Season over

Couldn't agree more.

We've all seen promotions won and relegations escaped on goal difference in the past so IF the league avoids the Null and Void option then some clubs would miss out by tiny margins on say PPG. It's almost unavoidable for one or more clubs.

I think that clubs should be kept on the move up the divisions in the pyramid (if possible) but understand if it is felt that it would be very hard on clubs to suffer relegation in the circumstances.

The possibility of promotions without relegations might work provided divisions were reduced again in a year's time.

This is where the PPG argument with no relegation falls down for me.

There seems to be this acceptance that you can't relegate teams from the Premier who have had a poor season on PPG because you can't fairly identify 3 teams from 6 in relegation contention because any of them could reasonably still escape it.

But then the argument is you can, using the exact same methodology, pick 3 from 6 teams below who have had a good season, when the same applies, any of them could reasonably still win promotion.

Those, for me, are mutually exclusive arguments. Either you can use PPG to decide Promotion and Relegation, or you can't. It can't be unfair for one and fair for the other, that's just dumping on the teams at the lowest level who have had a successful season.

If there's no Relegation, saving all 6 teams in contention, then you have to, being consistent, promote all 6 teams in contention for promotion, even if just temporarily.

How about we promote everyone and have conferences next season[emoji848][emoji849]
To be honest, that's far fairer than promoting 3 on PPG and saving everyone from relegation mate. [emoji1787]

Mirror the WoSFL. [emoji846]

Doubt it would be an option, but I like the way you think.

There’s no easy decision, or fair decision, but imo you stop the leagues now, whoever is top goes up, ( but I don’t think they should be awarded the title) think it should go down in history as a voided season. aye teams might have games in hand etc but it’s all ifs and butts, that’s just the way it goes unfortunately. No relegation for anyone. It’s not ideal, it’s probably not fair on some teams(Bonnyrigg especially). Void all cups too.  

7 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Whatever the decision is, we will all have to move on. My biggest concern, selfishly for my club, is the sfa licence decisions. It has been a 10 to 12 year journey to get where we are and if we were not granted our licence it would be demoralising for the club, for many, many reasons

Not sure how the season end would affect your club license gaz?

Let's be honest, no matter the outcome there will be teams unhappy. I personally dont agree with PPG and I also dont agree with whoever's is top now. There are too many teams in with an opportunity of promotion (especially conference A) just to say whoever's top now. My team (oakley) IMO dont have a chance at going up as we would need too many favours. However we still have all the top sides to play and I certainly believe we would have some sort of say in who does win the league. I think the best solution is to end the season now but change the relegation structure next season to 4 down and both firsts and seconds automatically promoted.

10 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Whenever we can. 

Whether it is September, October or November you finish the season then decide how many games next season comprises depending on how many weeks you have left. 

Don't play any cups for a season if need be. As I asked earlier why shorten a season which is already three quarters complete in order to avoid starting next season late. 

So your not happy to shorten this season, but your happy to shorten next season ?? 
I don’t think anyone, throughout the whole world will play catch up later, it’s happening all over the world and UEFA will sanction it next. 
promotion and relegation is another conversation for a few weeks time but I personally think finish this one now. There’s a whole lot of subjects to be raised if null and voided that’s for sure and it all involves money which involves legality and no club will want to be part of, who are struggling at the moment with no games and income, not to mention players contracts etc ! 

Edited by buloyal

There’s no easy decision, or fair decision, but imo you stop the leagues now, whoever is top goes up, ( but I don’t think they should be awarded the title) think it should go down in history as a voided season. aye teams might have games in hand etc but it’s all ifs and butts, that’s just the way it goes unfortunately. No relegation for anyone. It’s not ideal, it’s probably not fair on some teams(Bonnyrigg especially). Void all cups too.  
So reduce the promotion spots and have no relegation, but use the current tables to promote only two teams instead of three, then not use the current tables to relegate anyone, because ones fair to use current tables and one isn't, using the same method?

I'm in total agreement with Stoosh on this one, PPG isn't even close to being applicable in the conference's as there were too many fixtures still too play and too much of an imbalance of fixtures played/outstanding.

I also agree that his side would have had a big say, despite having fallen too far back to be in the running themselves. They still had 3 of the 4 contenders to play, had just beaten the other and are (in my humble opinion) the best side we've played at Westfield all season, one of only two sides to beat us there and it was well deserved.

I think BurntIsland would have had a big say in the promotion race as well, another side for me in a false position in the table. Lothian still had them to play twice, and Kinnoull had them too.

Kinnoull also had to go to Haddington twice, anther very good side.

And Leith and Kinnoull had each other to play twice, meaning both PPG totals are "false" versus LTHV and Dunipace (as one or both would have to drop something had the played one fixture)

Tynecastle should go up regardless, as I think we'd all agree they had the job done bar the final maths.

Picking 2 fairly from the other 6? Impossible.

I like patriots idea, conferences again all round! [emoji1787]

27 minutes ago, buloyal said:

So your not happy to shorten this season, but your happy to shorten next season ?? 
I don’t think anyone, throughout the whole world will play catch up later, it’s happening all over the world and UEFA will sanction it next. 
promotion and relegation is another conversation for a few weeks time but I personally think finish this one now. There’s a whole lot of subjects to be raised if null and voided that’s for sure and it all involves money which involves legality and no club will want to be part of, who are struggling at the moment with no games and income, not to mention players contracts etc ! 

This is all a mute argument as it's obvious how this is going to pan out but in answer to your question shortening a season which hasn't begun is completely different to a three quarters finished season in which the teams have invested blood, sweat and tears, supporters have agonised over and which have many unresolved questions. 

I stated all this in a late night rant on Tuesday but the decision to stop the season now has caused much more controversy, bad feeling and PR damage than shortening next season would ever do. 

Not sure how the season end would affect your club license gaz?
It already has.

It was supposed to be ratified by the SFA last week, but they deferred everyone's decision as "not the right time under the circumstances" and "concerns of existing members".

No one who was passed in Feb by the licence board got approved last week as planned, because of the shutdown.

It wouldn't have been fully ratified till the AGM anyway, regardless of saying yay or nay last week, so the concern among applicants is that the deferral, as it made no difference last week to say yes, is to allow time to shift the goalposts as happened last season, first with floodlights then laterally with the dilution of membership to "associate".

Of course that may not be the case, people are assuming based on previous, but it remains that had it not been for the current situation the SFA board would have passed everyone last week as planned, we'd be waiting to be handed a certificate at AGM rather than waiting to see if it's being kiboshed or amended and we'd still be competing in the park for promotion.

I think that's what g4mac meant. Some club's could be in for a double whammy shit sandwich.

If there was I would be surprised that nothing has been leaked but the deafening silence would seem to say it all.
There was.

I suspect a few clubs are considering their response and what options, if any, they have available at the moment and others won't have been able to hit "yes please" quickly enough.

[emoji853]

6 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

There was.

I suspect a few clubs are considering their response and what options, if any, they have available at the moment and others won't have been able to hit "yes please" quickly enough.

emoji853.png

every proposal would be the same. Never keep everyone happy.

every proposal would be the same. Never keep everyone happy.

This is the worst of the many, many options available, in my opinion.

At least the SPFL applied a shitty methodology uniformly, rather than cherry pick where it was "fair" and where it wasn't.

And I disagree, it was absolutely possible to keep everyone happy, the EoS have shown over the last 3 years their ability to come up with innovative solutions to unique problems to do just that.

I expect this to pass, as it is weighted to (out of the box it favours 7 clubs and negatively impacts 4, the rest have little skin in the game but will understandably want a resolution) but that doesn't make it any less, well, shite.