Season over

It is some u-turn right enough - staggering levels of flip- floppery - although in fairness people do change their minds... which is why clubs should be given an opportunity to change theirs about the format for next season.

Honestly, if people can't read the logic of what I have opinioned then there's no point having debates.

It's all immaterial anyway, there's a vote coming up which if it passes then that's it done. If not, then it's upto clubs to come up with an agreeable solution.

Going Premier-first-second next season has no material affect on my club, but it does to others and that is my stance, so cheap digs from people who should know better don't add anything. We shouldn't demote or relegate clubs if it can be avoided.

An emotive subject which I'll now leave alone until we know the results of the vote.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Aren't we?

Because from where I sit it i feel like we are. We are all for promoting clubs using a formula, saving clubs from the inevitable using the same formula but not for treating everyone else fairly using the same formula, all whilst getting to the natural outcome we have sought, voted for and agreed for next year, albeit a year early.

And when did we start making decisions based on what a club might achieve in 6 to 12 months time. Using that approach the same could be said for all of the 6 teams currently in the mix for promotion to the premier league as of right now.

It's not just the clubs that were in the running for promotion - ask any one of the managers at Haddington, Preston, Edin Utd, Dalkeith if they'd prefer to be playing in a Premier League next season or conferences for the 3rd year running.

Players want to be playing at the highest level they can.

Clubs really shouldn't have to be stuck in some perpetual twilight zone waiting on Bathgate, Fauldhouse and Whitburn. 

Edited by Che Dail

Honestly, if people can't read the logic of what I have opinioned then there's no point having debates.

It's all immaterial anyway, there's a vote coming up which if it passes then that's it done. If not, then it's upto clubs to come up with an agreeable solution.

Going Premier-first-second next season has no material affect on my club, but it does to others and that is my stance, so cheap digs from people who should know better don't add anything. We shouldn't demote or relegate clubs if it can be avoided.

An emotive subject which I'll now leave alone until we know the results of the vote.
I think people have read your opinion. They are allowed to disagree with it and ask why your stance has now changed, coincidentally exactly the same scope they have afforded you in return for disagreeing with their own opinion.

You're absolutely better than dropping to Mallo levels of nonsense. Read what I wrote.
Ok, I may be misunderstanding your point, I've read it again but happy to give you the opportunity to explain.

2 months ago Craigroyston had 3 points and still mathematically had a chance of getting out of it.

You voted yes to a first division, which would have sent them down, despite having the chance to get out of it.

Today, Craigroyston still have 3 points, mathematically have no chance of getting out of it and haven't picked up a point in the interim.

You now say no to a first division using Craigroyston as the reason why it's not fair, because they could have got out of it (they couldn't) and now "they might be able to turn it around next year" (would say every relegated club ever)

What have I missed?

Why was it OK for Craigroyston to be in Tier 8 2 months ago, when they could still get out of it, but not ok now when they can't?

Your argument earlier about not being fair when teams have the opportunity to get out of trouble existed two months ago, you voted the opposite way.

They couldn't get out of it now, regardless of shutdown, but you don't think it's fair now.

What have I misunderstood?

You're arguing against your own stated position as far as I can see.

And the main thing that has changed for you personally is Blackburn won't come down into conferences.

I think people have read your opinion. They are allowed to disagree with it and ask why your stance has now changed, coincidentally exactly the same scope they have afforded you in return for disagreeing with their own opinion.
Agree, but no need to have cheap digs. This has nothing to do with my club as we would be unaffected if what you want came to pass, but it is possible to look at the bigger picture and not want any harm brought upon clubs needlessly via demotion.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Going Premier-first-second next season has no material affect on my club

But it would have potentially impacted Blackburn before the leagues were stopped. Now it doesn't you've changed your mind strangely. It's incredibly transparent. Just say you want what's best for Blackburn and Blackburn alone rather than acting like some benevolent paragon of virtue.

23 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Yep thanks for coming, you added a lot to the debate.

And whilst I'm responding, of course I want whats best for my club, its kind of what matters when you are involved in football.

You're being obstinate. Plenty reasonable suggestions you just point blank ignore or twist.

Vote when you have the chance and then support whatever happens.

and, F7ck Carole Baskin anaw

Agree, but no need to have cheap digs. This has nothing to do with my club as we would be unaffected if what you want came to pass, but it is possible to look at the bigger picture and not want any harm brought upon clubs needlessly via demotion.
Who has taken cheap digs? No one has taken a cheap dig burnie, this is an emotive topic, of course it is.

You don't want teams demoted, but at some stage they are going to be. My club voted to demote teams next year as did yours.That didn't pass at the time, by one vote I think.

But the situation has changed, the lay of the land has changed, shouldn't clubs get an opportunity to vote again? Weren't we all critical of the sjfa for not allowing their membership to vote again on matters, very similar to this, once circumstances had changed?

All you have been asked is why your stance is different now, nothing more.

You're being obstinate. Plenty reasonable suggestions you just point blank ignore or twist.
Vote when you have the chance and then support whatever happens.
and, F7ck Carole Baskin anaw
And I am equally as entitled to determine what I find reasonable for myself, just like you and everyone else. I am well aware what the suggestions are and haven't point blank ignored or twisted anything, my club will vote, whatever the outcome we will deal with it, then we will continue trying to progress, as we would regardless of where we play.

Just because I disagree with what others find reasonable doesn't make me unreasonable or twisted, it means that I have a different opinion and I don't mind debating my opinion.

What isn't helpful is when people who aren't interested in debating come into an open forum and demand people stop debating, which is what a forum is for.

But it would have potentially impacted Blackburn before the leagues were stopped. Now it doesn't you've changed your mind strangely. It's incredibly transparent. Just say you want what's best for Blackburn and Blackburn alone rather than acting like some benevolent paragon of virtue.
That doesn't even make sense. I wanted Premier-first-second for next season, it failed. However the proposal from the EoS board is a better solution to ending this season in the current circumstances IMO and the only option currently on offer to clubs. It's yes or no.

If it fails then an alternative needs found. If that turned out to be Premier-first-second next season then fine, it wont impact us either way, but it undeniably hurts some clubs by demoting them a tier which the EoS proposal doesn't, nobody is demoted a tier.

We should avoid demoting or relegating clubs where there is no reason to do so, regardless of who they are and what circumstance they were in at the suspension. Let's see what Friday brings.

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

And I am equally as entitled to determine what I find reasonable for myself, just like you and everyone else. I am well aware what the suggestions are and haven't point blank ignored or twisted anything, my club will vote, whatever the outcome we will deal with it, then we will continue trying to progress, as we would regardless of where we play.

Just because I disagree with what others find reasonable doesn't make me unreasonable or twisted, it means that I have a different opinion and I don't mind debating my opinion.

What isn't helpful is when people who aren't interested in debating come into an open forum and demand people stop debating, which is what a forum is for.

Sounds like Carole F7cking Baskin is getting under your skin too.

You're obviously triggered about the situation and should probably calm down a bit listen to what people are suggesting and then debate it. You have to listen to be able to make it a meaningful debate......

Cheers

Joe

40 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Bitter?  Only pointed out that with a third of the season left both HOB and Broxburn were in better form.  At no point did I say BU didn’t deserve to go up (despite being outplayed twice by the Brox oh and by the way BU didn’t beat us either 👍 nor HOB)  I only pointed out the HOB and Broxburn are the biggest losers in this as it stands.

FWIW I do hope BU do go up.  Like the fiasco last year with Bonnyrigg I believe whoever wins the EOS Premier should get promoted (along with the SOS champions and the WOSL Champions going forward).

You also stated the 3 biggest winners were the ones avoiding relegation. How can you state that when relegation hadn't even been confirmed to anybody ? 

There was still loads to play for so going by that it all shouldve been voided 🤷‍♂️

You also stated the 3 biggest winners were the ones avoiding relegation. How can you state that when relegation hadn't even been confirmed to anybody ? 
There was still loads to play for so going by that it all shouldve been voided [emoji2369]
Correct, if you say there was too much of a season left to decide to relegate you have to then apply that same approach to promotion, particularly when there was no one guaranteed promotion yet either.

You have to have a meaningful input and be able to read into what is being discussed, whilst also forming your own point of view, to be able to make it a meaningful adult debate......not just jump in and accuse others of not listening.

Cheers

Joe

Fixed that for you.

And in case you were wondering Burnieman and I often agree on plenty of things on the forum, and have had an open debate here. I'm sure we will still be on speaking terms, even though we disagree.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

There was still loads to play for so going by that it all shouldve been voided 🤷‍♂️

Then you are saying BU should not be awarded the title on PPG?

Nobody in any league should be awarded anything on guesswork. Null and void the whole thing is the only correct way to end it. It'll be tough on some granted but the season has not been completed no matter how far through or ahead some clubs were.

If they do decide to end it on some arbitrary method then nobody can claim to have won anything.

3 hours ago, chocolateankles said:

Seen Thornton a couple of times last season and are a good team could play in the premier easy and are getting a fence put up but could join eos even lower.  No very fair to me.

That's an entirely subjective view of course - only way to find out is when they start playing.

See they had to reapply for planning permission for the fence and lights as the old consent lapsed,  and there are objections this time round - things moving slowly at the council just now unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Nobody in any league should be awarded anything on guesswork. Null and void the whole thing is the only correct way to end it. It'll be tough on some granted but the season has not been completed no matter how far through or ahead some clubs were.

If they do decide to end it on some arbitrary method then nobody can claim to have won anything.

If the boot was on the other foot you would not be saying that. It’s taking a while but it was only a matter of time till one of you had a go.

However, if the powers that be decide to award the title to the Bu’s then that will be fine. Then again if not then that’ll be the end of the matter. That’s my honest opinion. Your is based on being bitter and twisted.