COVID 19 Mass gatherings over 500 to be banned from Monday

Jerry Macguire

Just looking at this new lockdown routemap: 

Stage 3 (of 4, with 4 being the last stage) states "live events permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing restrictions".

Obviously no date on this, and any second wave would push us back into lockdown, but that could be a way for grounds to re-open for fans. Do-able for lower league sides with low attendances (Shire could get everyone a few rows of TFS to themselves). 

Edited by AlansHotBath

15 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Just looking at this new lockdown routemap: 

Stage 3 (of 4, with 4 being the last stage) states "live events permitted with restricted numbers and physical distancing restrictions".

Obviously no date on this, and any second wave would push us back into lockdown, but that could be a way for grounds to re-open for fans. Do-able for lower league sides with low attendances (Shire could get everyone a few rows of TFS to themselves). 

5E640AA9-AF21-48CC-BCB5-0BB71880EA7E.jpeg

On 11 April 2020 at 20:15, MAC THE KNIFE said:

AS IF THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY VOTING INTIMIDATION IN PREVIOUS LEAGUE VOTES BY THE GRUESOME GLASGOW BASED PAIR !!! TAKE IT TOO FAR & THEY MIGHT GET EXPELLED FROM THE LEAGUE FOR MISCONDUCT AGAINST THE LEAGUE. 

Redneck from the backend of nowhere gets first computer.

On 21/05/2020 at 13:58, Tutankhamen said:

You still banned from Kelty home games?

He’s not banned  he just sits at home on his keyboard/phone trolling the Football updates and makes comment and digs at people and clubs.

C’mon The Rose 

Edited by bravehearts dad
Addition

8 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

He’s not banned  he just sits at home on his keyboard/phone trolling the Football updates and makes comment and digs at people and clubs.

Gogsy kens his stuff I think the comment 3 above yours was justified though could've been a bit more tactful oh and must be a 1st post from ye no mentioning yer beloved Rose :P

Redneck from the backend of nowhere gets first computer.

Mac has sight issues mate. Which is why everything he posts is in rather large capital letters. Either that or he is always angry and likes to express it in type form. Take your pick.

On 22/05/2020 at 10:27, newcastle broon said:

Gogsy kens his stuff I think the comment 3 above yours was justified though could've been a bit more tactful oh and must be a 1st post from ye no mentioning yer beloved Rose :P

Thanks for the reminder. Now corrected. Getting out of practice wi nae footie going on.

Our thoughts are with your club and the family of Derek Waterson at this time.

C’mon The Rose 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines

This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:

Saturday 06 Jun 2020

Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

• Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

1 hour ago, Dev said:

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines

This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:

Saturday 06 Jun 2020

Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

• Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

It is interesting and hopefully we'll follow suit somewhere along the line. However neither the Scottish Government nor the SFA have shown much in the way of desire to get things progressed so I'm not holding my breath.

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

It is interesting and hopefully we'll follow suit somewhere along the line. However neither the Scottish Government nor the SFA have shown much in the way of desire to get things progressed so I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed, sadly, and Ireland hasn't been as badly affected by covid-19 so they are ahead of the game. However, the NIFA has looked at this and come up with a plan so this makes it easier for others (Scotland, England & Wales) to follow whenever the situation improves enough. 

There's no excuse for failing to make draft plans for the return of football and it would help clubs at all levels and age groups to start making preparations  now for that.

25 minutes ago, alzar7 said:

This is pie in the sky stuff. 

Northern Ireland and republic are totally different to scotland so is all irrelevant. 

The top flight in scotland will be lucky to be back with no fans august listen to radio scotland podcast from yesterday as you will hear exactly why no football in the lower senior and non league will be getting played this calendar year. 

People need to get heads around this and deal with it. 

Thanks for your positive in-put.

2 minutes ago, Dev said:

Agreed, sadly, and Ireland hasn't been as badly affected by covid-19 so they are ahead of the game. However, the NIFA has looked at this and come up with a plan so this makes it easier for others (Scotland, England & Wales) to follow whenever the situation improves enough. 

There's no excuse for failing to make draft plans for the return of football and it would help clubs at all levels and age groups to start making preparations  now for that.

Agreed entirely.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen that League 1 and 2 plan to begin their season on October 17th so surely the LL will be planning for then too. The Government still saying that there will be no fans before October but hopefully if the progress that is being made continues then fans will be back by that start date. All football in North and Eastern Europe have some fans back so I see no reason why that won't be the case here. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem at any ground, so long as people spaced out around the ground at places like Kelty/Bonnyrigg.

The main problem I see is how many games our league will run with. SPFL are going with 27 while we are supposed to play 32 plus any cup games.  Added in the fact that we need to finish the league two weeks before the SPFL to accommodate the play offs and its clear to see that a 32 game season is not viable unless teams are prepared to play a lot of midweek games. 

Maybe a split after one round wouldn't be the worst idea. Top 8 and bottom 9 would give 23 and 24 games for each half and a lot of competitive games to end the year. Who knows, just glad that proper football is getting closer to returning 👍

Read that people  must stand with their mates at the game, can't they just do the right thing,so we can all enjoy the game coming back. It's gonna be hard for the clubs anyway, just hope everyone can behave - unlike the pub dickheads 🍻  If the players feel safe then we the fans should be ok. With the spfl trying to restart, will there be a winter break ?

Just now, Andy groundhopper said:

Read that people  must stand with their mates at the game, can't they just do the right thing,so we can all enjoy the game coming back. It's gonna be hard for the clubs anyway, just hope everyone can behave - unlike the pub dickheads 🍻  If the players feel safe then we the fans should be ok. With the spfl trying to restart, will there be a winter break ?

No winter break mate 

On 03/07/2020 at 13:20, craigiemack said:

Just seen that League 1 and 2 plan to begin their season on October 17th so surely the LL will be planning for then too. The Government still saying that there will be no fans before October but hopefully if the progress that is being made continues then fans will be back by that start date. All football in North and Eastern Europe have some fans back so I see no reason why that won't be the case here. Social distancing shouldn't be a problem at any ground, so long as people spaced out around the ground at places like Kelty/Bonnyrigg.

The main problem I see is how many games our league will run with. SPFL are going with 27 while we are supposed to play 32 plus any cup games.  Added in the fact that we need to finish the league two weeks before the SPFL to accommodate the play offs and its clear to see that a 32 game season is not viable unless teams are prepared to play a lot of midweek games. 

Maybe a split after one round wouldn't be the worst idea. Top 8 and bottom 9 would give 23 and 24 games for each half and a lot of competitive games to end the year. Who knows, just glad that proper football is getting closer to returning 👍

No chance of reducing the league program  imo. If we start at the beginning of October and run to the middle of May that’s plenty of time to get the league played. I suspect some cup competitions will need to be sacrificed including our own league cup but I also expect to see an increase in the number of mid week fixtures.

14 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No chance of reducing the league program  imo. If we start at the beginning of October and run to the middle of May that’s plenty of time to get the league played. I suspect some cup competitions will need to be sacrificed including our own league cup but I also expect to see an increase in the number of mid week fixtures.

The last round of the SPFL Premiership is the weekend of May 15th. Typically the other SPFL playoffs start about two weeks before that? So you get the cascade effect due to the way the playoffs work that the HL/LL are having to finish before the end of April.

The league can certainly finish in time with a complete 32 game schedule. If it starts on time. The LL Cup is just an end of season affair. With 17 clubs you just exclude the Champion rather than them skipping the competition. Maybe have the clubs avoid the Qualifying Cup and Southern Counties Cups. Then its just the Scottish and SCC to basically focus on during the league season.

Definitely needs to be an increase in midweek matches to get things ticking over, some of the cups don't need to be played and crowds of under 500 must be manageable,so long as fans co-operate with guidelines. That's my only fear, already seen the pub idiots coming out of hibernation and acting like clowns.,