Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Were basically waiting on the english leagues to make a decision so we can copy them aren’t  we?

Given what Neil Lennon said on Friday, at least he’ll be happy for the league title to be null and void in Scotland, so long as that’s what England decide as well.

I agree if they want to change the rules for next season they can bash on but this season the rule book says 38 games.
Do you think they would award Killie the championship if Celtic could mathematically catch them?
Best of luck filling a squad to play those games with no income for 6 months and no ability to sell tickets because everyone's season tickets are still valid.

People are understandably looking at this in football terms,but the clubs are going to be absolutely brassic by the time games start up again. Telling them to fill a squad with no money to do so doesn't seem very palatable.

52 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I've already stated I'd rather we somehow completed the season,

BUT...

If we're awarding Celtic the title and relegating Hearts, there's only one man to make the announcement at the presser.

P6vJuENI_400x400.jpeg.88b19d04b408a63446dfefb0f7fb3c80.jpeg

The wee guy from Cannon and Ball?

28 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Best of luck filling a squad to play those games with no income for 6 months and no ability to sell tickets because everyone's season tickets are still valid.

People are understandably looking at this in football terms,but the clubs are going to be absolutely brassic by the time games start up again. Telling them to fill a squad with no money to do so doesn't seem very palatable.

If the games cant be played then the season should be null and void.

The league is incomplete as it stands.

Do we award Celtic the Scottish Cup too because Lennon wants his quadruple treble or whatever it is 

14 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

Do we award Celtic the Scottish Cup too because Lennon wants his quadruple treble or whatever it is 

Do you support a team that’s going to be relegated if the league ends as it is now? Ah yeah, I thought so.

And if the season is null and void that would result in Dundee Utd at a minimum going out of business. Fucking Hearts are running an 8m wage bill ffs, where do you think your club is getting the money to pay that? You think the Foundation Of Hearts money is enough to keep that ticking over? It would pay for about 7 weeks. There's a distinct possibility of a 6 month shutdown.

My opinion is that there will be no relegation. Leagues will temporarily increase in size while trying to fulfill contracts with broadcasters.

Would be totally against just awarding places to as they stand now ............but as it pisses off both the **** f**k it. How the f**k Hearts with their budget managed to be bottom at any point is astounding.

Get them in the sea(side leagues Hopefully).

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

And if the season is null and void that would result in Dundee Utd at a minimum going out of business. Fucking Hearts are running an 8m wage bill ffs, where do you think your club is getting the money to pay that? You think the Foundation Of Hearts money is enough to keep that ticking over? It would pay for about 7 weeks. There's a distinct possibility of a 6 month shutdown.

My opinion is that there will be no relegation. Leagues will temporarily increase in size while trying to fulfill contracts with broadcasters.

Hearts could have been more than capable of playing themselves out if trouble with 8 games still to go, relegation in these circumstances is wrong.  

How many teams do we promote up to the premiership, all of the teams who could've made the play off places will demand to come up too. Ideally the spfl could have offered them compensation packages but thats highly unlikely. 

It's a bloody minefield trying to please everyone. 

How far reaching is the definition of "Null and Void", does it only apply to league placing or does it extend to all commercial arrangements throughout the season?

If you argue the season is null and void, does that mean any/all monies received (TV money, season tickets, sponsorship etc) must therefore be reimbursed?

On 15/03/2020 at 11:51, bennett said:

That's not what Neil Lennon was saying earlier in the week. 

Let me credit you with intelligence you deserve and pose you a question.

Lets assume you won the game in hand and based on the current form of both teams you see Celtic dropping 10 points in the next 8 games when we have dropped 10 in the previous 30 games? 

Furthermore this isn’t even the biggest issue, close the season and award the prize money and focus on keeping clubs alive so we can at least see every team who finished this one start the next? 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Let me credit you with intelligence you deserve and pose you a question.

Lets assume you won the game in hand and based on the current form of both teams you see Celtic dropping 10 points in the next 8 games when we have dropped 10 in the previous 30 games? 

Absolutely no sane Rangers fan would think the league (at the top end) was anything but over.  Your manager, though, had a different view.  As I have posted before:

TLB.JPG.4d05672edfbaac5be1287488aaaa16e5.JPG

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely no sane Rangers fan would think the league (at the top end) was anything but over.  Your manager, though, had a different view.  As I have posted before:

TLB.JPG.4d05672edfbaac5be1287488aaaa16e5.JPG

Not his decision though either is it?

Christ Klopp won’t even hail his team as champions despite having double the gap we have to Rangers. If he had to come out say he thinks it won he would be slaughtered for his arrogance. 

we could be 1 point away from the title I’d still expect him to say the same

The sporting integrity debate is laughable, disregarding the results of the previous 30 games in favour of what might happen over the next 8. End the season, pay out the prize money and keep clubs afloat and people in jobs. The longer it goes I fear for how many clubs actually line up for a restart or a new season

Edited by Jinky67

On 15/03/2020 at 10:46, JTS98 said:

Of course, you'd be saying the same if Celtic were second and Rangers first.

I think Celtic will be given the title, and I'm fine with that. But you can't really argue with anyone who points out that you didn't actually win it.

There will forever be an asterisk.

Can’t stand them but even I couldn’t argue if the roles were reversed that they would be ahead based on merit and would be within their right to claim themselves as champions.

f**k sake that me cringe

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

A lot of people today coming out with cloud cuckoo land statements. The SFA inferring that the Scotland v Israel match and the Scottish Cup semi finals and final, may still be played on the due dates. What world are they living in? I would be amazed if there’s any major sport played here before autumn at the very earliest given what’s being said by health experts. Steven Gerrard saying that postponing the rest of the season until later in the year could have an adverse effect on the players. What do these people think is happening out there? This is nothing to do with football, this is life. If we don’t play any more football until next year because it’s not safe to do so, then so be it. Stevie should give Jurgen Klopp a call and take some advice from him. Basically, what these statements are missing, is that this is not Football’s decision.

The SFA do not have the power to cancel the Scotland v Israel match - that is administered by UEFA and the SFA very clearly noted in their statement that this would be discussed at a meeting tomorrow. Their statement literally said that it is "not football's decision" - it said that everything was subject to the UK government's advice. A week ago we were still all expecting the season to continue as normal - there is absolutely nothing wrong with them taking a bit of time to decide it.

There is also nothing wrong with saying that postponements will have an adverse effect on players. Of course they will. That isn't the same as saying that there shouldn't be postponements. This will affect staff in a lot of industries all over the world - I doubt that anyone would be as worked if the CEO of Pizza Hut said that their staff would be affected by having to close stores.

58 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

How far reaching is the definition of "Null and Void", does it only apply to league placing or does it extend to all commercial arrangements throughout the season?

If you argue the season is null and void, does that mean any/all monies received (TV money, season tickets, sponsorship etc) must therefore be reimbursed?

People keep offering this as an argument, but I don't see why it would be the case. The TV companies, supporters and sponsors all got what they paid for - the matches subsequently being declared null and void wouldn't affect that.