Rovers v QP

Massive game and a big opportunity to put serious pressure on Cowdenbeath since they’re up against Cove. Think Cowden are the team to catch in regards to getting a play off position

Keep assuming we’ll get a win against Rovers but in all honesty we’ve been dire against them this season so it’ll be a battle to get the win. Think we really need to go for it so I would have Joffrey in for King and go with 2 up top with Moore coming in for the suspended Slater. Would continue with Morrison at the back also as he’s been outstanding since being played in his natural position. Says a lot when Jamieson can’t get in the team currently 

Edited by qpfc

55 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Massive game and a big opportunity to put serious pressure on Cowdenbeath since they’re up against Cove. Think Cowden are the team to catch in regards to getting a play off position

Keep assuming we’ll get a win against Rovers but in all honesty we’ve been dire against them this season so it’ll be a battle to get the win. Think we really need to go for it so I would have Joffrey in for King and go with 2 up top with Moore coming in for the suspended Slater. Would continue with Morrison at the back also as he’s been outstanding since being played in his natural position. Says a lot when Jamieson can’t get in the team currently 

Agree with what you say. We are now into the must win category if we want to really challenge for play offs. No matter how we spin it the draws at Brechin and Stenny were costly to our chances. Not an easy place for us but no reason why we should not come out on top.

The last two games again Albion Rovers have seen them race into a two nil lead. At least in the Hampden game we showed a bit of character and quality to fight back for a draw. The Rovers strikers caused us big problems in both games although there were some horrendous individual performances on our side.

Looking at the line up from the last game at Cliftonhill there will only be 3 or 4 in the team this time around so I expect us to be a lot more solid at the back. We absolutely need to start on the front foot against them for once.

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Rovers have been tough opponents this season. I'd gladly accept a hideous scrambled 1-0 win. 

Yup. Draws are no use to us now really.

Will any of it matter anyway if none of us are soon unable to watch any games? Unless we can get them live streamed online. Still, imagine a team celebrating winning the play offs in front of none of their supporters. Seems kind of pointless to me.    

49 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Will any of it matter anyway if none of us are soon unable to watch any games? Unless we can get them live streamed online. Still, imagine a team celebrating winning the play offs in front of none of their supporters. Seems kind of pointless to me.    

All the more reason to get into the top four before the whole season is abandoned.

10 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

All the more reason to get into the top four before the whole season is abandoned.

If it's abandoned then there will be no play offs for anybody in the top four to play

Was talking to an Edinburgh City director today. He says closed door games will be a financial disaster for most clubs at our level.  

51 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

If it's abandoned then there will be no play offs for anybody in the top four to play

Was talking to an Edinburgh City director today. He says closed door games will be a financial disaster for most clubs at our level.  

I think it is more serious for a certain team from the southside of Glasgow. We can but hope.

I have just read that the proposed ban is for gatherings of over 500 people. That would allow most of league 2 games to go on. We could have over 5 metres of space between each fan if we opened the whole of the stadium. More realistically we could limit the crowd to 500.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

I have just read that the proposed ban is for gatherings of over 500 people. That would allow most of league 2 games to go on. We could have over 5 metres of space between each fan if we opened the whole of the stadium. More realistically we could limit the crowd to 500.

Members and season tickets get first shout obviously 😉

6 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Peterhead practically did it when winning the league. Total silence throughout. 

This could have a real bounce game feel about it. Most people, players included, likely to be wondering if this is it for the season. 
Or for us it could be seen as a cup final in some ways. Who knows what will happen with fixtures and decisions about promotion and relegation in the coming weeks, but if we win on saturday and Cowden drop points then we move back into fourth. If this is to be the last round of fixtures for the season, and somehow playoffs still happen, then we'll be involved.

All ifs and buts I realise, as none of us know what the next few weeks or months have in store for football or beyond.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Or for us it could be seen as a cup final in some ways. Who knows what will happen with fixtures and decisions about promotion and relegation in the coming weeks, but if we win on saturday and Cowden drop points then we move back into fourth. If this is to be the last round of fixtures for the season, and somehow playoffs still happen, then we'll be involved.

All ifs and buts I realise, as none of us know what the next few weeks or months have in store for football or beyond.

There's no way they could have playoffs after not completing the fixtures. The season would surely either have to be voided or completed, closed doors/limited attendance? Too many arguments over having different numbers of home/away games. A number of teams with games in hand as well. 

Interesting week ahead. The club in most danger of being relegated out of the league given a potential lifeline. The fact that the League 1 and 2 representative is from Brechin makes me uneasy. Perhaps my fears are unjustified and the gentleman concerned will declare an interest and remove himself from the decision making process.

On 12/03/2020 at 16:30, spiders4ever said:

Obviously. They would keep enough seats for members whether they are alive or not. 

If I pass away before the Stirling game then my family will ask that a seat be kept empty in my memory.

Edited by Mick1867