Jerry Macguire

COVID 19 Mass gatherings over 500 to be banned from Monday

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

And? It’s far from ideal but it’s less bonkers than ‘just pretend these 28 games haven’t happened or not bother with the remaining games.

far more just for teams to win/lose because their squad is different than to have it decided off the field.

It’s unprecedented times, so we’ll agree to disagree. 

So we agree. Play all the games or, if we can't, the season should be voided?

I am saying all games should be played, even if it means a different format next season.

41 minutes ago, A Believer said:

So we agree. Play all the games or, if we can't, the season should be voided?

Voiding is my least favored option. Any other solution is better.

Restart and finish all seasons in aug and sep (at least til the formal issues resolved).

Have a short 3 week close season. Start new season in late October. Use premiership (or rugby league super league) type splits to help shorten the league season - where necessary.

Premiership in Scotland - play everyone twice then split. 27 games plus the 8/9/10 in aug/sep.

Champ- league 2, play everyone 3 times, 27 games plus the 8/9/10 in aug/sep.

Lowland - EoS Prem 30 games season. Reduce the local cups. Plus the remaining current season fixtures til issues resolved.

Conferences in WoSL and EoSL can then be as creative as they need to be, perhaps using various other models from different sports detailed above.

Each of these would mean that in the spell from start of August to end of May teams would play between 35-40 (ish) league games*

*if minor cups took a one year sabbatical

Same would apply to English system if anyone’s interested

This season tied up in August and September.

Then everyone plays each other once. Then split down the middle and play the teams in your half again. 28 games plus the amount left this year. No need to remove any cups.

I expect the call from
Sky sports at any time soon

1 minute ago, surely not! said:

Same would apply to English system if anyone’s interested emoji6.png

This season tied up in August and September.

Then everyone plays each other once. Then split down the middle and play the teams in your half again. 28 games plus the amount left this year. No need to remove any cups.

I expect the call from
Sky sports at any time soon

Tell them you got paid off, they might let you keep it for a few months.

As things are progressing rapidly let's make sure everyone is okay and if anyone needs help they get it. Over the coming months this forum may well become the only social interaction some people will get. Let's keep things friendly and welcoming. Argue and debate all you want but let's keep it civilised. 

21 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I dont care what we do at the top of the table but please relegate the bottom club

Why?

C’mon The Rose 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

As things are progressing rapidly let's make sure everyone is okay and if anyone needs help they get it. Over the coming months this forum may well become the only social interaction some people will get. Let's keep things friendly and welcoming. Argue and debate all you want but let's keep it civilised. 

Well said!!!

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:48, selfassemblyshire said:

I dont care what we do at the top of the table but please relegate the bottom club

We?

Edited by gogsy

The SLFL has officially announced that the Lowland League Cup won't be held this year, which is probably to the surprise of no one, but I guess had never been outright stated.

On the minuscule 0.001% chance that football at this level is back up and running by then those dates will be needed to finish the season. 

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced financial assistance with Wages.

I wonder whether clubs at Tier 5 are in a position/eligible to receive this assistance or, indeed benefit from the many other means of assistance which are being brought in more or less straight away?

Does anyone out there know? Could it help semi-pro football clubs?

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced financial assistance with Wages.

I wonder whether clubs at Tier 5 are in a position/eligible to receive this assistance or, indeed benefit from the many other means of assistance which are being brought in more or less straight away?

Does anyone out there know? Could it help semi-pro football clubs?

My understanding is that it’s to retain jobs with the government paying up to 80% of wages if companies are struggling to keep workers on the payroll up to a max of £2500 per month per person who can’t work because of covid don’t quote me on that as haven’t fully read it properly as will have to get my head round it for my buisness, meaning I guess that no one should lose their job hopefully because of this virus , personally think after watching the nightmare scenarios in the Italian hospitals the shit has still to hit the fan and we will be in full lockdown by end of next week 

be sensible and stay safe all 🙏🏻

Wonder how this will apply to PT players whose wage from football is not their main source of income?

If clubs at this level can still get this money from the government then great, it should aleviate a bit of the financial worries to come

RUGBY " YAWNION " & RUGBY LEAGUE , CRICKET & FIELD HOCKEY ALSO IN CASH CRISIS. IF FOOTY CLUBS GET WESTMINSTER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SO SHOULD THEY 

Restart and finish all seasons in aug and sep (at least til the formal issues resolved).

Have a short 3 week close season. Start new season in late October. Use premiership (or rugby league super league) type splits to help shorten the league season - where necessary.

Premiership in Scotland - play everyone twice then split. 27 games plus the 8/9/10 in aug/sep.

Champ- league 2, play everyone 3 times, 27 games plus the 8/9/10 in aug/sep.

Lowland - EoS Prem 30 games season. Reduce the local cups. Plus the remaining current season fixtures til issues resolved.

Conferences in WoSL and EoSL can then be as creative as they need to be, perhaps using various other models from different sports detailed above.

Each of these would mean that in the spell from start of August to end of May teams would play between 35-40 (ish) league games*

*if minor cups took a one year sabbatical

Raith chairman has informed fans on Raith TV that he does not expect football until at least October. where this has come from wasn't asked but if it's behind stated then there must be something to it.