Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Guest Moomintroll
And could have been three if we hadn't humped you in the final one of the years we won it[emoji6]
"Day 1, we are already reduced to digging each other up about 6 a side tournaments 30 odd years ago". We are all going to lose the plot over the coming weeks, aren't we?

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You pay money to watch a sporting entertainment where your team has no chance of finishing champions, along with 42 other clubs purely because of money.  And a nation full of bigots and glory hunters choose to keep it this way.  Where the football authorities make every decision based around the needs of these two clubs, and the media and tv companies are only really interested in covering them, keeping them in the spotlight and making sure kids from all over the country grow up bombarded with OF stuff and jump on the bandwagon, perpetuating the whole thing.

And you want to talk about this not being right?  There's never been anything more right in Scottish football since rangers' demotion to the very bottom.  Or hearts, going bust a couple of times yet getting to declare themselves bankrupt and write off millions of debt then start all over again ploughing millions into a new stand and a team full of overpaid dross?

We're only allowed crumbs off the table in Scottish football, and all we have is the enjoyment of seeing other teams being shafted.  There's some tough times ahead in the immediate future, with no football as a distraction.  So just hope for null and void and get pointing and laughing with the rest of us!!

I pay money to watch St Mirren do the best they can, as they are my hometown team, and rightly or wrongly, their adventures on the football field mean something to me. I rejoiced when we won midweek and jumped up to ninth in the table. If we’d lost, we’d have went bottom. If today’s news had hit following a Hearts win in midweek, I would be less than happy. So, I feel sorry for Hearts, and yes, feel a bit for Celtic, Dundee United, Liverpool, whoever. As a football fan, I want to see the season finish. Somehow.

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

There's never been anything more right in Scottish football since rangers' demotion to the very bottom.  Or hearts, going bust a couple of times yet getting to declare themselves bankrupt and write off millions of debt then start all over again ploughing millions into a new stand and a team full of overpaid dross?

Rangers weren't demoted, they were invited to join. Even that wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate policy. I'm not sure how the Hearts part fits in as "right"?

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Rangers weren't demoted, they were invited to join. Even that wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate policy. I'm not sure how the Hearts part fits in as "right"?

Aye we declared ourselves 'bankrupt' and cancelling the season would be deserved punishment for that...

It's problematic no matter which way you carve it if we can't finish the season.  We are favourites to go down, but there's just under a quarter of the season to play and we have a direct rival to play twice.  I can't say I'd be happy at being relegated without being given the chance to fight it.  As said, if we'd won Wednesday then St Mirren would be punished and it wouldn't be right with so many games to play.

But equally if it was to end now we'd only really have ourselves to blame and it's a completely unique scenario.

30 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
53 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:
And could have been three if we hadn't humped you in the final one of the years we won itemoji6.png

"Day 1, we are already reduced to digging each other up about 6 a side tournaments 30 odd years ago". We are all going to lose the plot over the coming weeks, aren't we?

Fucking right min......

As you say Day one and already suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Was all geared up for Fir Park tonight but having to endure the company of the missus instead 

I think realistically all leagues will be declared completed and champions confirmed. At the other end of the tables, play offs will be played pre-season. Not ideal but the only practical solution. Cup semi finals/ final also pre season. Scrap next seasons league cup sections and have a straight knock out tournament. If this happens across Europe at the behest of UEFA clubs will just have to accept it.

Guest DAVIDB69
I think realistically all leagues will be declared completed and champions confirmed. At the other end of the tables, play offs will be played pre-season. Not ideal but the only practical solution. Cup semi finals/ final also pre season. Scrap next seasons league cup sections and have a straight knock out tournament. If this happens across Europe at the behest of UEFA clubs will just have to accept it.

Everything will be worked around what uefa do with the European tournaments and the euros.

The implications of this will run on for a few seasons and I suspect season 21/22 will be season 22 and finishing in time for the quatar World Cup

Expect season through the summer and the next two seasons

But no league has been won. If you are not going to complete it, you can't declare a winner.

Well you can as the ruling body can declare the leagues completed. It has never happened before but the ruling body can do so under emergency unforeseen circumstances

Just now, CambieBud said:

Well you can as the ruling body can declare the leagues completed. It has never happened before but the ruling body can do so under emergency unforeseen circumstances

Or they can declare the league void as it was not completed.

"It has never happened before but the ruling body can do so under emergency unforeseen circumstances"

100% agree with your last sentence i.e. UEFA will issue a direction and all the countries will be told to follow it.

15 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I think realistically all leagues will be declared completed and champions confirmed. At the other end of the tables, play offs will be played pre-season.

Personally agree with Johnny, but if they do declare champions and promotion/relegation then I and many other fans will be livid if this doesn't happen and we don't get a fair whack at playoff promotion.

Personally agree with Johnny, but if they do declare champions and promotion/relegation then I and many other fans will be livid if this doesn't happen and we don't get a fair whack at playoff promotion.

I agree with you. It may not be 100% fair but it seems the fairest possible solution, otherwise next season could be even more shambolic as clubs wouldn’t know which league to budget for in the transfer window