COVID 19 Mass gatherings over 500 to be banned from Monday

Jerry Macguire

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Do they decide these sort of things? 

I would have thought it is for each individual league body to decide a course of action based upon their own set of circumstances.

People musing on twitter about Leagues and Associations waiting for UEFA to tell them what to do, it's a bit of a cop out.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I would have thought it is for each individual league body to decide a course of action based upon their own set of circumstances.

People musing on twitter about Leagues and Associations waiting for UEFA to tell them what to do, it's a bit of a cop out.

Yeah but the PFA is the players union. Don't think they decide anything.  

At the First Ministers presser today she said the football season is over.

If (when) they shut the schools they'll have to do so for 3 months - people just need to look at the scientific information to see that we wont be watching live football until at least August and as a by product of that there is no way this season can be finished and then next season completed by next June.

Someone somewhere has to make hard decisions about voiding or taking current places as the final standings.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:
4 hours ago, lowenan said:
It's not fair to cancel the season. The only fair thing is to finish the season. 

I gave a rationale, if I may, what's yours? I'm genuinely interested.

Teams have played the matches, invested in the season. Some with success, some without. That’s part of football. Take away promotion and relegation, take away everything we have played for, and not much is left. And if Corona second wave comes next March, will we void again?

1 minute ago, lowenan said:

Teams have played the matches, invested in the season. Some with success, some without. That’s part of football. Take away promotion and relegation, take away everything we have played for, and not much is left. And if Corona second wave comes next March, will we void again?

How long do you allow for the 2019-20 season to be finished?

Playing and investing, with success and failure IS part if football; if all the games have been played. An arbitrary you go up and you go down without anyone having the chance to succeed or fail through actually playing all the games is just wrong.

I don't know what we should do if we get Covid-20, or any other disaster. Right now, I just think you either play all games or void.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

As long as needed

Teams may look radically different in terms of personnel in 5 months time. What about all the players who will join new clubs, signed pre contracts etc. Teams won’t be able to finish this season on equal terms.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

Playing and investing, with success and failure IS part if football; if all the games have been played. An arbitrary you go up and you go down without anyone having the chance to succeed or fail through actually playing all the games is just wrong.

I don't know what we should do if we get Covid-20, or any other disaster. Right now, I just think you either play all games or void.

I am saying all games should be played, even if it means a different format next season.

5 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Teams may look radically different in terms of personnel in 5 months time. What about all the players who will join new clubs, signed pre contracts etc. Teams won’t be able to finish this season on equal terms.

And? It’s far from ideal but it’s less bonkers than ‘just pretend these 28 games haven’t happened or not bother with the remaining games.

far more just for teams to win/lose because their squad is different than to have it decided off the field.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

And? It’s far from ideal but it’s less bonkers than ‘just pretend these 28 games haven’t happened or not bother with the remaining games.

far more just for teams to win/lose because their squad is different than to have it decided off the field.

It’s unprecedented times, so we’ll agree to disagree.