Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WitsTheGoalieDain?

Clydebank v Auchinleck

Recommended Posts

Maybe better not to give the Bankies any more night games as some of their supporters are on here howling at the moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

Maybe better not to give the Bankies any more night games as some of their supporters are on here howling at the moon.

Big decision did influence the outcome of the game. Arguably two fouls on Waters. Thought the game was even till that point tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:


Dont you have similar issues with your floodlights?

Same as the issues you have with coverered terracing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BTID said:

Big decision did influence the outcome of the game. Arguably two fouls on Waters. Thought the game was even till that point tbh. 

Good to get the points though. Always new it was going to be a hard game, especially on the plazzy pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Good to get the points though. Always new it was going to be a hard game, especially on the plazzy pitch.

Yep especially if you had so many out. Good sign winning comfortably without really playing your best. Pitch is excellent, not sure why it would be a hard game from that aspect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BTID said:

Yep especially if you had so many out. Good sign winning comfortably without really playing your best. Pitch is excellent, not sure why it would be a hard game from that aspect?

I always think that be it grass or plastic if the away team is not using that kind of surface regularly then it gives the home side a wee edge. It took us seasons to work out Petershill's pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackie Gold said:

I always think that be it grass or plastic if the away team is not using that kind of surface regularly then it gives the home side a wee edge. It took us seasons to work out Petershill's pitch.

Fair point, it definitely makes it different from the old HP it’s bigger as well. Can be more about the football which can only be a good thing. 
 

How’s Dillon young doing? He trialled with our 19s a few years ago looked a decent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BTID said:

Fair point, it definitely makes it different from the old HP it’s bigger as well. Can be more about the football which can only be a good thing. 
 

How’s Dillon young doing? He trialled with our 19s a few years ago looked a decent player.

One for the future, he's been rock solid when playing. Great attitude and looks like a lad who is willing to work for his place in the team. Also I sponsor him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better team won, no doubt about that. Still think it’s a foul on the keeper for the first but we didnt get it and that’s life.

 

We didn’t score and for all our huffing and puffing, we didn’t really look like scoting either.

 

Talbot showed again why they are the top team in the West with a comfortable win without needing a third gear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:


Small home support, what an absolute weapon. Anyway for those interested heres the foul on the keeper with a clear shove on him by the Talbot player as he went to deal with the cross. IMG_3187.jpg

Oooh...look at that. What a horrendous, brutal, challenge on the goalie.

Don't think we've ever seen anything like that take place in a football match ever before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Well u think ur 2 good for the juniors you have no proven record all use are doing is using the clydebank name to get back in and good luck to use like I said u will need it

Exactly who thinks we are too good for the juniors, where has this come from? As a club we want to progress as your club does  and as we’ve seen the association let us down so we are leaving. 
 

Good luck to you when we see you join the same senior league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Oooh...look at that. What a horrendous, brutal, challenge on the goalie.

Don't think we've ever seen anything like that take place in a football match ever before

Who said it was horrendous or brutal? It’s a foul, either from Young who headed the ball out his heads or the shove from the back. The former was close, but I reckon he had two hands on it. Referees always give goalkeepers protection from incidents like that when there is contact, last nights officials generally (inc for talbot) were miles off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Surely the keeper has got to be stronger there

Definitely a foul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ajs said:

Definitely a foul 

Keeper had a mare. He'll be waking up drenched in sweat thinking about what an arse he made of the second. Absolute rabbit in the headlights stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...