Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

People keep offering this as an argument, but I don't see why it would be the case. The TV companies, supporters and sponsors all got what they paid for - the matches subsequently being declared null and void wouldn't affect that.

I agree with this.

If you paid to see a game, then at the time you got what you paid for. You saw a competitive game. Subsequent events don't change that after the fact.

The missing games at the end of the season are different, but I can't see fans chasing down their clubs for the cash.

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

You missed the point on my feelings and your opinion. 

And an ignoramus would have ignored you, I quite enjoy the argument if and when you decide to bring one

Is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

People keep offering this as an argument, but I don't see why it would be the case. The TV companies, supporters and sponsors all got what they paid for - the matches subsequently being declared null and void wouldn't affect that.

It could be argued that what they paid for were football matches in the context of a competitive league. Declaring the league null and void has a material effect on the games which were paid for.

TV companies, sponsors and fans pay less for friendlies because of the lack of meaningful competition.  They could potentially have some contractual comeback on the basis of the competition being declared null and void.

It's all speculation of course, but simply declaring null and void may have unexpected impacts.

20 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

It could be argued that what they paid for were football matches in the context of a competitive league. Declaring the league null and void has a material effect on the games which were paid for.

TV companies, sponsors and fans pay less for friendlies because of the lack of meaningful competition.  They could potentially have some contractual comeback on the basis of the competition being declared null and void.

It's all speculation of course, but simply declaring null and void may have unexpected impacts.

They weren't seen as friendly matches at the time though.  We were entertained (mostly) and got our money's worth.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Award Celtic the title but in the interests of fairness (since they're not actually champions) draw our Champions league nominee out of a hat.

I'm up for that. 

But every team should get as many balls in the bag as they currently have points.  Celtic would get 80, Rangers 70, all the way down to any teams who could still mathematically qualify for European competition.

With 9 games and 27 points to play for anything could happen, you can't just say that celtic should get the title  because they'd have won it anyway.  It's called a season for a reason, 38 games must be played for it to be valid.

The integrity of the league must be upheld.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Bennett tremendous fishing. That is the 1st laugh I’ve had today[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Greenie given for lol

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Do you support a team that’s going to be relegated if the league ends as it is now? Ah yeah, I thought so.

Who I support doesn't matter.

The fact is by the leagues rules each team plays 38 games.

FWIW we've been dugshit for 2 years and are where we are on merit

5 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

What do you suggest happens if we can’t play football until September, or later?

31 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

And by league rules, you boys are fucked anyway. The league can do whatever they want. 

Hamilton chairman also reckons they can say the league is over now because over 75% of games have been played. Not seen this rule noted anywhere though.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5395025/celtic-champions-hearts-relegated-spfl-75-per-cent/

Literally every Hearts poster on this thread should have to start with the disclaimer "I am a Hearts fan and in this post I will be attempting to pathetically weasel us out of a deserved relegation that a week ago we had declared to be inevitable."

That's true.
Maybe partial money? There must be some teams outside the top 2 that are now guaranteed top 6 (so give them the prize money for 6th now). Are any other clubs guaranteed to finish no lower than a certain position?
Is it also still the case that every team gets the minimum prize money (i.e. based on finishing 12th) early doors in the season? 

Although had Saints game in hand against Rangers been played and we had won ( not really a certainty ) we would have now been in sixth place.