Season over

Going by how many games some teams still had to play - my team included -  before the suspension I’ll be surprised if this season’s not a write off.

EDIT - @FairWeatherFan I have to agree with you on that, cup runs are nice but if we get started again I’d prefer the league season done.

Edited by Ormi

Going by how many games some teams still had to play - my team included -  before the suspension I’ll be surprised if this season’s not a write off.
EDIT - [mention=34447]FairWeatherFan[/mention] I have to agree with you on that, cup runs are nice but if we get started again I’d prefer the league season done.
First time we've got to a semi final for over 20 years. [emoji853]

Have to say, as much as I understand it and health obviously has to come first, not disagreeing with the decision, if the season is a write off I'll be gutted. Our best season in about 30 years. Might have come to nothing naturally, in the end, but not to get to find out will be a real kick in the baws.

We're not the only ones in that position either, definitely would be some big winners and some big losers.

Ah well. Hope everyone's ok, that's the main thing.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Apparently we're not anywhere near the peak of this virus yet in the UK, and it may be 6-8 weeks away. They're not going to resume football in the meantime, season is gubbed.

This.

Apparently April could be a write off before things slow down a bit in May. If that is right you are looking at considering a decision at beginning of June and maybe starting playing in the middle of June. A decision will be made long before then to scrub the season.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Apparently we're not anywhere near the peak of this virus yet in the UK, and it may be 6-8 weeks away. They're not going to resume football in the meantime, season is gubbed.

They said 10-14 weeks yesterday for the peak with cases expected to be high for around 9 weeks either side.

Potentially you are looking at August/September being a bogey, never mind this season

I reckon all seasons that run from around August to May are gubbed. The womens and girls season has just started though so they’ll probably be able to resume without too many issues. (The break in July might go though)

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

They said 10-14 weeks yesterday for the peak with cases expected to be high for around 9 weeks either side.

Potentially you are looking at August/September being a bogey, never mind this season

Ok Medical Alert- They have no clue, as does nobody- Hearts are down , which is actually very funny- Wonder if Naismith will do a runner again

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok Medical Alert- They have no clue, as does nobody- Hearts are down , which is actually very funny- Wonder if Naismith will do a runner again

Ok SPFL alert - this isn't an SPFL thread.............

The new season is due to start on 25th July.

If the season is binned (and I really can't see any other outcome at the moment), if the situation is improved by June, then kick the season off on 4th July, with pre-season games in June.

Get clubs back on the pitch earlier and stretch the season out, could even have a winter break in January.