Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

If you look closely there is a "?" at the end.  [emoji6]
It wasn't a rule, it was a question of whether that is something that would need to be introduced in order to retain a level playing field.

Edit: Tell you what, flip it around to your team. The games that were postponed are now being played, the transfer window opens with 2 games left and both you and Motherwell are vying for 3rd. Suddenly Motherwell announce two big signings just before you are due to play. How would you feel about that?
Clearly we play games when the window is open, but essentially the transfer window was introduced to stop teams buying in players at the tail end of the season.
Teams sign players in the January transfer window and nobody finds that in the slightest bit strange.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
36 minutes ago, Ric said:
If you look closely there is a "?" at the end.  emoji6.png
It wasn't a rule, it was a question of whether that is something that would need to be introduced in order to retain a level playing field.

Edit: Tell you what, flip it around to your team. The games that were postponed are now being played, the transfer window opens with 2 games left and both you and Motherwell are vying for 3rd. Suddenly Motherwell announce two big signings just before you are due to play. How would you feel about that?
Clearly we play games when the window is open, but essentially the transfer window was introduced to stop teams buying in players at the tail end of the season.

Teams sign players in the January transfer window and nobody finds that in the slightest bit strange.

To be fair, if it did happen like that, we'd at least have half a shout to get another couple of defenders in....we've been right on a knife-edge for weeks and Wednesday pushed us into full on crisis.

The thought of having a few fit full backs and midfielders for a run in would be OK

2 hours ago, John MacLean said:

Best solution moving forward when football does, finally, get back playing would be just pick up season 2019-2020 whenever that is and irrespective of changes to club's squads due to contract expiry. 

Season 2020-2021 starts immediately afterwards and/or in an abridged form. No League Cup perhaps, just two league games between teams instead of four and hopefully things are back to normal in time for July 2021 and the 2021-2022 season. 

Said something similar to the Mrs - next season’s League Cup should be scrapped immediately. The group stages as glorified pre-season friendlies are pish anyway. Also, get next season’s Bells B&Q Ramsdens Petrofac shite kicked into touch so hard that its arse won’t hit the ground until it lands at TNS’ doorstep.

Announce an earlier start to next season, and it starts by picking up the remainder of this season’s fixtures exactly as they were supposed to be. Right now - start work on a new shortened format for the new season that will follow the conclusion of this one. Something that sees everyone start on zero points, but not the normal length of season. I don’t know - play each other three times or something. Home and away, aggregate result determines home advantage for the third meeting, split the gate at the third meeting. Fcuk knows, but at least you would have the time between now and then to figure something out. Player contracts and transfer windows are a complication, but the whole damn thing is complicated.

Major issue to all of this though is that if we start early next season in any guise, Celtic will kybosh the plan because it’ll interfere with them playing Manchester United in a glamour friendly in Chicago.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

It really isn't TBF.

No you’re right, I shouldn’t have expected anything else from a small minded, petty, point scoring, my club is more important than any health issues, sort of guy.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No you’re right, I shouldn’t have expected anything else from a small minded, petty, point scoring, my club is more important than any health issues, sort of guy.

Not having a go at you m74 , but what if it was your club in Celtics position ? Would you be happy to have everything cancelled and to start again next season , when 9 in a row and another potential treble is on the cards ?? 

Edited by G51 Red

Not having a go at you m74 , but what if it was your club in Celtics position ? Would you be happy to have everything cancelled and to start again next season , when 9 in a row and another potential treble is on the cards ?? 
Will we just give them the Scottish cup as well because it's only two games and they'll probably win it anyway?

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Coronavirus already killed hundreds, world is in lock down, cities of millions quarantined, prime minister says many loved ones will die,oh and Neil Lennon wants assurances Celtic will get 9-in-a-row.

Get some fucking perspective you utter c**t.

It was an awful statement from him. As you say he came across as a totally uncaring c**t.

People are ill, anxious and in a number of cases dead and all he cares about is winning a title.

7 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Complete the league season with one huge penalty shoot out bonanza... All 42 clubs to send a goalie and 5 kickers to a closed doors stadium and play the outstanding matches as per the fixture list...

Or how about a giant 42 man Royal Rumble type event ?

The hardest c**t from each club gets put on the Hampden pitch and they all knock f**k out of each other and the last man standing wins the treble and European entry for his club ??

Obviously it’d be behind closed doors.

28 minutes ago, Empty It said:
38 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Will we just give them the Scottish cup as well because it's only two games and they'll probably win it anyway?

That’s not what I said and you know it ....😉

56 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, if it did happen like that, we'd at least have half a shout to get another couple of defenders in....we've been right on a knife-edge for weeks and Wednesday pushed us into full on crisis.

The thought of having a few fit full backs and midfielders for a run in would be OK

It's a fair point. We could certainly do with a few weeks to get those who are going to be fit, fit.

It's only mid-March, so it's still some time away, but if other teams were going to take advantage of a "late season window" then I'd hope we'd do the same.

Wasn't it 00/01 when we were put down by a United team that brought in a ton of players, or was that during the window? Must be round about that time they were introduced.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Yeah, I covered that in my post, but you have to accept there is a difference and quite a significant one too. There is a reason it's in January and not April or May.

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

And end the season with a 2:1 split in favour of Ibrox for OF derbies?

Is this your first day in Scotland?

haven't looked at the table but I think I'm right in saying that it'd make it an OF title decider too unless they rearrange the fixtures?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely