COVID 19 Mass gatherings over 500 to be banned from Monday

Jerry Macguire

1 minute ago, Mucho said:

I’ve spoken more sense in that week than you all season buddy. Not a Kelty fan either but I’m sure they have the finances to deal with the current situation and go again next season no matter the outcome. There’s a wee club who will struggle to survive with no income for the next 3 months. Looking forward to your input then.

Wow, what an attitude.

34 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You've been a member here for less than a week, and are a Kelty fan with an equally vested interest in a certain outcome. You're not being promoted, try and deal with it a bit better.

Kelty to take legal action on not being promoted? 🤣

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

You could argue it both ways though. For some not getting promoted will be as impactful as relegation.

It can be argued both ways, but I guess the leagues will want to avoid anything like threats of legal action as much as possible.

With football unlikely before August or even later, the chances of this season finishing is almost zero.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It can be argued both ways, but I guess the leagues will want to avoid anything like threats of legal action as much as possible.

With football unlikely before August or even later, the chances of this season finishing is almost zero.

Reading analysis of the likely future outcomes, it would seem that the second wave in the Autumn might be worse than what is about to hit us. I really dont know how you plan to finish a season, or plan to start another one, or even when things are likely to be normal again.

Edited by BS7

34 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Reading analysis of the likely future outcomes, it would seem that the second wave in the Autumn might be worse than what is about to hit us. I really dont know how you plan to finish a season, or plan to start another one, or even when things are likely to be normal again.

There are reports from Japan that someone has the virus a second time, possibly a second strain.  There are also opinions that if this outbreak isn't dealt with in the right manner there could be a second wave. It's all largely guesswork though.

I agree that trying to finish a season would be largely impossible under those circumstances, as you say it's very difficult to predict just when you can safely give the green light to start kicking a ball about again.

You restart the league. A player is then diagnosed with COVID 19. His entire team is then quarantined along with the squads of any opponents.

The season is done. The only uncertainty is how will the league's handle this. They either void the season or hand out trophies, promote and relegate teams who have as yet won or lost nothing. Next few weeks should be interesting. 

42 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Reading analysis of the likely future outcomes, it would seem that the second wave in the Autumn might be worse than what is about to hit us....

That was the case with the Spanish flu of 1918 because it mutated into a more virulent form.

The NHS will have had time to get more ventilators by then though and if we are very lucky a vaccine so might be easier to cope with in the present day than it was a century ago.

Bottom line is that there will probably still be issues later in the year so trying to deal with two seasons from August onwards is a recipe for chaos.

The same problem can come in August, December or March next year. Agreed. That's an even better argument for finishing this season, whenever possible. If not, we might end up with two voided seasons. 

23 minutes ago, Mucho said:

Been told from a reliable source that Scottish football will stop until September. League standings will be final, there will  be no closed door games due to Insurance’s not covering the risks of catching the virus from playing. The league cup will not run next season but the Scottish cup will start in September.

Yip, everyone has read Gavin Wallace on Twitter tonight. 😀

7 minutes ago, Mucho said:

Yip, the post you have deleted was pretty much word for word the same as the text I received earlier buddy. Wasn’t from him though. Burnie man posted on another thread somebody else saying there is no promotion or relegation. Must say probably wishful thinking on his part.

Yeah was sent the screenshot,  and realised I was duplicating what you had. Seems to have a bit of legs this one.

Edited by The Informer

Surely the only fair thing to do is cancel this season and start it all again. Ok, the cut and dried winners, like Celtic, Dundee Utd and Cove, will not be too happy but relegating clubs, when they still have fixtures to enable survival, is just wrong in terms of the financial losses they'll take. For some clubs in the lower divisions with low cash reserves, it could mean bankruptcy. Sadly, with players to pay and no more matchday revenue, Covid-19 might seriously risk that already for some.