Season over

I'm just calling it how I see it, you need to deal with the reality of the situation and we're not going to be playing football anytime soon.

If the Govt is about to advise the over 70's to reduce their social interaction for 4 months, and are looking at shutting down non-essential services eg. all shops apart from supermarkets and pharmacies, people working from home or not at all, and telling us that herd immunity is their intention ie most people get it, then you have to ask yourself about the reality of this season continuing.

The Ross County Chairman said yesterday we would struggle to get the new season started on time, let alone complete this one.  Personally I think there needs to be a reasonably early call on this so clubs, players, officials and fans know where they stand.

I'm choking for a game of football as much as anyone else BTW, but we need to be sensible.

I agree with most of this but let’s just remain objective. Unlikely yes, but it might just mean we get going again with no over 70s attending games for all we know. From what the news are reporting this morning, herd immunity is NOT the approach they’re intending to take. Either way though, the ongoing indecision of the powers-that-be is enough of a stress. Personally I wish they’d just announce a fucking lockdown for a fortnight and take it from there. The virus is almost a second thought now and it’s the uncertainty of everything that’s the worst bit and worrying everyone because of our dickhead politicians pissing around.

1 minute ago, albynpark said:

Clubs will have to suck that up and manage that, all clubs will be in the same position so that's fair. But you shouldn't have a void season when there's a solution to this, it's grossly unfair to teams like Bo'ness who have put resources and effort to be where they are and to other teams who have put themselves in good positions. They should all have a shot at the title while not having it given to them.  I can't see a competitive game until well  after October  after a pre warm-up period, it could even be next year! mix in a local league cup with neighbouring teams, we've got enough fixtures. Apart from contracts, It doesn't disrupt next season if it's not started until 2021

You can't have a never ending season for reasons I posted earlier, if what you say turns out to be correct on date of resumption, then all the more reason to void this season and start afresh when we can.

The South of Scotland League voided season 2000-2001 due to foot and mouth, it was suspended in February, so there's your precedent right there.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I agree with most of this but let’s just remain objective. Unlikely yes, but it might just mean we get going again with no over 70s attending games for all we know. From what the news are reporting this morning, herd immunity is NOT the approach they’re intending to take but either way, the ongoing work indecision of the powers that be is enough of a stress. Personally I wish they’d just announce a fucking lockdown for a fortnight and take it from there. The virus is almost a second thought now and it’s the uncertainty of everything because of dickhead politicians pissing around is what’s most brutal and worrying everyone.

It's a fast changing picture that's for sure, and politicians playing games isn't helpful.

4-5 months without any football isn't a prospect I'm looking forward to 😵

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You can't have a never ending season for reasons I posted earlier, if what you say turns out to be correct on date of resumption, then all the more reason to void this season and start afresh when we can.

The South of Scotland League voided season 2000-2001 due to foot and mouth, it was suspended in February, so there's your precedent right there

But why void it if there's other options on the table?. You do seem very eager to void this season. 

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What options are on the table?

The option I just said.  We will have to wait to see what happens then the options will be more obvious and the lead will come from the top leagues.

7 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

What happened to the leagues in 1940?

Voided, but it was pretty early in the season.

The SoSFL voided their season in 2001 due to foot and mouth, that was in the February. No titles awarded.

Everyone has a different solution and every solution has it's merits as well as a downside. At the end of the day, we just have to wait and see how long this takes to blow over and make the correct call then. 

The most likely outcome is that it's going to last for months, maybe August, September, who knows?

All the complications of players moving clubs, you could have a situation where a player scores a goal for his new club against his old club, thereby denying his old club the title and himself a medal. 

Personally, I'd like to see season completed someway but we'll just have to wait and see. 

End the season now. Crown Celtic champions so they have 9IAR but select Rangers to represent Scotland in the Champions League as they had the best run this season in Europe of any Scottish team.

Hopefully both sets of fans could see that this is reasonably fair and agree to it.

On second thoughts, maybe not.

End the season now. Crown Celtic champions so they have 9IAR but select Rangers to represent Scotland in the Champions League as they had the best run this season in Europe of any Scottish team.
Hopefully both sets of fans could see that this is reasonably fair and agree to it.
On second thoughts, maybe not.
With all due respect, who gives a flying f*ck about Rangers and Celtic, this is an EoS forum.

That said, neither of them have ever done anything in the best interests of Scottish Football, so I'd rather see Aberdeen or Killie put forward for Europe and make it a shared league title between them to see them kill each other over 9IAR claims just for bants.

9 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

With all due respect, who gives a flying f*ck about Rangers and Celtic, this is an EoS forum.

That said, neither of them have ever done anything in the best interests of Scottish Football, so I'd rather see Aberdeen or Killie put forward for Europe and make it a shared league title between them to see them kill each other over 9IAR claims just for bants.

'Hopefully both sets of fans could see that this is reasonably fair and agree to it.'

You think that was a remotely serious post? Both sets of fans agreeing on anything?

'Hopefully both sets of fans could see that this is reasonably fair and agree to it.'
You think that was a remotely serious post? Both sets of fans agreeing on anything?
I think regardless of how serious it was or wasn't it's in the wrong forum. No one here cares about nor has been talking about the old firm.

Suspend the season until the start date of next season. Complete the majority of games in August and September to tie up the various issues - pro/rel ( so no need for a mid table team to have to complete ALL 16 remaining games).

Have a brief hiatus (2-3 weeks) to rejig leagues for pro/ rel and start again towards the end of October. Then be creative with the set up of the fixtures for the coming season ( splits etc) to ensure that sorting integrity is kept without teams being asked to fit more than a full season into August to May.

What is often overlooked in all of this are players and their families.  When exactly can they head away on holiday? they're not going to be able to anytime soon by the looks of it, it could well be August or later before countries open up fully, yet people want them to jump into 2 games a week for 8-10 weeks to finish off a season then bounce straight into another.

Then of course there's the can of worms that is player contracts.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

What is often overlooked in all of this are players and their families.  When exactly can they head away on holiday? they're not going to be able to anytime soon by the looks of it, it could well be August or later before countries open up fully, yet people want them to jump into 2 games a week for 8-10 weeks to finish off a season then bounce straight into another.

Then of course there's the can of worms that is player contracts.

Not often I agree with wee burnie but I think he is spot on here, season will have to be declared void due to exceptional circumstances and the new season begins when it is safe to do so, probably August at the earliest.

3 hours ago, gaz5 said:
3 hours ago, Lee Van Tee said:

I think regardless of how serious it was or wasn't it's in the wrong forum. No one here cares about nor has been talking about the old firm.

Someone can't take a  whoosh.