Meanwhile everyone else has been investing in facilities and folk think it's fair that new clubs, who dismissed the move and criticised those leaving, should come in at the same level 2 years down the line.

Null and void, no promotion or relegations as that trickles down the leagues, including play off games etc. Of course clubs will be upset, understandably, but there is no 100% foolproof remedy. Hopefully the structure for next season will help clubs,less cups,less fixtures where possible,just give clubs a chance to recover and survive, which IS the important point.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

It would be a funnier outcome, which I'm all in favour of, on the petty, but heartfelt, grounds that I find Liverpool fans preternaturally irritating.

Edited by Bad Wolf

In that case, you should appreciate that your view of fairness is subjective and unlikely to be widely shared, no?
It's not just about one club though. They've had a great season so far and are many points ahead and would've most probably have won it... But they lost 3 of their last 4 games nothing had been guaranteed. What about the teams going for CL spots how do you fairly square that off, relegation? Finish the league whenever possible or null and void.

So you are disregarding fairness and sport for commerce? Why should sponsors get their money back? Why should fans get season ticket money back? They have had the exposure and the entertainment. Yes, they could argue that they are entitled to a pro-rata refund for the games yet to be played but not for the full season.

It'd be tough on some clubs without a doubt but there are too many variables to ensure integrity when trying to decide results based on an arbitrary system that nobody had agreed to and is shown to have flaws.

No system was agreed to for ending the season early prior to the season starting (understandably, it's unprecedented what is going on), therefore any system employed now and voted on now will not be without bias.

All clubs, sponsors, fans, players will need to take a hit here.

No system was agreed to ever ending extra time early too but it happened !!

12 hours ago, sniffer said:

Planning elapsed 3 years after it was granted in 2011, which is why they've submitted another application, basically the same as before.

5 hours ago, Black Dug said:
15 hours ago, GordonS said:

It's not just about one club though. They've had a great season so far and are many points ahead and would've most probably have won it... But they lost 3 of their last 4 games nothing had been guaranteed. What about the teams going for CL spots how do you fairly square that off, relegation? Finish the league whenever possible or null and void.

To make your case there you're including two defeats in Europe that have hee-haw to do with the league. 

And your version of "fairness" means two English clubs - Jersey Bulls and Vauxhall Motors - couldn't be promoted despite having mathematically guaranteed promotion.

You're entitled to your opinion, I can't and wouldn't tell you that you're wrong, but you can't be suggesting that your opinion is somehow objectively more fair than other people's opinions. You're using the word 'fairness' here a lot like it can only mean one thing.