Season over

Say Bo'ness get promoted with no one coming down. I would say just promote Tynecastle due to strongest PPG. Its unfair on everyone else but there's too many ifs and buts.

However, if the EoS Premier would also expand to 18 for a single season to promote additional teams. Kinnoull should be nowhere near it having only played 50% of their games.

Say Bo'ness get promoted with no one coming down. I would say just promote Tynecastle due to strongest PPG. Its unfair on everyone else but there's too many ifs and buts. However, if the EoS Premier would also expand to 18 for a single season to promote additional teams. Kinnoull should be nowhere near it having only played 50% of their games.

TBH I think Tynecastle should go up either way. It's not mathematically confirmed but we all knew it was going to be. 

I can't see anyone having an issue with that and would be well earned, for me, from Tynecastle.

My issue is with cherry picking using any method from the other teams chasing promotion. There's just no reasonable way to do it because of the structure of the conferences, how the fixtures have played out and how many games each have played.

Conference B is a little more straightforward as Inverkeithing and Glenrothes have played fairly equal fixtures in terms of number and opponent.

But in conference A there's literally a fag paper between the top 3 in terms of PPG and that is without doubt affected by who teams have played and where they have played them.

Kinnoull have the best PPG but they are due a points reduction (or at least should be) and still have 4 games to play against the current top 3.

2 of those games are against Leith, who they haven't played at all yet (see my point about fixtures imbalance) meaning both of their PPG are inflated in the promotion hunt as they couldn't possibly both maintain their averages with two fixtures against each other to play.

There are other examples of that, with Lothian having BurntIsland to play twice and Kinnoull having to play Haddington twice as well, both teams more than capable of beating anyone in the league.

In terms of home/away imbalance Leith have 9 games remaining and 7 of those are away from home. Their remaining home games are two really tough ones against Kinnoull (one of them has to drop points) and Haddington.

We still had to go to Tynecastle, Inverkeithing and Preston on inter conference fixtures.

If we were in a position where teams had played roughly the same number of games, roughly the same home and away split and everyone has played each other at least once (like for the most part the leagues above) then PPG may have been more applicable.

But given the above examples plus multiple more that's clearly not the case.

As I said, it would be shite because I'm sure all the club's thought they'd put themselves in a great position, we certainly did given his the fixtures had fallen, but it's either all 6 + Tynecastle, or just Tynecastle.

Anything else it's names out of a hat stuff.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Say Bo'ness get promoted with no one coming down...

Stranraer Reserves appear to have won the SoS very narrowly from Threave on PPG so there would only be one licensed champion (still to be rubber stamped at the SFA AGM obviously) under that scenario. So Bo'ness could be a straight replacement for Kelty in numbers terms, if the SPFL takes them and Brora. If not, and the LL expands in numbers terms they might want a second team from the EoS premier to reach 18.

Stranraer Reserves appear to have won the SoS very narrowly from Threave on PPG so there would only be one licensed champion (still to be rubber stamped at the SFA AGM obviously) under that scenario. So Bo'ness could be a straight replacement for Kelty in numbers terms, if the SPFL takes them and Brora. If not, and the LL expands in numbers terms they might want a second team from the EoS premier to reach 18.
Maybe not, as I expect Bo'ness just got the same email we did.

To say I'm scunnerred with Scottish football would be something of an understatement.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Screenshot_20200414_154846.jpg

I don't think that offers much of a precedent - they'd only played 4/5 matches (as it says), and they set up regional leagues instead.

The quandary this time is all because it was so near the end of the season, and no matches of any type have been possible.

What's happened now noone getting promoted 
Nothing on that from the EoS/LL as yet, but I expect Camelon got the same mail as ourselves and Bo'ness (as well as another few) today and are likely to be equally as perturbed.

My response was for Lurker suggesting Bo'ness promoted to the LL.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Nothing on that from the EoS/LL as yet, but I expect Camelon got the same mail as ourselves and Bo'ness (as well as another few) today and are likely to be equally as perturbed.

My response was for Lurker suggesting Bo'ness promoted to the LL.

Others have posted about it, no need to be so cryptic ;)

Let's hope this is just because the SFA board can't work out how to video call each other...

34 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I don't think that offers much of a precedent - they'd only played 4/5 matches (as it says), and they set up regional leagues instead.

The quandary this time is all because it was so near the end of the season, and no matches of any type have been possible.

Agreed, that post isn’t a great example as the timing, circumstances and format of the league system then were all far flung from the current position we find ourselves in. 

Others have posted about it, no need to be so cryptic [emoji6]

Not a chance that's all it is.

The communication itself is contradictory. Rightly pointing out that had it been approved it would still need to be rubber stamped at the AGM anyway, using that to highlight the deferral makes no difference while at the same time confirming that a yay at this point makes no odds to the outcome of the process as far as current members (referenced) are concerned either. It would still need to go to the AGM.

And the deliberate use of the word "should" in the last paragraph as opposed to "won't" is standard fare when hoping to convey one message while subtley leaving yourself the option of delivering another.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but to me it's a stalling message to allow time to make changes to ensure current members benefit over newcomers.

Given the completely unprecedented times we find ourselves in, I'd rather people were just upfront about that. The effort that it takes for small clubs to get to this stage should if nothing else show we're all committed to being positive members of the association.

As I say, I could be wrong and will happily concede that in June if it's the case, but many of us deal with these sorts of things day in, day out outside of football and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's more often than not a duck.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Couldn't pick a winner then. And can't this time. Still to many games to play, with many outcomes to be decided. (all leagues) 

Yet another case of Scottish Football making a complete arse of something that should have been quite simple.

This season should have been suspended until such time as it is possible to restart it then we play it to a finish and reduce the length of next season depending on how long we have left to complete it.

After all the effort, hard work, stress, agonising and excitement that went into the 2019-20 season we are told that much of it meant nothing. And why have we cut this season short? So we can start a season which has had none of the aforementioned qualities invested in it on time.

And what is the result of this decision? Controversy, division, possible legal action and boycotts.

Already we have seen Bonnyrigg, Rangers, Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and Dunipace air genuine grievances re this nonsense. If Hearts and Partick are relegated we may well see their supporters boycott away games with the financial hit that will entail for other clubs and the talk of Brechin being saved should be an absolute insult to those of us who have pushed for a working pyramid system.

Would there have been any of this controversy if the leagues had loaned out the prize money to clubs and announced the season would restart in the autumn? I suspect not.

And don't get me started in this null and void nonsense.

8 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Couldn't pick a winner then. And can't this time. Still to many games to play, with many outcomes to be decided. (all leagues) 

And of course your biased view would nothing to do with your main rivals being top and you not. I think you would have a different view if you were in the BU position right now.

9 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Yet another case of Scottish Football making a complete arse of something that should have been quite simple.

This season should have been suspended until such time as it is possible to restart it then we play it to a finish and reduce the length of next season depending on how long we have left to complete it.

After all the effort, hard work, stress, agonising and excitement that went into the 2019-20 season we are told that much of it meant nothing. And why have we cut this season short? So we can start a season which has had none of the aforementioned qualities invested in it on time.

And what is the result of this decision? Controversy, division, possible legal action and boycotts.

Already we have seen Bonnyrigg, Rangers, Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and Dunipace air genuine grievances re this nonsense. If Hearts and Partick are relegated we may well see their supporters boycott away games with the financial hit that will entail for other clubs and the talk of Brechin being saved should be an absolute insult to those of us who have pushed for a working pyramid system.

Would there have been any of this controversy if the leagues had loaned out the prize money to clubs and announced the season would restart in the autumn? I suspect not.

And don't get me started in this null and void nonsense.

I don't think we can disrupt the start of next season by trying to finish this season.  Let's face it, we have potentially 8 Junior clubs waiting to join plus Eyemouth, they will be left in the wilderness whilst the EoS try to finish this season and remember, there are clubs with 14-17 league games still to play, would take months.

Then the WoSFL is kicking off so they could be playing season 2020-2021 whilst we're still playing 2019-2020.

It really isn't practical for our level.   No comment on SPFL.

1 hour ago, buloyal said:

And of course your biased view would nothing to do with your main rivals being top and you not. I think you would have a different view if you were in the BU position right now.

Em, no I wouldn't. So what you are saying. From the sfa right down. They have handled this right? Null and void or finish this season when possible. They could shorten next season if done away with league Cup.