Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

It would be better but it's looking like its going to be impossible especially now players are in isolation.

Alot of teams play twice a week anyway. When does player welfare come into this, lots of players are part time.

Just seen the MLS has suspended its league 

MLS have just started their season so it is not such a big issue for them. I would expect everything to shut down in next week.

32 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think they are suggesting this is the best outcome, not reporting it.

I don't think so-

UEFA, which is to unite the various components of European football on Tuesday, is expected to announce the suspension of the Champions League and the Europa League on this occasion, as well as the postponement of the Euro to 2021

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Coronavirus-l-uefa-devrait-annoncer-la-semaine-prochaine-la-suspension-des-coupes-d-europe-et-le-report-de-l-euro-a-2021/1119058

6 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

MLS have just started their season so it is not such a big issue for them. I would expect everything to shut down in next week.

Cant say I know much about the MLS but I doubt they have as many fixtures or competitions as teams in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Cant say I know much about the MLS but I doubt they have as many fixtures or competitions as teams in Europe. 

They also don't have the challenging issue of relegation and promotion to deal with.

Edited by craigkillie

I think this is a good point to end Scottish football for a period of time and rethink the structure of our game for a post-COVID 19 world.

Do we REALLY need so many Glasgow teams? Maybe Rangers and Celtic should be given an ultimatum to either merge or be expelled.

Is it REALLY the will of the Scottish people for there to be 12 teams in the top flight and 10 teams in every other league? Maybe it's time for there to a referendum on our league structure.

The reality of the league is that if Rangers win their game in hand and the two games against Celtic, with the goal difference in Celtic’s favour Rangers would only need to make up 5 points in 6 matches. So there’s no way that anyone at Celtic Park can claim the title as things stand. However, Hearts would have to go down.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

It's better for domestic seasons to be completed if possible. By postponing the Euros you at least have a chance of being able to do that during the summer.

If you can, then finish this season playing weekend-midweek for as long as needed, then start the new season later and scrap the winter break to fit everything in.

Seems a bit too sensible to me.

52 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The reality of the league is that if Rangers win their game in hand and the two games against Celtic, with the goal difference in Celtic’s favour Rangers would only need to make up 5 points in 6 matches. So there’s no way that anyone at Celtic Park can claim the title as things stand. However, Hearts would have to go down.

Seems fair.