Season over

Why not swifts from conf B? 2nd by 4 points with a game in hand. Bit disrespectful...
I'm assuming he's done it based on the overall table at Tier 7 as things currently stand, if the season was stopped now, as the 4 he lists are the current top 4 in the 24 team table.

Given its a conference setup and teams are playing across the leagues I can see why that makes sense with not all games completed.

But TBH, I'm not sure there any fair way to look at it. At this stage only Tynecastle are assured a place in the "top 4" either way.

LTHV, Leith, Dunipace, Kinnoull, Inverkeithing and Glenrothes still all hunting the other spots, with Oakley arguably in Conf A as well with their games in hand.

36 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I'm assuming he's done it based on the overall table at Tier 7 as things currently stand, if the season was stopped now, as the 4 he lists are the current top 4 in the 24 team table.

Given its a conference setup and teams are playing across the leagues I can see why that makes sense with not all games completed.

But TBH, I'm not sure there any fair way to look at it. At this stage only Tynecastle are assured a place in the "top 4" either way.

LTHV, Leith, Dunipace, Kinnoull, Inverkeithing and Glenrothes still all hunting the other spots, with Oakley arguably in Conf A as well with their games in hand.

Now that's a fairer post lol although leith and dunipace played 4 and 5 games more

Edited by Swifty

Now that's a fairer post lol although leith and dunipace played 4 and 5 games more
Which is the issue for me. Too many games still to play, too many teams in with a shout and too many variables to say there are clear teams at the top of the league.

Sadly. Season scrapped for everyone.

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Can't imagine why a Blackburn fan would be so adamant that the season should be voided 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I see you're back with your unhinged red dot campaign. a couple of dozen at the last count.

Is that all you have to worry about to fill your sad little life?

It may go against your normal instincts, but at times like this, try being nice to people.

Edited by Burnie_man

Does anyone really think the season will finish, really not a hope in hell of that.
There are those that hope it can be completed when we are back to normal. Although that doesnt look like it will be 2020.

There are those that hope it can be completed when we are back to normal. Although that doesnt look like it will be 2020.
If we don't start again till 2021 then perhaps the best thing would be to complete this season.

It is, unfortunately, becoming a more and more likely scenario that we'll be nowhere near Football in July or August at the very least.

Hi Just an opinion but many of the games to be played are irrelevant in one way or another.

When games restart the league could run a mini league to decide promotion and relegation a bit like the conference playoffs last year.  Realistically only 3 sides could win the premier and possibly 4 if you include Jeanfield).

Likewise the Nitten would almost certainly have gone down, therefore it’s probably between 2 from 4. 

Likewise in the Conference Tynecastle we certainties for promotion plus two from four others.

So if you relegate Nitten and promote Tynecastle you have 3 mini playoffs of 4 teams.  

You can then look at the current standings and include some kind of seedings in the playoffs such as for the Premier league winner HOB play Bo’ness and Broxburn play Jeanfield. The winner of the first tie goes to a playoff final and the loser plays the winner of the Brox/Swifts tie for the other playoff final spot. The winner of the play off final gets promotion.  You can do a similar thing for relegation and Conferences.

Only a thought but it would simplify the number of games to be played for this season and would at least give teams who are better off some sort of advantage.

There are more than four clubs still in with a shout of promotion from the conferences. Let's face it though, football isnt starting again anytime soon. May and June are very optimistic I'd say based on current info that september is when some form of nor ality may resume.

14 hours ago, G4Mac said:

There are more than four clubs still in with a shout of promotion from the conferences. Let's face it though, football isnt starting again anytime soon. May and June are very optimistic I'd say based on current info that september is when some form of nor ality may resume.

I agree with your time frame that it will be September hence trying to curtail this season.

if there are more than 4 teams in the conferences then you can apply the same principle just expand it a little. In the section with Tynecastle you are playing for the play off spot in the other section you are playing for the auto promotion and the playoff spot.

you can have a Club 12 (or whatever) scenario for the fixtures and the rest of the teams can get back to business at the same time.  If teams playing in the playoffs end up in the same league these can also count as league results for the next season so they do not fall as far behind.

There's no point in making a decision on the leagues yet. 

Until the SPFL decides what to do with their leagues we won't know what is going to happen with Promotion from the LL which has an effect on the EOS promotion. The HL was different because they have no relegation. 

Besides, how can we make any decisions when we don't know how long this crisis is going to go on. 

For me even if we can't start again until September we finish the is season then have a truncated 20-21 campaign. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, John S said:

Scottish football suspended until June 10 apparently.

Cut and pasted from the BBC website today:-

The Scottish football season has been pushed further back with all games suspended until at least 10 June.

The SPFL campaign was halted on 13 March because of the coronavirus pandemic and had been originally stopped until 30 April.

However, no football will be played for at least three months, with member clubs also set to vote this week on ending the lower league season now.

The suspension applies to professional and recreational levels of the game.

"The message is very clear," said Scottish FA president Rod Petrie. "The government restrictions introduced to save lives must be adhered to and there is no prospect of an early resumption of training, let alone organised football in Scotland for several weeks.

"The decision to suspend all football until at least 10 June is to help clubs ensure the safety and wellbeing of players, staff and supporters as well as take steps to mitigate their costs