Jump to content
Jerry Macguire

COVID 19 Mass gatherings over 500 to be banned from Monday

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

English PFA reject voiding the season !!!

Do they decide these sort of things? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Do they decide these sort of things? 

I would have thought it is for each individual league body to decide a course of action based upon their own set of circumstances.

People musing on twitter about Leagues and Associations waiting for UEFA to tell them what to do, it's a bit of a cop out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I would have thought it is for each individual league body to decide a course of action based upon their own set of circumstances.

People musing on twitter about Leagues and Associations waiting for UEFA to tell them what to do, it's a bit of a cop out.

Yeah but the PFA is the players union. Don't think they decide anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know ins and outs just heard it on news so assuming players want to finish season and surely they should have some sort of input in the final outcome 🤔??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Yeah but the PFA is the players union. Don't think they decide anything.  

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of what the outcome is there will be no doubt be plans from A-Z as no one can call a timeline on this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the First Ministers presser today she said the football season is over.

If (when) they shut the schools they'll have to do so for 3 months - people just need to look at the scientific information to see that we wont be watching live football until at least August and as a by product of that there is no way this season can be finished and then next season completed by next June.

Someone somewhere has to make hard decisions about voiding or taking current places as the final standings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever the “big” leagues do, cannot be copied by leagues at our level? There are to many variables to consider before even thinking about finishing the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Believer said:
4 hours ago, lowenan said:
It's not fair to cancel the season. The only fair thing is to finish the season. 

I gave a rationale, if I may, what's yours? I'm genuinely interested.

Teams have played the matches, invested in the season. Some with success, some without. That’s part of football. Take away promotion and relegation, take away everything we have played for, and not much is left. And if Corona second wave comes next March, will we void again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lowenan said:

Teams have played the matches, invested in the season. Some with success, some without. That’s part of football. Take away promotion and relegation, take away everything we have played for, and not much is left. And if Corona second wave comes next March, will we void again?

How long do you allow for the 2019-20 season to be finished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

How long do you allow for the 2019-20 season to be finished?

As long as needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

As long as needed

That's just not practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teams have played the matches, invested in the season. Some with success, some without. That’s part of football. Take away promotion and relegation, take away everything we have played for, and not much is left. And if Corona second wave comes next March, will we void again?
Playing and investing, with success and failure IS part if football; if all the games have been played. An arbitrary you go up and you go down without anyone having the chance to succeed or fail through actually playing all the games is just wrong.

I don't know what we should do if we get Covid-20, or any other disaster. Right now, I just think you either play all games or void.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Yeah but the PFA is the players union. Don't think they decide anything.  

I would imagine if they were pretty unanimous in saying they don't feel safe playing then that would make the governing body listen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

As long as needed

Teams may look radically different in terms of personnel in 5 months time. What about all the players who will join new clubs, signed pre contracts etc. Teams won’t be able to finish this season on equal terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Believer said:

Playing and investing, with success and failure IS part if football; if all the games have been played. An arbitrary you go up and you go down without anyone having the chance to succeed or fail through actually playing all the games is just wrong.

I don't know what we should do if we get Covid-20, or any other disaster. Right now, I just think you either play all games or void.

I am saying all games should be played, even if it means a different format next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Teams may look radically different in terms of personnel in 5 months time. What about all the players who will join new clubs, signed pre contracts etc. Teams won’t be able to finish this season on equal terms.

And? It’s far from ideal but it’s less bonkers than ‘just pretend these 28 games haven’t happened or not bother with the remaining games.

far more just for teams to win/lose because their squad is different than to have it decided off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...