Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

1 hour ago, PSJSaint said:

Football will be back when it's safe to be back but the clubs might not. Might not make a huge amount of difference but would suggest now is the time to buy that shirt from the club shop. Take that £25 you were going to spend today and subscribe to your teams TV channel. Go and have a meal at the restaurant.

The clubs are fucked because in Scotland, on average 43% of a clubs income comes via gate receipts. 

A high % of Scottish football fans are bigots and glory hunters therefore a large % of gate receipts go to two clubs.

These people are horrible c***s.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I can see where you're coming from with that, but I think it gets messy to the point of being a waste of time.

A season that runs for 15 months with 3 transfer windows and a rake of players leaving their clubs before the last 8 or so games? A cup competition with about 6 months between the quarters and the semis, featuring vastly changed sides? I'm not sure that's really vastly preferable to not bothering.

Unfortunately all the options will be messy. 

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

And then after the 2022 World Cup are we committing to summer football moving forward or do we need to have another adjustment back the other way.

It would be for the governing bodies to assess at the time.

What's the current plan for the 2022 world cup ? Are we having a 2 month gap in the middle of the European football season ?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Unfortunately all the options will be messy. 

It would be for the governing bodies to assess at the time.

What's the current plan for the 2022 world cup ? Are we having a 2 month gap in the middle of the European football season ?

I believe so, aye. I think Bayern were making noises about suing.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The clubs are fucked because in Scotland, on average 43% of a clubs income comes via gate receipts. 

A high % of Scottish football fans are bigots and glory hunters therefore a large % of gate receipts go to two clubs.

These people are horrible c***s.

This is one situation where the Foundation of Hearts monthly pledges will come into their own. The club has guaranteed income.

Perhaps other fans could look at setting up similar systems?

1 hour ago, PSJSaint said:

Football will be back when it's safe to be back but the clubs might not. Might not make a huge amount of difference but would suggest now is the time to buy that shirt from the club shop. Take that £25 you were going to spend today and subscribe to your teams TV channel. Go and have a meal at the restaurant.

Some folk can't do that as they may be looking at a month on SSP.

Guest Moomintroll
I don't like the idea of voiding the season or crowning champions and relegating sides who still theoretically have a chance to survive.
We should finish this season, whether that's in 6 weeks or 6 months time. 
We need at least a 6-7 week period to finish this season. It's looking unlikely we'll get that before next season is due to start, especially if as predicted this crisis won't even peak until June/July.
The best option for me is that we finish this season September-November and play next season from January with the Euro's at the end of the year. We then do the same in 2022 with the world cup in Qatar at the end of the year.
You have just solved this entire problem, FIFA have unleashed this virus deliberately to get away with the clusterfuck that is the Qatar World Cup. If you don't believe me then just try looking at Infantino without automatically thinking Bond Villian.

It's not the fairest outcome but it's better than some other options imo- why don't we just split teams into pairs to have one legged playoffs for every position?

We'd end up with-

Celtic playing Rangers to decide who wins the league

Motherwell vs Aberdeen for 3rd

Livi v Hibs for 5th

St Johnstone v Killie for 7th

St Mirren v County for 9th

Hamilton v Hearts for 11th

Play them behind closed doors at Hampden over the course of a week, televise them all.

I don't like the idea of voiding the season or crowning champions and relegating sides who still theoretically have a chance to survive.
We should finish this season, whether that's in 6 weeks or 6 months time. 
We need at least a 6-7 week period to finish this season. It's looking unlikely we'll get that before next season is due to start, especially if as predicted this crisis won't even peak until June/July.
The best option for me is that we finish this season September-November and play next season from January with the Euro's at the end of the year. We then do the same in 2022 with the world cup in Qatar at the end of the year.
Clubs aren't going to go for less games if remotely possible. We're tending to look at this as fans and trying to come up with a solution which we think will be best football wise. The clubs won't be ignoring that, but they absolutely will be looking at the finances. There is no scenario I see where there are less games played than possible.

I think they'll go for announcing this league finished and go with a fixture heavy 2020/21 season.

Some fucking mental suggestions here.

Declaring the season void would be farcical and taking the standings as they are just now wouldn’t be much better. The season should be finished whenever it can be resumed, regardless of when that is.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Any suggestions on what to do with myself? I is booooored.

I wasn't going to a game today anyway, I'm doing family stuff, but I'm so used to checking the scores from lunchtime onwards that I'm getting fidgety already. I imagine this is what giving up fags feels like.

What's with Hearts fans saying "I don't care if we're relegated because of this" or "I'd rather we finished the season and got relegated than stayed up because of this"? Liars and weirdos.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, DC92 said:

What's with Hearts fans saying "I don't care if we're relegated because of this" or "I'd rather we finished the season and got relegated than stayed up because of this"? Liars and weirdos.

Ultimately, it's not very important. And the situation is such that some action has to be taken.

If we're in the second tier when fitba restarts, what's the big deal? Hearts will be fine. But someone is going to be upset, so what's the point in making a big deal about it?

Chris Sutton in the Daily Mail saying you cant give Liverpool the title until all the fixtures are completed and then in the Record saying give Celtic the title before the fixtures are completed.

What a hypocrite. Just plays to his audience.

Scotland is ideally placed to deal with this.

Finish this season whenever we can, with whatever players are available given contracts and transfers.

Use the end point of the season to define an abridged version of next season, play everyone x 1 or x 2 or x 3 depending on what time is available to put us back on course.  This will work down the leagues.

Celtic can claim to be going for 9 and a half in a row which will satisfy them and Rangers get an extra chance to stop 10 in a row which will please them.

The rest of us get the football back.

Guest Moomintroll
Chris Sutton in the Daily Mail saying you cant give Liverpool the title until all the fixtures are completed and then in the Record saying give Celtic the title before the fixtures are completed.

What a hypocrite. Just plays to his audience.
OF morons gonna moron.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Ultimately, it's not very important. And the situation is such that some action has to be taken.

If we're in the second tier when fitba restarts, what's the big deal? Hearts will be fine. But someone is going to be upset, so what's the point in making a big deal about it?

Relegation would be a disaster that could set us back years. Given that none of the outcomes are "fair" anyway, I heavily favour the "get out of jail free" option, thanks. In sure 99% of football fans would say the same in our situations.

To be honest I’m probably more concerned that I can watch Hearts sat next to my septuagenarian parents next season than what league we’re watching them in.

If we do catch a sporting break on the back of a global disaster then it will go some way towards making up for Kaiser Bill derailing our championship in 1914

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Relegation would be a disaster that could set us back years. Given that none of the outcomes are "fair" anyway, I heavily favour the "get out of jail free" option, thanks. In sure 99% of football fans would say the same in our situations.

Fair enough. That's your view.

1) Hearts have set Hearts back years. We deserve to go down.

2) Most football fans are absolute dafties. We all know this. There's more to football than one-eyed tribalism.

I'm not dying to get relegated, but a decision must be made and I don't think we should kick up a fuss if it's decided we get the bullet. Could have avoided it by not being shite for a year and a half.